World of Warcraft

For the Horde!!!!......or Alliance.
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Re: World of Warcraft

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:01 pm

Glaucon wrote:
Lollol337! :teehee:

Hmmm, I have gotten that question when I was still playing Glaucon, on SL. And my avi didn't even look that awesome (as per Gorums consensus). :o.O: It's only girls that talk a lot? :problem:

The usual times I get asked in SL if I'm a woman IRL is when something bad happened to one of my characters in RP, or something bad is happening and I don't throw an OOC nerdrage hissyfit over it. ...
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:36 pm

Oor wrote:hahaha that last bit cracked me up. I had this fanboi on our server for maybe the first month or so of MoP. He'd always whisper me and ask what I was doing, or if I wanted to do instances, or say he'd armoried me and my gear was awesome. Then one day he just goes:

"HEY R U A GIRL IN REAL LIFE CUZ UR CHARACTER IS A GIRL AND I WAS JUST WONDERING?"

Me: Yup.

Him: "K COOL"

And that was the last I ever heard of him. :D

I'm enjoying the game. Settled down to 3 nights a week raiding now. The dailies grind was annoying as hell. We cleared terrace yesterday so we're back on heroics now. Got Gara'jal last night and hoping for a few more before the week is out.

Transmogging is my new obsession. Rogue in a dress:

Oh, I loooooove your Pandaren! She is so cute!

Are you guys working on HoF yet? We did our first pulls on Garalon last night, and I'm staring at the logs going, "I think our Rogue is bad. I think our Rogue is bad. I think your Mage may be lacking a brain. Hmm. Hmm. YOU WANT ME TO TWO HEAL THIS FIGHT? I'M PULLING 75-80K HPS 3 HEALING IT."

Sooooo...yeah!

I'm very obsessed with Transmog. Here is proof. THese are pictures taken at level 85 during Cata. I assure you, my bank and bags have only gotten fuller!

This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499

Postby ... » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:58 pm

Yeah we've cleared all the available normals now. Hence back to working on heroics.

For Garalon your rogue should be combat for cleaving off the legs, and standing in the inner side of the blue circles. Positioning is a bit awkward, and Blizz hotfixed the bug that was causing superenormous damage, but it's still the best way to go. And the healing will get a LOT easier and more predictable as people start learning to avoid the pink circle, pheromones, frontal, and call out when they're causing crushes. Not a very fun fight though tbh. My second-to-least favourite, beaten only by the stupidity that is amber shaper.

And your bags are mental. I don't even use that void storage thing!
Leah

Postby Leah » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:00 pm

Oor wrote:Yeah we've cleared all the available normals now. Hence back to working on heroics.

For Garalon your rogue should be combat for cleaving off the legs, and standing in the inner side of the blue circles. Positioning is a bit awkward, and Blizz hotfixed the bug that was causing superenormous damage, but it's still the best way to go. And the healing will get a LOT easier and more predictable as people start learning to avoid the pink circle, pheromones, frontal, and call out when they're causing crushes. Not a very fun fight though tbh. My second-to-least favourite, beaten only by the stupidity that is amber shaper.

And your bags are mental. I don't even use that void storage thing!

We've had like, 2 crushes from people hitting the purple circle. It's all issues with pheremone trading.

And yes, I think he's bad. Blade Flurry was like, his 4th or 5th most damage. He's combat, but he's not exploiting it at all.

I, however, am terrified of 2 healing it. I'm already pulling 30k HPS above the other two healers.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

Postby ... » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:45 pm

Just think of it like an opportunity for more numbers. That's how we DPS roll, baby. lol.
Leah

Postby Leah » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:41 pm

Oor wrote:Just think of it like an opportunity for more numbers. That's how we DPS roll, baby. lol.

*panicked noises*

If I have to do 30K more, that's like...100k+ HPS. LOL. I'm already pulling between 75-80k an attempt.

Oh, here is my contribution to Pandaren Cute:

My wee Mistweaver. She's my alt. :)

Postby ... » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:59 pm

Hah. Nice mog!

You should level that and raid with it, then you'll be all like "100k HPS? MUAHAHA! I LAUGH IN THE FACE OF 100K HPS!"
Leah

Postby Leah » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:02 am

Oor wrote:Hah. Nice mog!

You should level that and raid with it, then you'll be all like "100k HPS? MUAHAHA! I LAUGH IN THE FACE OF 100K HPS!"

I do 10 mans, and I'm currently running Disc/Holy. Disc is shaping up to be extremely powerful in Hard Modes.

I'd like to try Monk (she's actually 90, so I could) but I haven't quite gotten to the point that I "get" the class, if that makes sense? I can do obscene healing, for her gear level, but I feel like I'm sort of being carried by this storm of OPness and I often end up going, "Well...how exactly did I accomplish that? o_O"

With my Priest, Tiriel, I know exactly how to make her shine.

Postby ... » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:12 am

Yep. It's the difference between playing a class you've played for years... and gone through every patch tweak with... and playing something completely new. I was the same with my rogue for MoP, having played a priest since mid-TBC. But ya get used to it! And luckily I have that couple of weeks in the pre-xpack patch to let me cheese meters in MSV lol.

Our monk healer keeps pulling insane world rankings on new encounters. He's been #1 or 2 a few times. But then he's the sort of dude that always rerolls the latest hero class and excels at it. Like when he was a stupidly OP DK at WOTLK release. I've heard from people that monk healing is very different to other healing, and can feel very 'passive'. And ultimately, it's a class that cheeses raid healing but is generally not very good at tank healing. So yeah, priest would win out for versatility. And of course... PRIEST SHOULD BE THE ULTIMATE HEALING CLASS ANYWAY, FFS!
Leah

Postby Leah » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:42 am

It's sloppy. It's very, VERY sloppy. I often feel out of control, like things are happening but I can't really choose where/when. It's strange.

Thankfully, I have a very strong Monk player helping me learn the ins and out. Tonight's lesson? When to use Thunder Focus Tea. :mrgreen:

Return to “World of Warcraft”