Caste: Warrior

Re: Elder Scrolls 6: MMO

Postby Theoden » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:10 am

Don't die then :P
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:00 am

The full amount pre-authorization isn't something new. I've known several MMOs that used to do it before. I'm not in their financial department so I don't know the reasons as to why they preferred one over the other. It doesn't really concern me, I don't mind having to pay $15 in advance to get 60 days of game time (30 paid + 30 free). I've a really hard time imagining people living with less than $15 on their bankaccounts... how do they eat? :P

The Veteran Rank leveling once you hit L50 takes forever though, and some of the content gets pretty rough too. Literally had to gather a full group yesterday night to try and clear a certain public dungeon.
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:19 am

Cassie wrote:The worst thing about the game so far is having to repair items when you die each time which is fucking expensive.

Don't bother. Swap out damaged items with anything you loot, you shouldn't need a properly kitted character until later in the game. Keep any light/med/heavy pieces on to raise their skills.
Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:39 am

Theoden wrote:Don't die then :P

:fryingpan:

The loot on my side is pretty rare on terms of equipment. I had to build my own daggers cause I could not afford any anyways.

I hope they add the darn stealing thing soon :facepalm:
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:14 pm

Introducing some of the soon to be released new endgame PvE content.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwZsIUn_g6o
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:00 pm

Anarch Allegiere wrote:The full amount pre-authorization isn't something new. I've known several MMOs that used to do it before. I'm not in their financial department so I don't know the reasons as to why they preferred one over the other. It doesn't really concern me, I don't mind having to pay $15 in advance to get 60 days of game time (30 paid + 30 free). I've a really hard time imagining people living with less than $15 on their bankaccounts... how do they eat? :P

The Veteran Rank leveling once you hit L50 takes forever though, and some of the content gets pretty rough too. Literally had to gather a full group yesterday night to try and clear a certain public dungeon.

It's not standard practice for a company to require you to put a credit card in for the free time you get from buying the game. But when they DO preauthorize your credit card for a subscription you've set up, I've never seen a single MMO take more than $1.

Not WoW. Not Rift. Not SWTOR. Not FFXIV.

A lot of people weren't expecting this, and to be frank, I think it's the biggest case of "shot yourself in the foot, you idiot" I've ever seen an MMO company pull in the first week.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:28 pm

Leah wrote:A lot of people weren't expecting this, and to be frank, I think it's the biggest case of "shot yourself in the foot, you idiot" I've ever seen an MMO company pull in the first week.

I haven't really seen many people making an issue out of it, tbh. I had the money charged back to me in less than a few hours.
Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:27 am

Anarch Allegiere wrote:
Leah wrote:A lot of people weren't expecting this, and to be frank, I think it's the biggest case of "shot yourself in the foot, you idiot" I've ever seen an MMO company pull in the first week.

I haven't really seen many people making an issue out of it, tbh. I had the money charged back to me in less than a few hours.

Well enough did to make it the most asked questioned so I would agree. I did see the charge and while I don't plan to stop playing in May I might in June since I have other games coming out and I'd like to rest my MMO a while. :roll:
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:19 pm

Anarch Allegiere wrote:

My charge is still pending. And, I had a second charge applied to my account this morning by Zenimax. lol
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:44 am

I should be VR10 shortly after the servers come back online.

And inventory issues ;|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcx6UbMCtfI

Return to “Skyrim”