Diablo 3!!!

Sempati
SL Name: Revenge Sempati
Caste: Warrior
Role: Dirty old man
Home Stone: Old Cardonicus

Re: Diablo 3!!!

Postby Sempati » Fri May 18, 2012 1:25 pm

That is the main reason not gone out to get the game yet, I enjoyed the hell out of D1/D2 but I see little difference between D2 and D3 in terms of gameplay (good and bad really). Kind of like StarCraft that way. Long wait but not much real change in the decade to make it worth my while.
Hell, Fallout managed to make a completely different game from Fallout 2 to Fallout 3. That was my expectation for Diablo as well, love the game and premise but wanted updated play experience not the same as I did 12 yrs ago.

I'll likely wait until it drops in price before getting it. Plus the must be online for single player just annoys me...it is piss poor DRM and no idea why MUST be online for single player portions of games now. All the makers seem to be doing it now.
“I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.”
“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
Bruce Lee
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Fri May 18, 2012 1:40 pm

Vylixan wrote:I guess you did not explore all maps, did all the side events and random events. but did a linear path from boss to boss ?

My playtime is now almost 20 hours (level 28)and I just left the big castle Act III normal. before you finally get gems and so on you are in Act III before that its a joke, no good stuff drops a all.

The smithy sucks. damn items you make are with the randoms just worthless. my monk got only items with strength and intellect.

The game play is good. but 10 K for 7 item slots in your back ( not 14 because 90% of the items need 2 slots.) I find that there are to many money sinks in there. I did upgrade the BS and JC to max and now only can do that with papers or so, I bought a few bank slots and still have 100K gold left.

I guess on higher difficulty the amount of gold that drops is higher ? The graphics are better, bu could be improved a lot, though its the game-play hat counts.

Didn't explore all maps at all, no. Just went where the main quest told me to - sometimes you run into little side quests that want to be done, but I didn't seek them out whatsoever :)

Listened/watched the story on Normal, after that I just skipped all these cuts all together as it's the same anyway.

And yes, the gold dropping increases quite significantly later on. But as all things - it's random none the less. Sometimes I get 800g from a creep and another time it's 1g.
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Postby Allison Millet » Fri May 18, 2012 1:42 pm

Sempati wrote:That is the main reason not gone out to get the game yet, I enjoyed the hell out of D1/D2 but I see little difference between D2 and D3 in terms of gameplay (good and bad really). Kind of like StarCraft that way. Long wait but not much real change in the decade to make it worth my while.
Hell, Fallout managed to make a completely different game from Fallout 2 to Fallout 3. That was my expectation for Diablo as well, love the game and premise but wanted updated play experience not the same as I did 12 yrs ago.

I'll likely wait until it drops in price before getting it. Plus the must be online for single player just annoys me...it is piss poor DRM and no idea why MUST be online for single player portions of games now. All the makers seem to be doing it now.

Thats really how I am on the game at the moment as well, though I am trying to get a trial key pass from one of my friends..however I went to download the D3 client and its not even up yet....so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to trial the game without a way to even start downloading it...lol.
Hockey Stick!
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Fri May 18, 2012 1:55 pm

I am not sure if this is a great game or not, but I will probably get it (as soon as my brand new system comes back from the shop, since it got slammed around enough during transport to make the CPU cooler break off, apparently).
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Postby Allison Millet » Fri May 18, 2012 2:49 pm

Glaucon wrote:I am not sure if this is a great game or not, but I will probably get it (as soon as my brand new system comes back from the shop, since it got slammed around enough during transport to make the CPU cooler break off, apparently).

Is it an intel cpu? those use this cheap plastic push pin design...there notorious for breaking off.
Hockey Stick!
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Fri May 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Allison Millet wrote:
Glaucon wrote:I am not sure if this is a great game or not, but I will probably get it (as soon as my brand new system comes back from the shop, since it got slammed around enough during transport to make the CPU cooler break off, apparently).

Is it an intel cpu? those use this cheap plastic push pin design...there notorious for breaking off.

Yep. Maybe that is what happened here. I'll live, even without my spiffing new machine for a few more weeks, though. :)
GothGirl Demonia
SL Name: GothGirl Demonia

Postby GothGirl Demonia » Fri May 18, 2012 8:12 pm

www.newegg.com
www.frozencpu.com

Two great places to find new Heatsinks/CPU Coolers.

Also Yes I am waiting for a Trial or key to try out D3, I currently am playing The Secret World so far it looks okay but unable to max graphics because my other card is out at the moment because lightning fried the cooler and motherboard but will be up soon :3.

I am kinda saving up to buy Guild Wars 2 collectors because currently I own every collectors edition of GuildWars, and hopefully if I find D3 good I can get a collectors of that too.
Thyri
SL Name: Thyri Carver
Caste: Scribe
Role: Free Woman

Postby Thyri » Mon May 21, 2012 9:58 am

I'm finally entering Nightmare mode (I'm just taking my time and not playing 8 hours of Diablo in a day) and so far I'm still not overwhelmed with the difficulty. I figure Hell and Inferno modes might offer more of a challenge.

The Diablo fight itself probably was the most interesting fight that had me thinking for about 5 minutes about the fight mechanics but I felt it was VERY typical Blizzard.

I'm also upset they used the Mother Shazzrah voice actor in the SAME FREAKIN VOICE in act 4. I kept wanting that chick to say "business or pleasure?"
Be very polite. -Flagg RIP 2009
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Postby Vylixan » Mon May 21, 2012 10:51 am

Play a Mage or DH and life is a lot easier then a Barb or Monk.

The mandatory being online , the lost of achievements due to server crashes again online are a mess.

The drop rate of items makes no sense. the random drop rate and random stat rate make items worthless. They might look into that.

I really hope they come with a patch that will allow offline and private lan games without the battle.net login crap.
Thyri
SL Name: Thyri Carver
Caste: Scribe
Role: Free Woman

Postby Thyri » Mon May 21, 2012 12:06 pm

Yah the itemization makes absolutely NO sense to me.

An item level 100 has worse stats than a level 40??? For the same item quality? No sense whatsoever on the itemization. And I agree with Vyl, individual mobs/bosses should probably drop level appropriate loot rather than dropping loot that you might have been able to use... ohhh 10 levels ago. At this point at least I can craft items that are close to being level appropriate (but still with the strange itemization... I can craft 2 identical items with random stats... one gives +40 int the next gives +10 int... nothing else... WTF????

Now for the things I like... skill/ability customization... LOVE. I love being able to really customize my "spec" almost on the fly. I see an AOE pack coming up... switch to an AOE. I see something with a lot of health that needs to go down fast... swap to my big nuke. I do like that.

Act 4 graphics did get better. But it was the last freakin act where I was like "cool" and again it was mostly the background not the foreground. I know Blizzard isnt known like other games for making "pretty" games but I really would have liked some prettiness other than in the backgrounds. (again act 4's background is freakin gorgeous, the foreground... ehh not so much)

There was a pretty heavy system requirement on the game as well for the quality of these graphics. I'm only thinking that the system requirements needed were more for the cooperative play and connecting to battlenet than it was to actually process the graphics.
Be very polite. -Flagg RIP 2009

Return to “General”