Discover your Elder Scrolls.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Re: Elder Scrolls 6: MMO

Postby Leah » Tue May 06, 2014 3:13 pm

They really need to fix the guild bank stacking issues. I have to spend 20+ minutes a day sorting through all the crap in my main guild's bank, because nothing stacks when you deposit it. :pissed:
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Tue May 06, 2014 4:03 pm

Leah wrote:They really need to fix the guild bank stacking issues. I have to spend 20+ minutes a day sorting through all the crap in my main guild's bank, because nothing stacks when you deposit it. :pissed:

I guess that was the only fix for that exploit? Yeah all aspects of inventory management need work.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Theoden
SL Name: Theoden
Caste: Warrior

Postby Theoden » Tue May 06, 2014 4:33 pm

I don't get why everyone's so focused on becoming a veteran. Just enjoy the journey. I'm 200 hours in and only level 32. I explore and experience all of the content in a zone before moving on. All the shards, all the quests, all the exploration. I listen to all the voice-acting and I intersperse with hours long PVP sessions.

Just imagine the game is Skyrim. Do you rush in leveling your skyrim toon to the level cap and then complain there's not enough stuff to do once at the level cap? I'm pretty sure skyrim players enjoy the journey to the level cap, and not make a mad dash for it.

I view the endgame as just a safety net for me to have something to do when I eventually hit the level cap. If you make endgame your goal, then you will be annoyed at how hard it is to get there.

From what I hear, the veteran versions of questing is harder and requires you to team up with someone to kill stuff. That person you're teaming up with probably isn't going to wait long enough for you to enjoy the voice acting of quests and allow for exploration.

So, I'm going to level 3 characters from 1 to 50, one for Aldmeri, one for Ebonheart, and one for Daggerfall. After I've experienced all content at my own pace, I'll get to upgrading one of the toons to veteran level and speed-quest through it all with a questing buddy.

I'm sure veteran questing will be a lot faster if you've seen all the content and are just clicking through the dialogue options leveling with a buddy. I don't think it will be another 150 hours if you've already seen all the stuff and just click through them.

I guess I just don't understand the 'must be the most powerful and destroy end-game the fastest while it is current content' mentality of hardcore MMO players. Once they've beaten the hardest modes they get bored and switch MMOs. I mean, it's fine if you have a lot of time, but you really shouldn't expect to 'be the most powerful and destroy end game content while it's current' if you have a normal amount of free time.

The game just came out. How can you reasonably expect yourself to be the 'best of the best endgame ready' after just one month? It's been one month since launch and people are expecting they need to be Veteran 10 and ready to do endgame.

That's fine if you have 12+ hours a day to play this game. But if you're on a normal schedule and only play 4 to 5 hours a day, expecting to be endgame ready V10 after only one month since launch is really unrealistic. I mean, do you expect to be able to just join WoW and get from 1 to 90 in one month? I know some people can level alts to 90 in one month, but they usually have 12+ hours a day for the game. For 4 to 5 hours a day, expect 2.5 months at least.

In a nutshell: If you put in a normal amount of time into this game, don't expect to be end game ready V10 in only one month. Seriously it's only been one month.

It's a rather unreasonable demand.That's like demanding Blizzard to adjust their system numbers in WoW so you can be a heroic raider with only putting 4 to 5 hours into the game a day.

Zenimax has to do something to entertain the people who put 12+ hours into the game every day. Those people can enjoy end game content as it comes out.

If you only put in 4 to 5 hours a day, like me, I'm sorry but you're just gonna have to wait for endgame content and be satisfied. It's not that we won't see endgame content, it's just we won't see endgame content at the bleeding edge. But we'll see it eventually.

Also, you can just ignore the arrows. I do. I do quests by immersing myself and trying to work without the arrows, like hunting for a mammoth by looking for clues, but at the end of the day I'm glad there are arrows so in case I just can't find something, it's there for me.

The production value of this MMO and graphics supersede all that I have seen in WoW. I will still play WoW alongside ESO, and there is definitely more voice acting in WoW than before, but ESO has basically every single quest voice acted. It does wonders for immersion.

And finally there's an AAA production MMO where the lore and story environment isn't cheesy as hell or seemingly PG or PG 13 like in Guild Wars 2 or WoW. The lore of the elder scrolls is deep, dark, morally ambiguous and realistic. It's not high fantasy but fantasy grounded in gritty reality. It's like Lord of the Rings vs Game of Thrones.

Also, if you ever reach a slow point in your questing, you can always troll zone chat. That's pretty fun.

Things that need work in ESO are the bugs and inventory issues. But I'm sure they'll work out the bugs in time... game just launched after all, and sending a ticket/customer service is very prompt and competent, and really should be a model for all MMOs.
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Tue May 06, 2014 4:53 pm

Leah, try the Fatstacks addon for quickly sorting the bank.

@Frevet, I like the game itself, non-targeted, no cooldowns, minimal UI are all huge pluses. It's the long road of questing up to lv50, VR10, VR12 and beyond that knocked the game into perspective and how most of my time would be spent on it.

Quests are all dressed differently but they all come down to the same, in any game, of completing the task for an NPCs, then running back to collect your XP.

I did enough crafting, exploring and questing to buy the 43k horse at lv14! I don't play to rush to lv50, but once there, it's to PvP and run dungeons for the fun of it, without being thrown back into another dreadful grind.

Apparently ZOS are working on an instance for roleplaying. It'll help the scene and maybe form a community of something more, than just a collection of segregated guilds.
Leah

Postby Leah » Tue May 06, 2014 4:59 pm

Tantus wrote:Apparently ZOS are working on an instance for roleplaying. It'll help the scene and maybe form a community of something more, than just a collection of segregated guilds.

Do you have a link for this? I WOULD LOVE THIS!!!!

(I'll look into the addon, my concern is that there are a lot of lag issues that force taking things out and sorting them to be a real pain, because of delays.)

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Tue May 06, 2014 6:00 pm

It was from last week's Reddit AMA:

43. ElderSweetRoll – Phasing

Your team had initially promised surveys to allow more options for phasing. As a roleplayer, obviously I’m particularly interested in a Roleplay phase. Is this something you’re going to do, or are roleplayers out of luck? I sincerely hope you consider it, as the current state of affairs makes RP in this game harder and less accessible than any other MMO I’ve tried.

This was something we very much wanted to do. However, when we implemented the initial parts of it, it became obvious it would be detrimental to server performance. Like many things you really want to do as a developer, sometimes things don’t work out. That said, we are looking at other ways we can accomplish the same goal.
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Tue May 06, 2014 6:43 pm

What Theo said...except for EP. Not sure if I really want to continue with that story. But I created a Dark Elf to feel more immersive. Who knows maybe I will come to that story line later.

I would be all for splitting the RPers off in a different server farm all together.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Tue May 06, 2014 10:01 pm

That ESO is the best MMO out there for me is true but I can't feel any attachment to the stories. Maybe I am too used to playing offline games where things actually change based on what happened.

Maybe I am jut not into this kind of thing anymore and I need to feel more involved. I did find some interesting NPC's thankfully but I do feel like I am thrown around like a bag potatoes. The best quest so far for me was the haunting suicide voice... freaked me out and I am hoping to see more quests like that. :hiding:

I don't care much for leveling but would you believe I got kicked out of a guild cause I didn't want to PVP? Geee :shock:

Then again one thing I don't like about Skyrim is I feel so lonely when questing. At least in ESO I can sneak into a crowd and leech exp.
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
Leah

Postby Leah » Wed May 07, 2014 10:37 pm

I feel like you are questing in a faction other than Aldmeri Dominion. xD

Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Thu May 08, 2014 3:06 am

Am I the only one running into dungeons where there is a group of people standing idle just waiting for the boss to respawn. No doubt they are a source of quick XP but seriously... :facepalm:

I am actually part of Aldmeri dominion as Daggerfall was a too gloomy. My friend is right, the Ebonheart get all the sunshine.

I think I miss good laughs, I mean sometimes I follow the zone talk but usually they just do trading or bash one another.

The funniest part was the dungeon leechers that join your party only to loot chests and you can't kick em out.
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.

Return to “Skyrim”