Elder Scrolls 6: MMO

Discover your Elder Scrolls.
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Re: Elder Scrolls 6: MMO

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:35 am

Anarch Allegiere wrote:And inventory issues ;|

Yup that's my only major complaint with the game. Have you started using Wykkyd's mail bot add on. It's a total lifesaver when you are out roaming at can't get back to a bank. It allows you to create an email with attachments using the subject line "bounce" that will auto return to you as long as you and a friend have the program and you are both online.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Eternity
SL Name: Eternity Starsmith

Postby Eternity » Sun May 04, 2014 5:16 pm

I've been playing the long term beta for 5 months now, with 24/7 full access to the game. When we create a character on PTS, we receive a level veteran rank 9 character with $50,000 gold and fully decked out in top level gear so we can play in Craglorn, the new Adventure Zone, before it's released. We test everything out. It's been a privilege to be in the PTS group (Psijic Order).

I love ESO, despite its newness. It's the most gorgeous game and we are RPing in it already. It's hard to come back to SL Gor sometimes when you compare the two. Hopefully they'll be adding more content soon. I know they will be adding a justice system, assassin and thieves guilds/quests and even horse racing. Give the game a bit of time and there will be nothing out there like it, I hope.

I love Wykkyd's add ons, btw. I use them all.
Elle Couerblanc

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Mon May 05, 2014 12:01 pm

@Eternity. I am really enjoying the game. Now I could see taking a break eventually (like I did with SWTOR) and coming back within a few months when all the bugs are worked and the new content is added.

Really, really looking forward to the justice system and the Dark Brotherhood skill line.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Tue May 06, 2014 8:17 am

I've already come to terms with being an MMO tourist(it's a shameful fact the old gamer in me isn't proud of), usually I can take a character to lv40 before the repetition kicks in and I uninstall.

Now I wouldn't mind grinding quests to lv50, then turning fully to PvP. But in ESO, you quest your way to lv50... and it all begins again. Then you need to grind quests from Veteran Rank 1, up to VR10, which is about the same time as lv1-50 all over.

With my modest gaming time, it'll take me 2 months to lv50, 4 months to VR10. But it's not over. The bar will be raised to VR12 and the grinding resumes, from lv1-50.. all over.

If I made it to VR12 in 6 months, VR15 will be out by then and so on and on. The fact you'll need to be at the highest rank to access the newest PvE content is where the game lost its appeal.

The quest grind wouldn't be so bad if there was more combat and less running around. There's no point to reading the quest dialogue as the game forces you to follow the arrows around. One quest sends you to search for a suspicious cultist at the city gates. The actual quest marker leads you into a nearby house and down into the hidden basement. So how do you progress from searching the crowds(as the dialogue suggests), to snooping around houses and searching their basements.

The dialogue is redundant, the game forces you to ignore NPCs and just follow the arrows back and forth. I could endure it to lv50... it's when I see VR10, then VR12, then VR15 in the distance that I know I won't experience it to the end.
Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Tue May 06, 2014 12:41 pm

I agree on many aspects.

Considering how much money they spent on voice actors it's a waste they did not utilize a method to better immerse the player in quests.
There are so many ideas just in my head that could improve this and makes me wonder why they couldn't come up with better stuff.

Leveling up is not hard, when you start it takes some time to get adjusted but then even dedicating yourself to other things up to LVL 35 you can make 1 level a day easy without grinding.

I enjoy the game but I don't feel like what I did at level 3 changed much so yeah I would drop the game after this month and wait to see what they do with the thieves guild and brotherhood.

I started playing Skyrim again and I do remember what I enjoyed from it was the unexpected things that happened besides fighting and following quest randomly.
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
Elle Couerblanc

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Tue May 06, 2014 1:11 pm

Cassie wrote:I started playing Skyrim again and I do remember what I enjoyed from it was the unexpected things that happened besides fighting and following quest randomly.

I miss how the dragons would randomly appear! Plus at times the game actually scared me with the werewolves and vampires. I started making my character "sleep" at night LOL.

Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Tue May 06, 2014 1:18 pm

Elle Couerblanc wrote:
Cassie wrote:I started playing Skyrim again and I do remember what I enjoyed from it was the unexpected things that happened besides fighting and following quest randomly.

I miss how the dragons would randomly appear! Plus at times the game actually scared me with the werewolves and vampires. I started making my character "sleep" at night LOL.

Try sleeping in one of the random cabins, I was woken by a scary dude :shock:
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
Frevet

Postby Frevet » Tue May 06, 2014 2:47 pm

Couldn't disagree more to be honest. I am level 30 and I have YET to think of these quests to be repetitive. In fact, I LOVE these quests. They are better than the quests in any other MMO that I have encountered so far and I tried...a lot. I have not seen a single grinding quest (kill 20 birds, bring me their bones...ugh). The storyline is awesome and I can easily ignore those evil arrows. In fact I ignore the most of the time. Exploration is great.

I love how the crafting system works and the combat is really fun. Wish there was open PvP though and maybe a few more skills available, but if you work with switching sets, then you already have 12 (including ultimates).

I love the graphics, I love the unique turns a quest can take. I had several quests I had to solve differently than my boyfriend because I chose different dialogues. Hell, even the NPCs react to unique choices you have made during your gametime (I constantly get asked why I didn't kill that bastard...whatever his name is).

I love that doing a dungeon with only 3 people is actually a challenge, unlike in WoW where a healer + Hunter with Pet can clear most leveling dungeons (done it).

I sometimes just honestly wonder what people expect from an MMO? This one provides SO much that all the other MMOs I tried don't, yet people keep whining. If you want the quest quality of singleplayer games with a gazillion of choices (Oh btw, you get those evil arrows in Oblivion, too!) go play...a singleplayer game.

What this game is missing for me is the ability to inspect other players, compare skills/talents/stats etc. Other than that, I am having a blast.
Elle Couerblanc

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Tue May 06, 2014 3:04 pm

What Frevet said x2

My only true annoyance is the inventory system along with the other thing Frevet mentioned.

Why do you think I have stopped logging into SL? lol

Elle Couerblanc

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Tue May 06, 2014 3:11 pm

Adding to what I said though: In terms of story I have found the alliance you chose can effect your enjoyment immensely. I HATE the EP story line to the point where I just left my level 20ish templar sitting around. Now Aldmeri? Love the story.

Return to “Skyrim”