For the Horde!!!!......or Alliance.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Re: WoW Help

Postby Leah » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:10 am

Harley wrote:rogue, hunter, DK, mage & priest all 85 and geared.

Worgans' really aren't that brilliant. I was disappointed.

What's really disappointing about the Worgen is that you have to play as an Undead to finish out their starting storyline. It's retarded.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Postby Vylixan » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:22 am

Still did not do any new instances, only quests and dailies and leveling professions. I just found out that as lvl 85 I can not use the random dungeon finder for some normal Cat instances. That sucks. next to that .. I only want to do dungeons runs with friends / guildies .. not with strangers..

Mining sucks , there are to many people wanting the ore that its very hard to get and leveling BS is very expensive. The new area's look very good . I did the vashjir - uldum - twilight highlands and now I need to do deepholm and hijal . I still have to see the new PVP area .. but overal well stats suck, gear sucks, and the new Tier gear for pallies suck even more, I find it plain ugly.

So I love the enw areas and the quests that are created, but the rest I do not like that much.
Crack and Thump
SL Name: 1

Postby Crack and Thump » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:39 am

Lia wrote:What's really disappointing about the Worgen is that you have to play as an Undead to finish out their starting storyline. It's retarded.

Really? I have been trying to play any chance that I get. I may have missed this part or have not gotten there, maybe. I have a level 17 and it is not too bad but most of you have been playing longer than I have. I am still in the amazed at anything new that I learn or see.

I will say that the goblin is more interesting than the worgen. Even the beginning storyline.

Man, I miss playing WoW. It sure helped with my frustration.
Leah

Postby Leah » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:36 pm

Ms. Arrogant wrote:
Lia wrote:What's really disappointing about the Worgen is that you have to play as an Undead to finish out their starting storyline. It's retarded.

Really? I have been trying to play any chance that I get. I may have missed this part or have not gotten there, maybe. I have a level 17 and it is not too bad but most of you have been playing longer than I have. I am still in the amazed at anything new that I learn or see.

I will say that the goblin is more interesting than the worgen. Even the beginning storyline.

Man, I miss playing WoW. It sure helped with my frustration.

You can't see the full fruition of the Worgen Storyline without playing through Silverpine as an Undead is what I'm getting at. :)

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

Mehrunes Unsworth
SL Name: Mehrunes Unsworth

Postby Mehrunes Unsworth » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:53 am

I'm back into wow now, I finally got my new belf warrior up to lvl 85. After playing the warlock for so long I'm finding the whole melee and tanking experience to be almost a completely different game. I made the warlock into my gathering bitch. I loved the new questing areas, I did all of them in vash'jr, uldum, and twilight highlands to far. I had just gotten enough gear to start doing heroics, when I left home for the holidays, so I have to wait a week before I try them. I'm a little behind everyone because I rerolled from level 1 when 4.0 hit, while everyone else started from 80 it seems.

Now I'm working on getting my faction reps up for all the stuff I need to get, the next thing to do is start with the deepholm thing for the shoulder enchants.

When I tank I find myself breaking the CC on accident a lot, in wotlk it seemed that the aoe tanking abilities didn't break CC, that seems to have changed, also, sheep doesnt appear to remove dots anymore, so warriors have this ability to spread their bleed effect to everthing, which ruins CC for the most part. I guess I need to pull everything back while the others CC things and then start my aoe shit in a seperate area. I'm having fun tanking though, instant queues, people actually listening to my instructions, people seeking me out and valuing my help rather than just being another superfluous dps among thousands, it is really nice so far.
Aseptimus
SL Name: Dmitri Ruby
Caste: Builder
Role: Tinker
Home Stone: The Source
Owner: Time

Postby Aseptimus » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:41 am

We're 11/12 25 man normal now - Cho'gall went down for the second time last night, 3 shot. Working on Nefarian which is a much harder fight.

Frustrated with the lack of holy pally compatible drops but I did get Jar of Ancient Remedies.
Respect Your Privacy. Turn off Facebook: https://ssl.facebook.com/help/contact.p ... te_account
“Art is vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it.”
- Edgar Degas
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:01 am

Aseptimus wrote:We're 11/12 25 man normal now - Cho'gall went down for the second time last night, 3 shot. Working on Nefarian which is a much harder fight.

Frustrated with the lack of holy pally compatible drops but I did get Jar of Ancient Remedies.

I hope you ain't suffering epilepsy then because that trinket is sure to trigger it. Lost count how many times I had a laugh-fit when I saw our group's druid going treeform and power-gesturing like a Tae Bo instructer on crack! :lol:

And congrats. We're 12/12 right now 10 man and I dare say, you probably will have a lot easier time with Nef in 25 man than we did in 10. Just seems more convenient to not depend on 100% of the people, with more kickers, yet the same amount of blast waves. More druids to add to the 'Tranquility'-Magic and probably an easier time keeping the Add-Tank up in P3.

Good luck though! And man does it suck that the Dark Phoenix requires EXALTED reputation with your own guild. By the time we have it, every dick and jane has it too and bested Nef in the weeks till then. Too bad. :banghead:
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Aseptimus
SL Name: Dmitri Ruby
Caste: Builder
Role: Tinker
Home Stone: The Source
Owner: Time

Postby Aseptimus » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:34 pm

12/12 moving onto heroics.

It's not so bad an effect for pallies, since a lot of our casting is instant and stacked close together we just look like we have our arms in the air all the time and can cast Arcane Intellect.

Also, it doesn't proc on Holy Radiance more than once, and that's the only non-glyphed hot we have.
Respect Your Privacy. Turn off Facebook: https://ssl.facebook.com/help/contact.p ... te_account
“Art is vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it.”
- Edgar Degas
Shjade
SL Name: Shjade Rajal
Caste: Entertainer (Singer/Poet)
Role: Inspiration
Home Stone: Shangrila

Postby Shjade » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:42 am

Thyri wrote:When the only difficulty is that boss smish tank hard, boss has large health pool so fight lasts long and tries the mana of the healers.... this is not difficulty, this is.... you ran out of creativity or you ran out of interest because you're busy making D3 or SC2. As a DPS class I'm feeling completely bored and unchallenged. Even healing on my shaman I'm feeling the difficulty because they've changed the way we heal so much but... not feeling the love as a DPSer.

I have to wonder what class you're playing. As a rogue, DPS on the new heroic dungeon bosses is...let's say "dynamic." There are maybe three bosses where I can stand and wail without worrying about anything getting in my way: the first boss of VP (until they fix his cyclone circle mechanic so that everyone has to dance out as intended), the last boss of BRC (aside from his two shadow-hops), and...hm...I know there was another one in my head when I started, but it's eluding me now...oh, Corla, also in BRC, depending on where she gets tanked and who has to cover the beams. Everything else involves running around, trying to keep my energy up and maintain S&D while swapping around on new targets or just getting out of whatever anti-melee mechanic is involved - I swear this round of instances is as melee-unfriendly as I've ever seen - in addition to just not dying and trying to contribute as much damage as possible since, well, that's all a rogue really has to offer.

Cata's bosses have kept me on my toes. That's more than I can say for most LK encounters by comparison. Most of BC's either, to be honest - the trash in those heroics was the real killer more often than the bosses. Speaking of trash, it's nice to have people remember I have that sap button on my bars and ask me to use it again. When the tank isn't just Heroic Leaping onto whatever I sap, that is. -.-

I still doubt I'll be playing in a month or two because I'm already scraping endgame and, well, endgame is what bores me - I dislike the Arena, battlegrounds AND raiding, so there's not much else to keep me in the game at 85 - but heroic boredom isn't a problem. Not for me, anyway.

Holy hell do I hate this random cross-server pug crap though. The attitudes people have are just so shitty. It's depressing. :| On the upside, learning things "blind" was indeed very fun. I got to 85 without setting foot in instances and only ran a few normals before I started hitting heroics (wanted the challenge!), so I spent my first heroic run through each instance doing meh dps in favor of just not dying and learning the encounters by watching how things worked. I ended up getting killed now and then anyway (lol skullcrusher), but it was fun! Now I've got most of them roughly well-set in my head so I can focus on upping my dps and climbed from my preliminary 7k up to ~11-15k depending on the boss, not counting Altairus' silly wind boost. Dunno if I could be doing much better in my gear, but since I'm usually top dps at the end by a good margin I have to think I'm doing alright, and that's fine by me.

All in all I'd say it's been a good expansion, particularly the revamps in the old world areas. I came back to check out how they rebuilt the place and, for the most part, I've not been disappointed. It's just not good enough to make me want to stay. ;p
Conversation is more useful than conversion.
Leah

Postby Leah » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:36 am

I'm really not happy with the state of Shamans at the moment. For that reason (along with severe issues with my guild atm), I've taken a step back and have been leveling my Druid...which isn't in much better of a state, but is still better off than a Shaman atm.

I'm seriously considering going with my Priest, though, or even my Paladin, as both classes are far and away MUCH better right now.

*sigh* :thumbdown:

Return to “World of Warcraft”