So Patch 5.2 is supposedly dropping on Tuesday and my mind is blown by this. I've been doing heroic mode testing all week with two guilds and I'm having a hard time believing that they can actually consider the next tier of content "ready" due to all the bugs in the encounters. Some of the more amusing ones:
- The blood pools on Primordius (purple pools, which are bad but most be soaked, and red pools, which gives you buffs) are hilariously bugged. Sometimes they let you pick up the buffs, sometimes not. The purple pools that are supposed to be soaked? They don't work at all except to give you debuffs over and over again.
- Drumus, a giant eyeball, periodically drops ice walls that must be DPS'd through to get to the "safe paths" that will take you to the next ice wall. You need to kill all the ice walls as quickly as possible before the eye beam he shoots out reaches your group and kills you all. Well, the ice walls have line of sight issues that make them impossible to hit unless you're shoved up next to them, and even then some of the walls just aren't able to be interacted with. While all this is going on, there is purple/black crap bleeding out over the floor that will kill you if you step on it. Well, originally the purple crap was too dim to see, so apparently someone at Blizzard had the "bright idea" to turn it into this black and purple tentacle wavy shit that rises up over the ground and makes it impossible to see anything - including the "safe path" you're supposed to take to the next ice wall. Gnomes are so short that they are LOSing their healers during the encounter (something is wrong with the way the floor is constructed). The eye beam that Drumus shoots out? Yeah, he isn't actually rotating it around the room - it just sits in one place perpetually. Many of the beams/effects in the encounter are purple or blue in a dark room with a black floor. Because no one would ever have trouble seeing that. Pets on this encounter either do one attack, and then despawn (by moonwalking backwards to the edge of the platform) or simply run around the platform the entire encounter, never actually attacking. Apparently the ice walls can also be attacked under the floor at the center where Drumus is, allowing them to be cleaved...under the floor (which is not intended, as far as we can tell).
- Dark Animus is bugged to all hell, with the tiny adds periodically hitting their targets for 500-600k without any reason (they don't have the buff to damage). Crimson Wake, which pursues players across the room and is supposed to be kited, suddenly speeds up after 6 seconds to a speed faster than a player can run - even with Sprint. Most of the damage effects in the encounter are the exact same color as the walls, ceiling, and floor - I'm not even kidding. It's a dark red on a dark red. I can't see a damn thing in the fight.
- Half of the ground effects on the Council fight are the same color as the ground - slate grey - making them ridiculously difficult to see.
- The radius of the ice and fire effects in the Megeara encounter are bigger than they visually appear to be, and often the ice effect is nearly impossible to see (it's very dim at points).
- The feathers on the Ji-Kun encounter were still behaving inconsistently during the re-test that was done Friday night. Some of the time they work, some of the time they don't.
Every one of my guildies has been complaining of graphics lag, and we continually had DCs and connection issues. Multiple guildies got stuck inside the instance as ghosts unable to release, or if they were able to release and run back, they were in a separate instance from the rest of the raid and were unable to get out - and by unable I mean they could not walk out, hearth, teleport/portal out, be summoned by a summoning stone, be ported out by a GM, die and release, etc.
Not to mention all the class bugs that haven't been addressed...
Nah, this patch will be fine. lol.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.
If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you
trying to do that?
My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499