Aseptimus
SL Name: Dmitri Ruby
Caste: Builder
Role: Tinker
Home Stone: The Source
Owner: Time

Re: WoW Help

Postby Aseptimus » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:54 pm

Downed heroic halfus 25 last night. Was a very smooth attempt, finished with everyone alive. Getting these fights down isn't about mana (although mana is important, managing the fight is more important). It's about management and control. You have to set the fight to go the way you want it to, not meet the fight on its terms.

We ran last night with 3 holy paladins, 1 shaman, 2 disc priests, 1 druid. Our usual composition is 2 holy paladins, 1 holy priest, 2 druids, 2 shamans. Unfortunately we are losing one of our shaman to new-daddy issues. Since we just got a couple of new holy paladin trials through we've passed one as a probationary and he subbed in for the kill.

Getting it requires competence, not perfection, but competence across the raid. The fights are fun, challenging, unforgiving, and make it worth every minute.
Respect Your Privacy. Turn off Facebook: https://ssl.facebook.com/help/contact.p ... te_account
“Art is vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it.”
- Edgar Degas
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:09 am

The fight is all about Smiters imho :hrm:
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Aseptimus

Postby Aseptimus » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:48 am

Victor. wrote:The fight is all about Smiters imho :hrm:

It helps, but it's not be all or end all. It's better to have your range spread a bit and only have the heals going onto tanks and melee, for example, and you still want heavy non-smite healing on your tanks. The hard part is not healing everything it's dealing with the roars so that tanks don't die if ads are still up.
Respect Your Privacy. Turn off Facebook: https://ssl.facebook.com/help/contact.p ... te_account
- Edgar Degas
Victor.

Postby Victor. » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:15 am

I have yet to hear of a single kill without a smiter, so ya I'd pretty much say it's the be all end all of that hardmode. ;)

Did Chimaeron 10 m HM yesterday. Odd for me because I actually tank in my DK frost damage spec. The taunt rotation is the easier part, but it seems ridiculously taxing on the healers and you need a bit more than your fair share of luck to actually down him. But once the stars aligned in one straight line we actually got him - Maloriak next, doesn't look too hard, but then, they never do in those vids where you don't see the 9999 wipes beforehand that looked disastrous ;)
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Aseptimus

Postby Aseptimus » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:30 am

Victor. wrote:I have yet to hear of a single kill without a smiter, so ya I'd pretty much say it's the be all end all of that hardmode. ;)

Did Chimaeron 10 m HM yesterday. Odd for me because I actually tank in my DK frost damage spec. The taunt rotation is the easier part, but it seems ridiculously taxing on the healers and you need a bit more than your fair share of luck to actually down him. But once the stars aligned in one straight line we actually got him - Maloriak next, doesn't look too hard, but then, they never do in those vids where you don't see the 9999 wipes beforehand that looked disastrous ;)

post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Most guilds will still using smiting/atonement since... well.. it works? why make things harder than they need to be? The smite healers pull quite a bit of healing, yes, but not out of reach of having a different composition.
- Edgar Degas
Victor.

Postby Victor. » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:51 am

It works? :shock:

If other healers pull off 5k heals on a stacked target and (even after the 'hotfix') smiters pull off their 40k non-crit heals on them regardless. I'd say it's pretty damn crucial to HAVE a smiter with you.

I'm simply not thrilled to see most guilds around me merge to 25 man raids because hardmodes just are so much easier if you don't depend on a optimal roster and can do away with a couple of fails. Makes me wonder why they put such great emphasis on homogenisation for the add-on if they now pretty much screw it again.

Just as conclave is barely doable and/or so much harder without a rogue - halfus is not quite the same encounter with smite abuses. And I still don't get why it doesn't get hotfixed so it actually is effected by MS effects too.. :clueless:

Now if guild reputation wouldn't be such a bitch...
Aseptimus

Postby Aseptimus » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:13 pm

Victor. wrote:It works? :shock:

If other healers pull off 5k heals on a stacked target and (even after the 'hotfix') smiters pull off their 40k non-crit heals on them regardless. I'd say it's pretty damn crucial to HAVE a smiter with you.

I'm simply not thrilled to see most guilds around me merge to 25 man raids because hardmodes just are so much easier if you don't depend on a optimal roster and can do away with a couple of fails. Makes me wonder why they put such great emphasis on homogenisation for the add-on if they now pretty much screw it again.

Just as conclave is barely doable and/or so much harder without a rogue - halfus is not quite the same encounter with smite abuses. And I still don't get why it doesn't get hotfixed so it actually is effected by MS effects too.. :clueless:

Now if guild reputation wouldn't be such a bitch...

Why is Conclave barely doable without a rogue?

We use hand of protection to clear the stacks when they get too high. It removes the debuff. Our shaman healer pulls as much healing as one of our smiters, the three of them top the meters. The advantage of the smite healers isn't how much healing they are doing, it's that they are doing reasonable DPS at the same time.

We also hand of protection/bubble combo on roar to ensure two healers are always clear to keep the tanks up.
- Edgar Degas
Aseptimus

Postby Aseptimus » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:31 pm

Heroic Chimeraon 25 down last night :D
- Edgar Degas
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:48 pm

This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Mehrunes Unsworth
SL Name: Mehrunes Unsworth

Postby Mehrunes Unsworth » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:09 pm

I took one of those free transfers to a lower pop server because the queue times on kiljaeden were ridiculous. The best guild I can get into is 9/12 on regular mode and you guys are all doing heroics already, shit.

I rerolled a warrior

Return to “World of Warcraft”