There are plenty of roles you can play in Versailles (alts are welcomed as long as you do not metagame). In fact, we absolutely encourage the use of them as well as all the IC drama that you can bring. The core idea of this sim is to have a tight knit community of players that form four different houses in one small environment and see some blood and tension running.
In these 3 days since opened we already have filled 7 positions but more is needed before we kick off on July 16.
If you choose to play a noble, you have to choose at least 2 hierarchies to present your character. Example of a noble role: Louis de Burgundy, Chevalier, Duc.
1. House: Bourbon, Anjou, Burgundy or Harcourt (only these houses will be represented at court, you have to join one of these).
2. Position: Chancellor, Chef Militaire, Echavin, Chevalier, Dame d’honneur, Valet de chambre (optional, if you wish to be busy that is).
3. Noble title: Prince/Princesse (Bourbon only), Duc/Duchese, Marquis/Marquise, Comte/Comtesse, Vicomte/Vicomtesse, Baron/Baronne or Ecuyer (mandatory).
If you would like to fill a key role, these are priority for us to fill:
• Current King (Roi de France, Bourbon)
• Future King (Dauphin, Bourbon)
• Princes and Princesses (Bourbon)
• Duc d’Anjou (head of the house)
• Duc de Burgundy (head of the house)
• Duc de Harcourt (head of the house)
Key positions that also need to be filled by one of the above nobles –or other nobles (and not the only ones, but ket to start role play):
• Chef Militaire: In charge of all factions, able to control rebellion of the masses.
• Echavin: A magistrate, a judge. The maximum legal authority after the King.
• Chevaliers: Knights who lead special missions and protect the King and his household.
• Dames d’honneur: Female personal assistants at a court, attending on a queen. Considered more of a companion than servants to their mistress.
• Chamberlain: Officer in charge of managing the royal household.
• Bouffon: A jester,employed to tell jokes and provide general entertainment.
• Valets de Chambre: To look after clothes and other personal needs of the royal family, though it could be akin to a monarch or ruler's personal secretary.
• Cuisiniers: Cooks, male and female.
• House (if noble):
• Title (if noble):
• Known family (if someone is coming to play with you):
• Position desired:
• What do you think your character will bring to this role playing community?
• Example of role play (please post a paragraph of how this character would enter a room):
Please be aware that there are limited places in the sim due to its nature, and not all applications will be approved. The criteria for selection includes: writing capabilities, good grammar and knowledge of the historical setting.