Savage Sword

Syndel
SL Name: Syndel Daviau

Savage Sword

Postby Syndel » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:13 pm

The lore is in development at this present time.

As initial base, we can tell that Savage Sword takes place in Thera, a fictional world that's lost in time, inspired by the tales of Conan and Red Sonja, Scorpion King and portions of the D&D universe. Barbaric in nature, it wasn't touched by modernity: it's a place where steel and magic give the tone.

This is an adult environment with contents that may offend some such as sex, slavery and violence. All roleplayers and characters must be 18+ years old.

Roleplay will be metered (Gorean Meter) for sword and bow play and dice-rolled to all that involves magic.
Individual research will guarantee the original concept of your character of choice.

It's fundamental for the success of the environment that everyone embrace their character's notion of xenophobia and deity worshiping according to the chosen species because most internal conflict that will maintain the sim interesting rests in that as well as in mini-plots such as kidnaps etc.

Information about locations being built and playable species (in development) can be found at the website: http://savagesword.webs.com

Openings for leadership will soon be announced.
Join the group:
secondlife:///app/group/361d02d0-99f2-f818-0586-714aaba985e1/about

ETA: May 2014 (maybe sooner)
Builder: Eve Cartier
Tarl Cabot
SL Name: Total Crab
Caste: Brachyura
Role: Scurvy Dawg
Home Stone: Bikini Bottom
Owner: Mr Krabs

Re: Savage Sword

Postby Tarl Cabot » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:19 am

How long Do you anticipate this one lasting? Honestly. .... save your money and spend it on a holiday. Take a break or something.

I'm calling it before Anarch does. 6 weeks.
"I drip sarcasm like you drip stupid".
Mynerva
SL Name: *****

Postby Mynerva » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:07 am

Tarl Cabot wrote:How long Do you anticipate this one lasting? Honestly. .... save your money and spend it on a holiday. Take a break or something.

What difference does it make how long it lasts?
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg
HaulsRopesFaster
SL Name: Nikolai Krutschek
Caste: Sailors
Role: Quartermaster
Home Stone: Jungles of Schendi
AkA: Hauls Ropes Faster

Postby HaulsRopesFaster » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:36 am

Tarl Cabot wrote:How long Do you anticipate this one lasting? Honestly. .... save your money and spend it on a holiday. Take a break or something.

8 weeks because I'm an optimist
"They call me 'Hauls Ropes Faster', because the Non-Schendi struggle to say my name"

On indefinite shore leave in Lydius at the moment.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:38 am

Question: Since this is a fantasy world, why not use another meter, like Spellfire?
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:45 am

Syndel wrote:The lore is in development at this present time.

As initial base, we can tell that Savage Sword takes place in Thera, a fictional world that's lost in time, inspired by the tales of Conan and Red Sonja, Scorpion King and portions of the D&D universe. Barbaric in nature, it wasn't touched by modernity: it's a place where steel and magic give the tone.

The playable species look great and I can't wait to see what you come up with for the lore. It will be awesome to see what Eve does with this idea in the build.

I hope you continue to provide additional information despite the jealous ignorance it might spawn from people who had little genuine interest in playing in the first place.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:19 pm

This could be interesting!
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Syndel

Postby Syndel » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:42 pm

To be honest, what doesn't last are Gorean sims and not mine only.
My urban sim lasted a very good 10 months run.
How long will it last? It depends solely on roleplayers interested in playing on it.
What I do with my money is none of anyone's business. :) Be glad people have money (not just me) and use it to make playgrounds for YOU to play at for free. And if not interested in playing in such setting, do ignore? :D And life moves on with all simplicity.
Syndel

Postby Syndel » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Glaucon wrote:Question: Since this is a fantasy world, why not use another meter, like Spellfire?

I might look into it, Glaucon, but we had a good experience with the GM outside of Gor, for example, in Capua.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:59 pm

Fair enough. I am just not a fan of the OP-ness of bows under GM. And Spellfire does offer some scripted options for magic in combat, but you plan to handle that with dice. Might be a bit tricky if you plan on having a lot of combat (given the different resolution speeds). I haven't used Spellfire a lot, myself.

Return to “General”