Elder Scrolls 6: MMO

Discover your Elder Scrolls.
Glaucon

Re: Elder Scrolls 6: MMO

Postby Glaucon » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:35 pm

Theoden wrote:what shit graphics

will not play

:popcorn:

They've got a troll-race in there. You sure?
Garian
SL Name: Garian Vidor

Postby Garian » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:43 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHj5VvFWbtE

Check out this map of Tamriel. What do you think about the locations and bits of lore provided? What faction or race would you choose?

Bretons, Redguards, and Orcs come from Daggerfall Covenant. High Elves, Wood Elves, and Khajiit from Aldmiri Dominion. Nords, Dark Elves, and Argonians from Ebonheart Pact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDHa-77cy3I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFhB6bSZLRw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxJTsq2XeKY

Siege warfare, over 100 players on screen, and someone can actually become the Emperor. I'm curious how far the roleplaying can go with this.

Beta is still going. PM me if you are in.
GariansGoreanGuide.tumblr.com

"In the heart of every male, there is a Gorean, even if only a secret, concealed Gorean."
Rebels of Gor
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:13 am

Lots of controversy over the 'leaked' premium bonuses, with access to the Imperial race for the Imperial Edition box!

It all began yesterday with a leak from Amazon, then Amazon France leaked the Exploration Pack. And now the pre-order is available from the ESO Store, but not officially announced yet. Presently set at £50 for Digital Standard, and £70 for Digital Imperial Edition.

I'm holding off until we have more details for the Exploration Pack, which apparently gives you access to every race in any faction.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:28 am

I saw a bit of footage and heard some comments about this MMO. In spite of what I said above (a while ago) I must say that I am somewhat tempted by what I saw.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:40 am

Glaucon wrote:I saw a bit of footage and heard some comments about this MMO. In spite of what I said above (a while ago) I must say that I am somewhat tempted by what I saw.

You shouldn't be.

I can't explain where I got this information, but to be blunt, the controls are absolute shit and the leveling is a nightmare. 16 hours of play nets a level 7 character, with quests few and far between and often being given to you when you're 2-3 levels behind where you have to be to complete said quests (i.e. you get to the end and get one-shot by the mobs). The healing is brainless, mindless, boring as all hell. There's no skill involved beyond pressing a button. You can't control where your healing goes (i.e. who it hits). The computer does that for you. To do any kind of chatting or respond to anything in chat, you have to basically put your character on pause and go into the menus screen, because you can't easily respond in chat.

The graphics are pretty. The races are pretty. The world is pretty. The controls are terrible. I have no idea how they're going to do an endgame in ESO, because there isn't the level of control I think you'd need to support one.

Also: The PvP is absolutely Lolercopter.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:03 pm

Leah wrote:I can't explain where I got this information.

Meaning: You took part in the last beta. But aren't allowed to talk about it, legally. Which you aren't, of course. You got all your information from 'around the web'. ;)

But that doesn't sound promising. The leveling issues they can fix. The control issues are probably part of the design, and less easy to fix.

There's no skill involved beyond pressing a button. You can't control where your healing goes (i.e. who it hits). The computer does that for you.

That doesn't sound good at all. One of the fun things about Bethesda single-player games is that you have full control, that it isn't like how most MMO's work (selecting targets with tab, auto aiming, etc.). I thought that this one was suppose to be a happy mean. But this sounds like an unhappy fudge, instead.

I was attracted to the more single-player-like elements, myself. I am not really interested in another WoW clone. But if the end-product is both a flawed single-player game and a flawed WoW clone, no one is going to be too happy with it.

Such a shame that there is so much money (apparently) in MMO's. They could be creating a great single-player game instead (that is something they know how to do).
Leah

Postby Leah » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:17 pm

Glaucon wrote:Bethesda single-player games

I don't know whether you are aware of this or not, but this is not a Bethseda game. They aren't involved at all. It's a company called Zenimax, which is made up primarily of people who worked on Dark Age of Camelot. Additionally, I happen to know that the technical support/customer service department is primarily made up of former CS agents from...SWTOR. lol. The only reason I know this is that one of my friends works tech support for EA and the call center for ESO is down the street from his center.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:26 pm

Well, not completely true. Zenimax is technically the mother-company of Bethesda, they own Bethesda. It's true though that Bethesda isn't officially involved in the development, although I've a hard time believing that considering the UI and graphics engine all seem to be taken directly from Skyrim, so technically the backbone of the game is made by Bethesda.

I've not been able to try it yet, but I'd be happy to get to play any MMO that isn't the old piece of trash that is WoW, where the gameplay has become too theme parky for me for an MMO.

The main MMO I'm looking out for right now is EverQuest:Next.

Oh, and back on the subject. Bethesda has let people know they're currently working mainly on Fallout4.
Last edited by Anarch Allegiere on Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leah

Postby Leah » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:28 pm

Anarch Allegiere wrote:Well, not completely true. Zenimax is technically the mother-company of Bethesda, they own Bethesda. It's true though that Bethesda isn't involved in the development, although I've a hard time believing that considering the UI and graphics engine all seem to be taken directly from Skyrim.

I've not been able to try it yet, but I'd be happy to get to play any MMO that isn't the old piece of trash that is WoW, where the gameplay has become too theme parky for me for an MMO.

The main MMO I'm looking out for right now is EverQuest:Next.

The dev team is Dark Age of Camelot people. The controls aren't like Skyrim from what I saw. I mean they're similar, but the ones in ESO seem much closer to the controls in Neverwinter Online (actually, they're damn near identical except for the hotbar).

I haven't seen enough about EQNext to be interested. What I saw was really early alpha stuff, and I didn't like the animation/character models, so.

Frevet

Postby Frevet » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:58 pm

Played the Beta and am looking forward to it. To anyone who calls it brainless: Show me an MMO that ISN'T brainless. WOW is a joke nowadays.

Return to “Skyrim”