Role: Being totally stinky.

Diablo 3!!!

Postby Ceri the Urt » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:29 pm

Who gets to Beta Test Diablo III???

THIS GIRL!!!

WOOT!

It's SO AWESOME!

:5wave:
Don't raise your voice, Improve your Argument.
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Re: Diablo 3!!!

Postby Allison Millet » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:15 pm

I lost interest in this game when I heard you have to have a constant internet connection just to play the campaign....
Hockey Stick!
Ceri the Urt
Urtastic!
SL Name: Ceri Kesten
Role: Being totally stinky.

Postby Ceri the Urt » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:24 pm

Really? I play it single player. When I had the first two (before they did that stupid MMO one) I never had to be connected. I am not sure if they will do the same with this one if you play by yourself. This one looks like the first 2, and those are the ones I liked best. It's the only game I will actually play LOL.
Don't raise your voice, Improve your Argument.
Allison Millet

Postby Allison Millet » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:31 am

Yea I grew up playing 1 and 2 single player basically and I was looking forward to this one, but all I've been hearing about it is how, they're gona make you be connected to the internet with a constant connection to play the campaign so on and what not, that basically all your buying is a right to connect to there servers and what not to play the game, that you dont get to actually install the game on your machine....just what I've heard I dont have any hard evidence to it other then the various boards out there dedicated to D3
Hockey Stick!
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:34 am

Yeah pretty much the same here. Was excited about it a year or two ago - will probably buy it to rush through it with a couple of friends cause some hack & slay is always amusing. But I doubt it would entertain me for long - Diablo 2 did, but those were very different times in terms of what I expected from a game.

If I think about doing Diablo, Mephisto, Pindle, Baal runs by now - I'd rather strangle myself than indulge in that idiocy again.
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Postby Vylixan » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:28 am

I just get it with my Wow Subscription and I am sure that for rankings you need to be online, for i-net games as well, maybe even a lan game will requires the internet connection , though I am sure for single play in can be avoided.
Maligant
Tech Guy
SL Name: Maligant

Postby Maligant » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:41 am

Ceri the Urt wrote:Who gets to Beta Test Diablo III???

THIS GIRL!!!

WOOT!

It's SO AWESOME!

:5wave:

Must be nice to have "someone you know" let you use their beta account...
Too bad I never get a chance to play now. :roll:
"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever."
All Sunday
SL Name: wannabeslave
Home Stone: Kaelus

Postby All Sunday » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:30 pm

Lucky bish.

Yeah to me Diablo has always been a "kick and release" game and playing online ONLY makes me really turn the other way.

Loggin in to deal with 14 year olds again who test your nerves? No thanks I rather bitch with people my own age in SL.
Thyri
SL Name: Thyri Carver
Caste: Scribe
Role: Free Woman

Postby Thyri » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:55 pm

Oh I've been bouncing around like a giddy schoolgirl waiting for D3 to come out.
I think for the social functions of the game (its battlenet social system, rankings etc) thats why it requires a constant internet connection. I think also to allow the game to patch any bugs a constantly connected game is rather smart on their part so that they can roll out patch fixes quickly and have these patches be like a torrent rather than a single file hosted on their servers and come patch time the connection to their servers slows to a crawl.

But I totally cant wait. I LOVE Diablo!
Be very polite. -Flagg RIP 2009
Allison Millet

Postby Allison Millet » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:57 pm

Constant connection sucks for someone with air card or even worse..-shudders at the thought- dial up still
Hockey Stick!

Return to “General”