Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Re: Diablo 3!!!

Postby Victor. » Wed May 23, 2012 4:39 am

Vylixan wrote:
Victor. wrote:Well, beat the game by now - Diablo on Inferno was a bit of a c*nt - especially since my "Nelphalem Valor (+75% Magic Find)" ran out and the drops were down the deep end of pathetic.

The journey was fun though - will see if it binds me some longer to farm gear for fun but I'd guess not. ;)

Trying the hardcore mode next (1 death and your character is gone) - definitely building a shrine for the first person to master Inferno on a HC character, because through Inferno I died PLENTY.

Well I think a day ago the first mage killed Diablo on inferno . SOLO. not with four people using all kind of avoiding methods and rezzes and portals and banner jumps. He died about a 100 times on Diablo :D and the loot sucked , but I hear that from more people.

I am still in Act III normal with my lvl 30 monk, but i can not play tha much due to a hand injury :)

Killed him by myself too - died about 50 times. Though today they nerfed the Demon Hunter signature skill (Smoke Screen) significantly - so I am glad I got over with it, yesterday - because today it'd probably be almost impossible to pull off.

On another note: My hand felt like FALLING OFF after the kill lol. Way too much clicking.

Now I am not sure whether I'll start another character or another Demon Hunter on HC now and go nice and slow... :D
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Postby Vylixan » Wed May 23, 2012 5:24 am

Victor. wrote:
Killed him by myself too - died about 50 times. Though today they nerfed the Demon Hunter signature skill (Smoke Screen) significantly - so I am glad I got over with it, yesterday - because today it'd probably be almost impossible to pull off.

On another note: My hand felt like FALLING OFF after the kill lol. Way too much clicking.

Now I am not sure whether I'll start another character or another Demon Hunter on HC now and go nice and slow... :D

Good luck with the HC, that is real cool if you can manage to finish it without dying.

I am still to much struggling with the monk on normal :D I refuse to buy things from the AH and try all solo but the drops I get are bad, though I have one legendary item already. Though I have the feeling that inferno will be a long way to go for me.
Thyri
SL Name: Thyri Carver
Caste: Scribe
Role: Free Woman

Postby Thyri » Wed May 23, 2012 2:00 pm

With HC Victor... dont forget to go back in acts to get the best gear for each situation. I'm about to head into Hell mode and I'm backtracking all over the place for gear. When I go Inferno, I'm going to backtrack like a SOB I have even saved a bunch of resistance pieces to fill out gaps if I have them. Better safe than sorry.
Be very polite. -Flagg RIP 2009
Victor.

Postby Victor. » Thu May 24, 2012 8:57 am

Hardcore was fun so far - through normal by now, guess NM will start to get increasingly harder with its 2 affix elite packs.

Resistances are absolutely necessary for most classes in Inferno, so you've done well to keep the items you found, Thyri ;)
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Mehrunes Unsworth
SL Name: Mehrunes Unsworth

Postby Mehrunes Unsworth » Thu May 24, 2012 6:12 pm

I hit a wall around hell mode rakanoth, he teleports to me and kills me in one blow, this seems to happen at random times. I know I can get him down if I keep trying, but I sorta lost my motivation. It is after all, the same content again and again with only bigger damage from enemies and bigger numbers on the randomly generated equipment.

I enjoy the game very much, but I put it on the shelf for now, after playing it nonstop for several days.
Vylixan

Postby Vylixan » Sun May 27, 2012 8:09 am

All right I manage to kill Diablo on normal. lvl 34 monk, yes I know many would have been in hell already :P

But I have to say the loot sucks. Why does he drops lvl 19 and 21 yellow items that are useless for me or any of my chars, the loot drops are horrible.
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Sun May 27, 2012 8:22 am

Well it's kinda like how I expected the game would turn out to be... becoming either a grind- or kitefest if you want to be able to kill stuff on Inferno difficulty.

I feel like Blizzard is becoming a victim of it's own success though, the game mechanics of Diablo3 are 75% World of Warcraft and 25% improvements made inspired by World of Warcraft 'issues'.
They're starting to become too afraid to move away from their 'succes formula' and in the end are able to offer very few 'new things'. The difficulty of the game has also obviously been inspired with all the feedback they've gotten from their WoW-market.

Normal and Nightmare for the more 'casual' players.
Hell and Inferno as "hardmodes" for the more hardcore gamers.
Along with Inferno comes the expectation that people keep farming old acts or quests in Hell over and over again until they finally have the gear to be able to kill stuff in Inferno...
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Sun May 27, 2012 12:07 pm

Mehrunes Unsworth wrote:I hit a wall around hell mode rakanoth, he teleports to me and kills me in one blow, this seems to happen at random times.

Just as a sidenote, you need to be a melee class or have a melee follower to deal with Rakanoth, he only uses his teleport + instagib attack if there is nobody in melee range for him. (which means that if you use a follower you also can't move too far away from him, or your follower will move out of melee range to follow you).

Edit: Or if you're a Demon Hunter you can just stunlock him... until he's dead.

Edit2: I only just noticed the announce arena system for Diablo3, looks cool, I was kinda missing the PvP side of things.

http://www.diablofans.com/ has some screenshot previews on the arenas.
Victor.

Postby Victor. » Mon May 28, 2012 6:08 am

Draco wrote:
Mehrunes Unsworth wrote:I hit a wall around hell mode rakanoth, he teleports to me and kills me in one blow, this seems to happen at random times.

Just as a sidenote, you need to be a melee class or have a melee follower to deal with Rakanoth, he only uses his teleport + instagib attack if there is nobody in melee range for him. (which means that if you use a follower you also can't move too far away from him, or your follower will move out of melee range to follow you).

Edit: Or if you're a Demon Hunter you can just stunlock him... until he's dead.

Edit2: I only just noticed the announce arena system for Diablo3, looks cool, I was kinda missing the PvP side of things.

http://www.diablofans.com/ has some screenshot previews on the arenas.

Or you use immunities - like Shadow Screen - whenever he makes his animation announces the teleport.

I hate the fact that every GOOD upgrade for my character costs 10m right now. Meh.
Vylixan

Postby Vylixan » Mon May 28, 2012 8:11 am

Victor. wrote:I hate the fact that every GOOD upgrade for my character costs 10m right now. Meh.

I refuse to use the Auction-house. I play it the way D2 was played. I do hope they fix the itemlevel that drops so that I do not get lvl 19 items from Diablo on normal for example or lvl 21 items in act 1 nightmare. That really sucks.

Return to “General”