Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Anyone else excited?

Discover your Elder Scrolls.
Frevet

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Anyone else excited?

Postby Frevet » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:16 am

I am/was so excited about a couple of games this year (The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Dragon Age 2 etc.) but I am focusing more and more on Skyrim. The graphics are -awesome-, most magazines are drooling all over it. Like in the former Elder Scrolls, the story and landscaping is gonna be non-linear and will offer a wide variety of approaches, many annoying little things that Oblivion suffered from are now wiped out, such as the enemy NPCs which were increasing their levels with yours (which lead to rats being dangerous even at level 15 or something). The gameplay offers much more variety now, too.

And the trailer sounds...exciting as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArbzAnHGpks&feature=relmfu
Garian
SL Name: Garian Vidor

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Anyone else excited?

Postby Garian » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:12 pm

Yes, I can't wait. I've played Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Oblivion. The Elder Scrolls games keep getting better.
GariansGoreanGuide.tumblr.com

"In the heart of every male, there is a Gorean, even if only a secret, concealed Gorean."
Rebels of Gor
Sie Alcott
SL Name: Sie Alcott
Caste: Red
Role: Former High Commander
Home Stone: Port Kar

Postby Sie Alcott » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:09 pm

I been on this since it's announcement. Come november it's game on! Best game ever bar none is the Elder Scrolls series!
The Ubar of Sexy

Grant me the serenity to ignore the trolls,
the courage to debate with honest opponents,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

www.PortKarOnline.com
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Postby Vylixan » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:22 pm

I am looking forward to it.
SlaverSlav
SL Name: .

Postby SlaverSlav » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:57 pm

I need this game to be good, after the epic disappointment of Dragon Age 2.
Sabriel

Postby Sabriel » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:39 pm

Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:57 pm

SlaverSlav wrote:I need this game to be good, after the epic disappointment of Dragon Age 2.

Say that again!

I have high hopes for this one. Morrowind was kind of epic, back then. Oblivion was lovely to look at, even if it had glaring weaknesses as well (combat so easy in vanilla, a bit of a lack of interactions/missions and compelling story, compared to other games, VERY little by way of commic relief). They have the experience of fallout, now a game with a different tone of voice, a bit more humor (though nothing like the original 2 fallout games). So... I am hoping this will mean that they have that much more experience in figuring out how to make a game entertaining and keep the story interesting while coupling that with the creation of a great free-to-roam world, which they already showed us they can do well. This game could be epic.
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:18 am

Did anyone else see the Skyrim Exposition at the Quake Con the past week with Todd Howard playing 40 minutes into the game?

It looks RIDICULOUSLY fun. I am totally giving it a shot as soon as it's released. Probably my second most anticipated game after Deus Ex: Human Revolution. <3
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Username
SL Name: Username Resident

Postby Username » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:23 am

It looks fun, but Todd Howard at QuakeCon was a waste of time. Everything he showed we'd seen before, and that crowd was annoying. Sounded like a bunch of drunk wankers at a footie match, and when he walked over to that woman NPC and some dude in the front row yelled "RAPE!", I just thought... Oh hello misogynist gamer stereotype!

And Victor... DX:HR? I knew there was a reason I liked you. I've been playing the, uh, demo, and finally the original DX will have a worthy successor. I don't play games that much anymore, but I am going to play DX:HR until my fingertips are sore. I'd RP that setting, screw Game of Thrones! :P
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:39 am

Targy wrote:It looks fun, but Todd Howard at QuakeCon was a waste of time. Everything he showed we'd seen before, and that crowd was annoying. Sounded like a bunch of drunk wankers at a footie match, and when he walked over to that woman NPC and some dude in the front row yelled "RAPE!", I just thought... Oh hello misogynist gamer stereotype!

And Victor... DX:HR? I knew there was a reason I liked you. I've been playing the, uh, demo, and finally the original DX will have a worthy successor. I don't play games that much anymore, but I am going to play DX:HR until my fingertips are sore. I'd RP that setting, screw Game of Thrones! :P

I haven't seen much of it yet, but then I didn't actively look for it either. Just loved how it looks so far. And yeah, it's how the guy explained in one of his interviews - they try to code in all sorts of absurd stuff like when you kill your father in the beginning of a fall out title - they'd code it in because 4 out 5 of their players would try it, made me laugh.

I absolutely loved the "skill tree" when you look up into the stars and phew, it just looks flashy and great.

Little Off-Topic:

About Deus Ex; just posted into the game trailers thread to keep it neatly together but holy shit does it look phenomenal. And I am a step ahead of you, playing in Insilico (If you haven't seen it yet, check it out - it's probably the most sophisticated build in SL.) and District X currently - which both are futuristic RP environments à la DX or Blade Runner and any of those rather iconic themes. It's fun, I hope I won't tire of it quickly, but I personally only can suffer it for so long before I want to go back to Gor or another theme ;)

And I haven't played anything but SL & WoW for the last years and still I am hyped about those 2 games which are single-player mode, which I haven't bothered with since...I dunno when. So yeah that shows how much I anticipate them ;)
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer

Return to “Skyrim”