Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Re: Diablo 3!!!

Postby Victor. » Mon May 28, 2012 8:18 am

Vylixan wrote:
Victor. wrote:I hate the fact that every GOOD upgrade for my character costs 10m right now. Meh.

I refuse to use the Auction-house. I play it the way D2 was played. I do hope they fix the itemlevel that drops so that I do not get lvl 19 items from Diablo on normal for example or lvl 21 items in act 1 nightmare. That really sucks.

Not sure how you played Diablo 2 - but there was literally a 1 to 1000000000000 chance of you finding the item with the perfect stats for your class on your own.

Trading has ALWAYS been a big part of Diablo 2 and it's quite clear that you won't be able to beat Inferno if you only rely on your own drop-luck for updates. You'll inevitably have to use the AH if you want to progress. Of course, if you want to take 3 years for Inferno or dont WANT to do it at all - more power to you my friend. There is no chance they'll "fix" the item drops I fear.

Diablo on Inferno still drops shit - the best items are RARES with the perfect combination of stats you can happen upon. Legendaries are mostly cosmetic - though some notable exceptions have great stats on them you won't get otherwise (Like Andariel's Visage as a helmet with +Attack Speed etc.).

I won't use the RMAH and I think it'll be a hot mess, besides the obvious need for them to have every of their games be a cash cow from now on. But I'll gladly indulge in the regular gold AH ;) - still gets me that DEX items are so expensive :(
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Ceri the Urt
Urtastic!
SL Name: Ceri Kesten
Role: Being totally stinky.

Postby Ceri the Urt » Mon May 28, 2012 10:13 am

I play a monk, which I have recently been told is one of the hardest roles to play because they are not very powerful. Before I started using the AH (which I refused to do at first because I hate change and new things LOL) I was getting killed every other fight. Seriously, it was Horrible. After I was killed for the 5th or 6th time on one boss I gave up and went to the AH. I had accumulated a fair amount of gold so I twinked myself out a bit and it made ALL the difference. I still get killed (especially on those lazer beam user thingys) but not nearly as much. Now I am all for the AH and just upgraded my now level 42 monk. I could NOT do it without the AH. Even as a blacksmith crafter I couldn't do it.

I think Blacksmithing is the dumbest skill on the planet. Seriously, by the time you have enough gold to up your level enough to get things you can wear, the things you get have worse stats then what you get for drops.

I switched to Jewel crafting however and Love it. It sucks that it doesn't drop pages of jewlercrafting until nightmare level, and I am guessing it doesn't drop the tomes until you are done with NM, but I can easily get them on the Ah (when that function is working).
Don't raise your voice, Improve your Argument.
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Wed May 30, 2012 4:25 pm

Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Postby Allison Millet » Wed May 30, 2012 5:01 pm

hahaha that reminds me of how it was when you were farming items from the secret cow level at like level 15
Hockey Stick!
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Thu May 31, 2012 2:45 am

It's hilarious cause it's true:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anNTzQnpHWI

for comparison's sake.
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Thu May 31, 2012 5:00 pm

I already do that on my Wizard in Nightmare. :hrm:

This does not bode well.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
GothGirl Demonia
SL Name: GothGirl Demonia

Postby GothGirl Demonia » Thu May 31, 2012 9:08 pm

Will be buying D3 before long...

It is best not to use the auction house right off anyways because most MMO's have nothing but a lot of gold sellers manipulating the auctions in other words they stick things up there for insane amounts of money, and even buy low sell high to mess up the economy and force people into buying gold. * And then half the time you buy something off the auction house its another gold seller taking back the money to resell it to someone else.*

I am sure there is a strategy for killing the boss as a monk maybe kite more, or bring along a few friends :3.

I am not sure how the auction or real money trading is going to be but hopefully it will be a hit and from what I hear players will be able to trade real money through the game not sure that going to be true but I know of a few games similar to SL that do such.
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:14 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HROGFRh2SiM

Third day in a row now that there are hours of "error 37" problems before I can actually manage to login. Not cool. :banghead:
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Postby Vylixan » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:44 pm

Draco wrote:Third day in a row now that there are hours of "error 37" problems before I can actually manage to login. Not cool. :banghead:

Lol I can tell you even worse:

I was in the game playing solo as always and then suddenly , kicked out with: Error 1: There was an error creating your own party....

I say wha ??????? and then when logging in Error 1: There was an error creating your own party.... and suddenly Error 37 .
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:45 am

I haven't been getting any errors since the first night...
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499

Return to “General”