Great Update for Diablo!

Ceri the Urt
Urtastic!
SL Name: Ceri Kesten
Role: Being totally stinky.

Great Update for Diablo!

Postby Ceri the Urt » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:17 am

They are fixing Gems!

I am a jewel crafter and this is going to make life so much easier, and cheaper.
Don't raise your voice, Improve your Argument.
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Re: Great Update for Diablo!

Postby Vylixan » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:24 am

:thumbup: I approve this update. now only get rid mandatory onlineness. :P
iJudas

Postby iJudas » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:30 am

I still don't know if I am going to buy this game or not. I mean, I have a Battlenet account and I've loaded my balance up etc etc, I just can't make my mind up.........
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:30 am

iJudas wrote:I still don't know if I am going to buy this game or not. I mean, I have a Battlenet account and I've loaded my balance up etc etc, I just can't make my mind up.........

I think it's definately worth it. The game is fun to play wether you're a very casual player and would only feel like playing it less than an hour every now and then or wether you'd be a 'hardcore' gaming nerd and want to play it 10 hours a day.

I'm enjoying myself with it. The gameplay is good and the server issues have been resolved so far... so nothing to complain about from my end. I don't even play it all that often, I only just finished playing like 2 more hours after not having touched it for a week or so but I do know others who spend nearly all their spare-time on it.

The game gets really fun once it becomes difficult for me. My semi-immortal monk, (lots of armor, vitality, healing, immunity and all-round resistances) who didn't die once up until L51 ... actually dies quite a few times now in inferno... :lol:
iJudas

Postby iJudas » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:32 am

I'd be a complete newb. What do you recommend I start out as?
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:42 am

iJudas wrote:I'd be a complete newb. What do you recommend I start out as?

I'd say someone should play whatever interests them the most, the gameplay of all 5 classes is very different.

Barbarian if you really like to hack & slash and like to be in the middle of a pack of mobs while carving your way through them.

Monk if you enjoy healing, auras, and fancy kung-fu moves. This is my highest level character because I really enjoy balancing my characters, and a monk gets a lot passive bonuses to choose from that can help in making it a strong all-round offensive and defensive character.

Witch-doctor if you enjoy having lots of minions. (Haven't played this one much yet though).

Mage if you like pew pew magic. (Haven't played this one much yet either but felt similar to Demon Hunter)

Demon Hunter if you enjoy shooting stuff with projectiles, arrows, daggers, grenades. Has tons of defensive abilities too to help you kite and avoid being hit... caltrops, invisibility, snares etc. Very fun to play. I'm currently working on a Demon Hunter purely specialized in explosives.

They all play differently. With some classes, depending on build, you can just "brainlesly" charge into your enemies. (Barbarian/Monk) with others it's more strategic and you've to keep your enemies at a distance (Demon Hunter/Mage). But even Barbarians and Monks can be played tactically.
Thyri
SL Name: Thyri Carver
Caste: Scribe
Role: Free Woman

Postby Thyri » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:21 pm

Pewpew magic is FUN!

At the lower levels either you feel very very squishy or very very indestructable. You need to be more aware of your surroundings than perhaps a barbarian because you're going to need kiting room as the game progresses. At the higher levels... well you've seen the videos of the demon hunter. Same feeling. I have a friend who plays a demon hunter and sometimes we play together and its funny listening to us on skype going AAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Or... oh fuck its vampiric again??? Mother... awww crap it wont die. Its feeding off of my mirrors and my templar... AAAAHHHHH run away!
Be very polite. -Flagg RIP 2009
iJudas

Postby iJudas » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Ok, I'm in the process of downloading it. I think I'll go Monk first time around and see how I go.

If anyone wants to know my battletag ID (so you can help me out!!!) please send me a PM!

Return to “General”