For the Horde!!!!......or Alliance.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Re: World of Warcraft

Postby Leah » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:06 pm

DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS ABOUT THE KLAXXI REPUTATION GRIND!

Malik the Unscathed says, "Heroes never die, Tiriel."

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Malik the Unscathed is a certified badass. Reputed to have never been hit in battle, he was so unparalleled in combat that he was preserved in amber as a Paragon by the Klaxxi, frozen in time to be called forth should things go wrong in the swarm. To come rescue the Mantid from themselves should their empress ever fall to corruption.

You first meet him when the forces of Empress Shek'zeer, who has fallen to corruption by the Sha of Fear, are attempting to corrupt him while he is still trapped in his amber shell. You break him out, free him, and return with him to the Klaxxi home base, a great Kypari tree called Klaxxi'vess. It is he who reveals to you that the swarming of the Mantid is not just a cultural imperative - they don't mature from mindless swarmlings into individuals without going through the process.

As a healer, it was Malik's Klaxxi Enhancement, Blade Turning, that I most made use of. His quote for it?

"The trick, Wakener, is to be like water. Do not resist your enemy's force - simply flow with it. Let his blows drift past you. Then IMPALE HIM."

Today I hit Exalted with the Klaxxi, and received the quest, "The Empress' Gambit." Before we left for the Heart of Fear, Malik turned to me and said, "Heroes never die, Tiriel."

We stood together in front of the Heart of Fear and faced the Imperial Vizier, Zor'lok. But though Malik had never once - in all his long, near-endless life - been hit in battle, this was a foe he could not defeat. Zor'lok tore him apart in front of my eyes. My friend, the strange bug creature who helped protect me from all the things that tried to eat me on the way through the Dread Wastes, was gone.

:(

Malik, why did I start liking you so much? Why did I get so attached to you, mister strange bug creature?

From now on, when I kill Imperial Vizier Zor'lok - as I will every week for the rest of this damn tier - I am spitting on his corpse. That's right, Zor'lok! I'ma farm you like a loot pinata! We'll see who thinks they can get away with killing Malik!

...I really have no idea why the quest affected me so. But it was very sad. :-\
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499

Postby ... » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:12 pm

At least you have a ring, though! lol.

The quest line was cool. And you completed just in time to replace your klaxxi dailies with krasarang dailies. Yay! Dailies!

We're at 5 heroics down now. Hoping to get the realm first achievement for clearing MSV heroics this week. Yeah, our server is THAT bad.
Leah

Postby Leah » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:57 pm

So, I saw a character in Trade Chat yesterday advertising for a guild. Character's name was "Kajira" with a lot of symbols.

Me being me, I whispered them and said, "Kajira, eh? Interesting name. What language is it in?"

And they said, "Gorean. It translates to "Slave Girl" or "Submissive Girl.""

I didn't have the guts to ask more. lol

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

Postby ... » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:46 pm

Hah. Yeah I saw one of those on my server a few years ago. Hypocritically, I avoided them :P

How's the raiding going, Leah? We got MV cleared on heroic yesterday. And got the realm first server spam, because as I'm sure I've mentioned, our server is shite. We raid 9 hours a week. And we're first. Yeah. :P Going for our second heroic in HoF this week I think, hoping to clear it in early Jan.

Done any Brawler's Guild yet?
Theoden
SL Name: Theoden
Caste: Warrior

Postby Theoden » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:50 pm

Oor wrote:Hah. Yeah I saw one of those on my server a few years ago. Hypocritically, I avoided them :P

How's the raiding going, Leah? We got MV cleared on heroic yesterday. And got the realm first server spam, because as I'm sure I've mentioned, our server is shite. We raid 9 hours a week. And we're first. Yeah. :P Going for our second heroic in HoF this week I think, hoping to clear it in early Jan.

You think your server is bad, look at mine:

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/malyg ... d_progress

The one good guild we have actually transfered to this server only a few months ago.

I bought the brawlers invite on the black market, too lazy to farm rares. Set me back 6k g
Theoden
SL Name: Theoden
Caste: Warrior

Postby Theoden » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:51 pm

Oh and the kajira thing. I saw someone named kajira on our server as well. She wore nothing but a tabard.

Postby ... » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:47 pm

omg - on that note HAVE YOU SEEN THE FEMALE PANDAREN UNDERWEAR!!! That's silks right out of SL!

Leah

Postby Leah » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:52 am

Oor wrote:Hah. Yeah I saw one of those on my server a few years ago. Hypocritically, I avoided them :P

We are just reaching Grand Empress on normal. We've decided not to do heroic modes in MSV until we clear everything on normal.

We're actually trying to find a Hunter, DK, or Warlock, because we just lost our Hunter (one of our top DPS) to Real Life. :-\

Oor wrote:omg - on that note HAVE YOU SEEN THE FEMALE PANDAREN UNDERWEAR!!! That's silks right out of SL!

Originally it was just a thong and top. They added the skirt flaps for...well, I'm guessing modesty? LOL. Because, omg furries.

Here's the progression for my server:

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/moon-guard

And here is my new Transmog!

Leah

Postby Leah » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:28 am

This is what happens on Wednesday night at midnight on my server:

"Hey guise, it's Midnight! TIME TO HAVE A RAVE AT THE SHRINE OF THE TWO MOONS!"

Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:54 am

Meh, I know why I don't go back to the game.

I'd rather run around looking bad ass:

<3
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer

Return to “World of Warcraft”