For the Horde!!!!......or Alliance.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Re: World of Warcraft

Postby Leah » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:40 am

So Patch 5.2 is supposedly dropping on Tuesday and my mind is blown by this. I've been doing heroic mode testing all week with two guilds and I'm having a hard time believing that they can actually consider the next tier of content "ready" due to all the bugs in the encounters. Some of the more amusing ones:

- The blood pools on Primordius (purple pools, which are bad but most be soaked, and red pools, which gives you buffs) are hilariously bugged. Sometimes they let you pick up the buffs, sometimes not. The purple pools that are supposed to be soaked? They don't work at all except to give you debuffs over and over again.

- Drumus, a giant eyeball, periodically drops ice walls that must be DPS'd through to get to the "safe paths" that will take you to the next ice wall. You need to kill all the ice walls as quickly as possible before the eye beam he shoots out reaches your group and kills you all. Well, the ice walls have line of sight issues that make them impossible to hit unless you're shoved up next to them, and even then some of the walls just aren't able to be interacted with. While all this is going on, there is purple/black crap bleeding out over the floor that will kill you if you step on it. Well, originally the purple crap was too dim to see, so apparently someone at Blizzard had the "bright idea" to turn it into this black and purple tentacle wavy shit that rises up over the ground and makes it impossible to see anything - including the "safe path" you're supposed to take to the next ice wall. Gnomes are so short that they are LOSing their healers during the encounter (something is wrong with the way the floor is constructed). The eye beam that Drumus shoots out? Yeah, he isn't actually rotating it around the room - it just sits in one place perpetually. Many of the beams/effects in the encounter are purple or blue in a dark room with a black floor. Because no one would ever have trouble seeing that. Pets on this encounter either do one attack, and then despawn (by moonwalking backwards to the edge of the platform) or simply run around the platform the entire encounter, never actually attacking. Apparently the ice walls can also be attacked under the floor at the center where Drumus is, allowing them to be cleaved...under the floor (which is not intended, as far as we can tell).

- Dark Animus is bugged to all hell, with the tiny adds periodically hitting their targets for 500-600k without any reason (they don't have the buff to damage). Crimson Wake, which pursues players across the room and is supposed to be kited, suddenly speeds up after 6 seconds to a speed faster than a player can run - even with Sprint. Most of the damage effects in the encounter are the exact same color as the walls, ceiling, and floor - I'm not even kidding. It's a dark red on a dark red. I can't see a damn thing in the fight.

- Half of the ground effects on the Council fight are the same color as the ground - slate grey - making them ridiculously difficult to see.

- The radius of the ice and fire effects in the Megeara encounter are bigger than they visually appear to be, and often the ice effect is nearly impossible to see (it's very dim at points).

- The feathers on the Ji-Kun encounter were still behaving inconsistently during the re-test that was done Friday night. Some of the time they work, some of the time they don't.

Every one of my guildies has been complaining of graphics lag, and we continually had DCs and connection issues. Multiple guildies got stuck inside the instance as ghosts unable to release, or if they were able to release and run back, they were in a separate instance from the rest of the raid and were unable to get out - and by unable I mean they could not walk out, hearth, teleport/portal out, be summoned by a summoning stone, be ported out by a GM, die and release, etc.

Not to mention all the class bugs that haven't been addressed...

Nah, this patch will be fine. lol.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499

Postby ... » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:44 am

The graphics issues are always present on PTR, and the bugs on raid bosses will never be seen by anyone except those who go in when it's still bleeding edge. And for those guys the bugs add a little extra fun and challenge to what is usually a very boring week of one-shotting bosses. Still got fond memories of killing a bugged Ignis on Ulduar release day :)
Leah

Postby Leah » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:32 pm

Oor wrote:The graphics issues are always present on PTR, and the bugs on raid bosses will never be seen by anyone except those who go in when it's still bleeding edge. And for those guys the bugs add a little extra fun and challenge to what is usually a very boring week of one-shotting bosses. Still got fond memories of killing a bugged Ignis on Ulduar release day :)

Well, as it happens I will be seeing those bugs next week and I'm not looking forward to it. xD Those bugs are all on heroic encounters, not the normal ones.

I admit watching the hunter pets moonwalk back to the edge of the platform and despawn was amusing as hell.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

Postby ... » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:22 am

Leah wrote:Well, as it happens I will be seeing those bugs next week and I'm not looking forward to it.

There's no "complete on normals" gating this time?

I'm leveling my hunter at the moment when i get chance. Moonwalk sounds like it needs to be a minor glyph tbh :P
Leah

Postby Leah » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:26 am

Oor wrote:
Leah wrote:Well, as it happens I will be seeing those bugs next week and I'm not looking forward to it.

I'm leveling my hunter at the moment when i get chance. Moonwalk sounds like it needs to be a minor glyph tbh :P

There is. But the guild I'm currently in is a hardcore progression 25 man. We will be in heroics next week.

They'll probably fix the pet bugs soon enough. xD Otherwise the QQ will blot out the sun. I think only Ret Pallies are more adept at QQ than Hunters!

Postby ... » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:38 am

Leah wrote:
Oor wrote:

There is. But the guild I'm currently in is a hardcore progression 25 man. We will be in heroics next week.

They'll probably fix the pet bugs soon enough. xD Otherwise the QQ will blot out the sun. I think only Ret Pallies are more adept at QQ than Hunters!

Ooh ok. Did you switch servers/guilds?

And yeah, we changed over to 25 man recently again. And then became the most progressed 25 man guild on our realm within a week because it's a gash realm. We used to be hardcore when we were hitting very good world ranks back in WOTLK. Then we all got dumb responsibilities, relationships and jobs. Now we're 'casualcore' 9 hours a week raiders, getting our kicks from personal WoL rankings. :D

/oldpeople
Leah

Postby Leah » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:59 pm

Oor wrote:Ooh ok. Did you switch servers/guilds?

Yeah, though it wasn't easy. I had an old friend hound me relentlessly until I applied to her guild. I, in all honesty, didn't expect them to give me the time of day, given my current progression. Apparently they saw something they liked because they accepted my app and I server changed and faction changed.

When I say there's a progression gap, well...I am currently 5/16 H. This guild got the US 23rd H Sha of Fear kill. :shock:

It's somewhat intimidating. Okay, maybe more than "somewhat." :?

And yeah, we changed over to 25 man recently again. And then became the most progressed 25 man guild on our realm within a week because it's a gash realm. We used to be hardcore when we were hitting very good world ranks back in WOTLK. Then we all got dumb responsibilities, relationships and jobs. Now we're 'casualcore' 9 hours a week raiders, getting our kicks from personal WoL rankings. :D

/oldpeople

Yeah, I'm going to be raiding 4-5 nights a week, 5 hours a night. Which is a lot, but...I really wanted to try pushing myself. It's difficult to push yourself to improve when no one in your current guild can touch you. I need someone to compete with - and I found it in the other Priest app. *rubs hands together*

I've noticed a lot of guilds are merging or trying to do 25 mans. I think that's due, at least in part, to the fact that they did tune the 10 mans really tightly and guilds that went 10 man because they thought it would be easier found that it wasn't nearly as easy as they had believed. To me, 25 mans are way more fun, though.

Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:09 pm

@Leah You left Xamirus and I??? *cries*
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Leah

Postby Leah » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:49 am

Elle Couerblanc wrote:@Leah You left Xamirus and I??? *cries*

If by "leave" you mean have 6 alts on the same server with you, then yes! :-P I'm still there, I just moved my main.

Postby ... » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 am

It is a long time to spend raiding, but then it's less time than many people spend in SL or sitting in front of a TV, passively having shit spewed into their brains. I don't watch TV beyond a few on-demand things that equate maybe 2 hours a week, so raiding 25h was fine for me.

And don't be nervous. When I first started in the guild I'm in now 5 years ago, back when we were 'hardcore', I was a blue PvP geared priest and I was literally shaking all the way through my first raid. And now I've been officer/GM for like 3/4 years. Just remember that they're all nerds playing a video game, just like everyone else :P

Good luck with your trial and stuff!

Return to “World of Warcraft”