Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Re: WoW Help

Postby Leah » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:28 am

Aseptimus wrote:
Lia wrote:I fucking hate Heroic Deadmines. :pissed:

I never want to go back again. :banghead:

That is all. :$%&#!:

Are you kidding?? That instance rocks! It's the most fun, interesting, and challenging instance in the game.

Yes, from a Holy Pally's perspective, I'm sure it does. :pft:
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Crack and Thump
SL Name: 1

Postby Crack and Thump » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:10 pm

I am like a kid in a candy shop and I need to settle down.

I created a Worgen Warlock this morning just to see what it was like . . . I was almost late to work. That and my mom.

I love the accents of the NPC's when you first start out. I hear the the morph into the Worgen is pretty cool so I am excited to get there.

The one that that I have learned is that your toons on the same server can support each other with professions. So I have three on Scarlet that can send stuff to each other to grow in skills faster and save what I would have given to the AH.

I have also made a promise to myself to not listen to the babble of others in randoms and run them. I have met a few people that were power lvled to 80s and they know less than I do when it comes to dungeons and such. They run all the darn time.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel

Postby Leah » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:36 pm

I posted this in response to a snarky thread from some DPS today:

Dear DPS/Tank:

All I've ever wanted to do is heal you. Really, from the time I was level 20 on my first character - a Priest - I knew that what I wanted most in the world was to heal you. I healed you through Burning Crusade. I healed you through Wrath. I forced myself to get over the frustration of watching you die repeatedly to Lich King because you wouldn't wait for the main tank to get Aggro after 4.0, or you died to the shamblers because the Hunters were slow on the Tranq Shot - frustration because I felt guilty for not being able to save you, even though I knew objectively that it wasn't possible.

Now my mana is bad, and my gear is shit, and my Haste is gone, and I feel completely helpless. And you're not helping me. I ask for help, over and over - please CC, please slow down, I need to drink, I'm OOM - and what I get in return is bitched out, cussed out, and called names. I get told I'm bad because you stood in the fire. I get asked "Where were the healz?!" when I had no mana to spend on you because I was so busy just trying to keep up with the massive damage. I get told to shut the fuck up, learn to play. And all I'm trying to do is keep my head above water and you alive.

Because I really would give just about anything to keep you alive, even if you do stand in fire, and cuss me out, and treat me like shit. I want to do well, I want to succeed. But I can't do it alone, and many of you don't seem to understand that. You don't seem to understand what it's like to watch that bar go down, knowing there is nothing you can do to stop it because you have nothing left to give. You don't seem to understand that I take every one of your deaths personally, and part of me will always see it as my fault - even if, objectively, I know it's not.

I dread heroics. I dread pugs. I dread even guild runs, because I'm just not strong enough to carry any of you through it, and few of you seem inclined to actually help me out. The ones who do are greatly appreciated by me, because it's nice to know that at least one person has my back. But so many of you think I'm stupid when I ask for CC, when I have to drink after every pull, when I go OOM because my heals don't hit fast or hard enough, and cost too much mana.

So I do my part, and I spend my precious mana on your Heroism, on the CC that I can provide, on the interrupts you don't seem inclined to do. I do it because I want to succeed. I do it because I care about you living or dying. I do it because I want you to know that I have your back. But I'm getting really tired. And I'm getting really discouraged. And I'm wondering if it's even worth struggling at this point. I'm tired of being verbally abused. I'm tired of being treated like shit. I'm tired of feeling like a failure and I don't know how to fix it.

You are the only ones who can change this situation. I know there are a lot of uppity tanks and healers out there, but you need to remember that there are a lot of healers just like me - who love our DPS and tanks, even if they're just pugs, and don't want to see anyone die. Please remember that when we're asking you to CC, we're begging you for help because we can't do this by ourselves. We need your help, we can't succeed unless we work together.

The next time you see a healer getting upset in an instance, maybe stop and think for a moment that it may just be that the last three dungeons they were in, they were verbally abused, called names, and possibly even vote kicked because of DPS and tanks who just couldn't be bothered to help them out. Maybe that's why they're short, irritable, and cranky. Maybe they just need to know that someone out there actually considers them a human being and is willing to work with them for once.

Just a thought.

Love,
Reta

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

Aseptimus
SL Name: Dmitri Ruby
Caste: Builder
Role: Tinker
Home Stone: The Source
Owner: Time

Postby Aseptimus » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:36 pm

Honestly, my approach is to simply say "CC or I'm gone. I don't care what you're used to. One major heal costs 10% of my mana, and 10% goes into 100% ten times. If you make me use that major heal 10 times, I'm going to be OOM and you will all die painful ugly slow deaths. This instance takes approximately an hour or two to run. I'll soak the debuff rather than waste that time on bad tanks and dps that aren't going to try. Welcome to Cata."

(I have it macroed for straight pugs)

And I do, I will leave a run mid boss or halfway through an instance. You can't save people from themselves, and you can't heal stupidity.

When I'm with 3 or 4 guildies, I'll be a bit more lenient, and generally we just CC anyway and use sheep pulls and such until the tank gets the idea. We get a lot of pugs that don't want to break up and are almost crying since they found a good group that actually went all the way to the last boss, one shotting most stuff along the way.

If the tank pulls when I'm low on mana, i work to keep everyone alive till the mob is almost dead then deliberately oom so the tank dies but the dps survive. It's mean, but it's the only way they are going to learn to always watch the healer.

Gear makes a huge difference to sustainability. I'm in mostly pre-raid BIS with a couple of epics now. Still have green bracers but fully buffed in a pug, I run with about 88k mana. I have the heroic corrupted eggshell trinket, and the heroic blood trinket that procs spirit, the pre-raid BiS weapon and heartsong on it. I can still OOM but generally I'm at a place where I can afford a couple of those big heals without blowing my mana pool.
Respect Your Privacy. Turn off Facebook: https://ssl.facebook.com/help/contact.p ... te_account
“Art is vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it.”
- Edgar Degas
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Postby Vylixan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:12 am

I did not tanked a signle instance afte Cat came out. I am busy with questing and getting gear so that I can stand some hits. next to that I see even trash as bosses. Healer, ranged, melee. healer , ranged, melee .. use interupts , slowdowns, sheeps, ice chains . what ever .. as instance are not anymore , run in grab turn wack away ..

I usae my holy power for my word of glory . why ? If I can help the healer heal by healing myself when possible ( word of glory is an instand) then the healer can save mana for heavier things . ( btw what s CC, i guess I know what it does , but what does it mean ? )
Thyri
SL Name: Thyri Carver
Caste: Scribe
Role: Free Woman

Postby Thyri » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:33 am

CC is crowd control... use of sheep, sap, cyclone, hex, and HoJ in a real pinch. Fears can also be considered CC but I hate using them in instances because its so unpredictable where the mob will run (though I think SPs have a talent that will make the mob cower in place rather than running around like a chicken with no head).

The use of crowd control was very popular in "vanilla". When I set foot into my first instance in Cata I started looking for what mobs to control. What mob was not going to be DPSed fast enough before it tore through the entire party. I stood right up there next to a tank (sometimes inching ahead of them) and watching as they pulled to sheep along with their pull. Its natural for me to do this because its what I'm used to doing as a mage back from classic as well as from my tanking days in classic, watching the casting of the mage so that I'd pull a split second before their sheep landed and the mage had all of the aggro from 5 mobs. Now that I know tanks dont have that kind of experience, I adjust to them, holding my sheep until a split second after they pull. Marking my own sheep target. Only sheep pulling with a tank who I KNOW can pick up all of the other mobs.

Oh and Lia.

Dear Healer.

Thank you for watching my butt. I realize that as DPS your choice to heal me vs healing the tank is an optional one. I commit to making your job as easy as possible. If I see a mob coming to smash your face, I'll freeze it for a moment or even take the threat myself to save your precious hide. I also commit to making cake for you at the beginning of every instance because it costs me about 10s in reagents to make you that cake. It can cost you several gold to buy a similar amount of water. If I see you drinking, I will wait back with you and drink with you. Not just to keep you company but to provide another body for the tank to notice is missing from the next pull. I will never scream "where's the heals" when I die to my own stupidity. I will not stand in fire, crumbling ground, or in a shadow on the ground that signifies that something's about to smash my head. If I notice a boss is about to cast an AOE ability, I will stand back at my max range to save you from having to heal my squishy butt.

I realize I am not your first choice for person to heal, but I thank you for your HoT's and happy little ground circles and lightwells. I will make use of these circles and lightwells rather than yelling at you to heal me. If I see my life is at critical, I will use my defensive abilities because I know I am not your first choice for person to heal.

I also commit to using my interrupt abilities as often as possible to prevent partywide damage.

As a DPS I recognize your heals and time are valuable and I thank you for your mana.

Sincerely,
That DPS standing at the back of the group rather than in the fire.
Be very polite. -Flagg RIP 2009
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel

Postby Leah » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:46 am

I think what bothers me the most is losing people to damage I know I can heal them through, Thyri, but not without tanking my mana bar and thus losing the tank. That is probably what I hate the most about this expac so far.

So far, I've only been able to complete heroics with my guild groups. I tried pugging two heroics last night and the first group was on Ripsnarl in Deadmines - how I hate that fight - I tried eating the dungeon CD but I guess I was the only healer in the queue. We tried...four times...but we didn't have the DPS to down him and I finally said I was sorry but I couldn't keep wasting my time there. The second group I got was in Tol'Vir. It took us three tries but we got the first boss down - the second time we only died because the tank accidentally took four bombs at once (it was a one-shot). The third time it was me, the mage, and the tank at the end.

But when we got to the crocodile boss, we just didn't have the DPS to deal with the adds, and I didn't have the mana to keep people up who were being focused by them. I really hate heroics at the moment.

Thyri

Postby Thyri » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:28 am

Well I think part of that is DPSers knowing what they can take, as well as tanks not zooming in anymore without established CC. They have cooldowns to use as well. Tanking is back to its roots I'm seeing. Most tanks are still stacking stam like in LK. Telling a DK tank to look at his avoidance is like asking them to do long division. Bear tanks thinking their only mitigation is their high armor and health pools.

After I wrote that thanks, I got bitched OUT by a healer for not sheeping. Problem was. I was sheeping. The tank kept charging into my target. Its a freakin cute bunnyrabbit! Why on EARTH would you charge in on that. So the same tank held the group hostage by porting out of the instance and sitting in stormwind waiting to get kicked so they could get their instant queue again. The healer then begged to get kicked so they could get their fast queue as well. Then they asked why I was frost. I said... the numbers are speaking for themselves that I'm top on DPS, but if the tank can handle holding threat from me as fire, I'd be more than happy to switch over otherwise, STFU and freakin heal when I jump down in Halls rather than questioning my spec. I'll go back arcane when I'm ready. Otherwise, worry about your own class and enjoy the freakin free mana I'm providing you. I finally ate the deserter debuff. There were two people who'd never done the instance, I'd be more than happy to explain the instance to you if the tank didnt start running off. GAH. I want me normal instance farming team because pugs at the moment SUCK ASS.
Harley
SL Name: Harlequin Fhang
Role: something happy

Postby Harley » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:53 am

rogue, hunter, DK, mage & priest all 85 and geared.

Worgans' really aren't that brilliant. I was disappointed.

I love the games and all the things you do. I love the games and all the crying too.
Thyri

Postby Thyri » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:05 am

I have to agree that I was disappointed by worgen.

Actually I'm disappointed by the entire expansion. I'm giving blizzard 2 months to impress me with dungeon difficulty other than reskinned bosses with higher health pools and higher damage. Give me something novel. Something new. Something to think about. Because as things stand, I'm bored. I love the attention they put into the quests and the new zones and the increased use of phasing (not loving the 500 cutscenes..... but I deal) but dungeons and raids are SORELY lacking IMO.

When the only difficulty is that boss smish tank hard, boss has large health pool so fight lasts long and tries the mana of the healers.... this is not difficulty, this is.... you ran out of creativity or you ran out of interest because you're busy making D3 or SC2. As a DPS class I'm feeling completely bored and unchallenged. Even healing on my shaman I'm feeling the difficulty because they've changed the way we heal so much but... not feeling the love as a DPSer.

2 months and I'm not renewing my subscription. I'll wait until they release the next wave of dungeons.

Return to “World of Warcraft”