Elder Scrolls 6: MMO

Discover your Elder Scrolls.
Theoden
SL Name: Theoden
Caste: Warrior

Re: Elder Scrolls 6: MMO

Postby Theoden » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:58 am

My first death in ESO:

Instead of pressing E to go up the vortex from Coldharbor to Tamriel, I thought I could just jump into the vortex.

I jumped to my first death.
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:07 am

Glaucon wrote:While this may well (turn out to) be a great MMO, I just haven't managed to come up with a great desire to play it (as with all MMO's, these days). I wanted to feel enthusiasm for it, but... just didn't happen. So, I am skipping it for now.

It's a rehash of what's gone before and the PvE was killing me during the beta weekends.

Their 'Megaserver' is an interesting development for MMOs, the simplified interface, the loose class system and the huge PvP potential are holding my interest so far. But the bulk of PvE content was taken up by travel and inventory management, with actual combat coming in at a modest 3rd.

I imagine back in the 90s, some bedroom-coder thought it would be funny to kill a squirrel in his game and have it drop iron armour. He didn't realise his joke was about to set an industry standard for the RPG genre to continue for decades and beyond. Because no one has stepped back and thought, why the fuck are animals dropping these huge items. And maybe I'm looking too deep, but if I killed a massive beetle in RL, I wouldn't be staying to cut open its underbelly and discover what interesting loot lies within. Oh! it's a huge staff, twice the beetle's length. And because it's a slimy, magical staff, I'm going to wrench it out the insect's belly and store in my backpack? Fuck no.

This genre is unique, in that there's pressure on every release to be the 'WoW killer' and the 'Next Big MMO'. Those which failed to knock WoW from the pedestal are seen as catastrophic failures. We never saw this attitude with FPS when Counter Strike-beta was dominating. Everyone accepted there're different shooters for different people and now there're dozens of active communities. But MMO players are still waiting, and will keep on waiting for that Next Big MMO - which will never come - not until a change in technology.

It's not a revolutionary MMO, but I'll keep the subscription open for the PvP. Between bouts of Banished!
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:50 pm

Theoden wrote:My first death in ESO:

Instead of pressing E to go up the vortex from Coldharbor to Tamriel, I thought I could just jump into the vortex.

heh. I promise to try not to laugh too much at your mistakes. :D
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Drevan
SL Name: Drevan Darkbyrd
Caste: Caste of Scribes
Role: Head of Caste
Home Stone: Vonda
AkA: Drevan

Postby Drevan » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:06 pm

If anyone wants to add me its @Drevan-Darkbyrd
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:15 pm

Drevan wrote:If anyone wants to add me its @Drevan-Darkbyrd

I collect friends.

*adds*
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:19 pm

I will add people once I find out HOW to add people and maybe get my entrance. :?
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:28 am

Feel free to friend me @ElizabethInAustin.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
HaulsRopesFaster
SL Name: Nikolai Krutschek
Caste: Sailors
Role: Quartermaster
Home Stone: Jungles of Schendi
AkA: Hauls Ropes Faster

Postby HaulsRopesFaster » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:40 am

Theoden wrote:My first death in ESO:

Molag Bal is most pleased
"They call me 'Hauls Ropes Faster', because the Non-Schendi struggle to say my name"

On indefinite shore leave in Lydius at the moment.
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:16 pm

We got a small guild on EU Daggerfall for Goreans if anyone else still wants to join, just drop me a line on @Anarch12911
Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:57 pm

For anyone wanting to play both EU and NA server without going through downloading the client again (still need additional giga)

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/play-on ... ng-client/
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.

Return to “Skyrim”