Role Play In SWTOR

For all you Star Wars Junkies. May the Force Be With You.
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Role Play In SWTOR

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:40 pm

Has anyone actually participated in or witnessed RP in SWTOR? I am active on two servers: One with Ice and our Bounty Hunters that is a EU RP server, the other is North American RP PVP. I have seen talk about groups forming for RP in the NA server but have yet to see it.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Melchior Wardell
SL Name: Melchior Wardell
Caste: Undertaker
Home Stone: None
AkA: Melchior Wardell

Re: Role Play In SWTOR

Postby Melchior Wardell » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:55 pm

Elle Couerblanc wrote:Has anyone actually participated in or witnessed RP in SWTOR? I am active on two servers: One with Ice and our Bounty Hunters that is a EU RP server, the other is North American RP PVP. I have seen talk about groups forming for RP in the NA server but have yet to see it.

Yes I did and still do with my vanguard. I am playing on The Prognitor server and in a guild that truly appriciates roleplay. The guild has an amazing background story in which certain devisions have their own story.

When we meet once in the 2 weeks we have a blast in roleplay. We also meet up with members and find ourselves in cantinas of a certain planet and give pointers to the strippers there ;)
Elle Couerblanc

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:08 pm

Crow wrote:
Elle Couerblanc wrote:Has anyone actually participated in or witnessed RP in SWTOR? I am active on two servers: One with Ice and our Bounty Hunters that is a EU RP server, the other is North American RP PVP. I have seen talk about groups forming for RP in the NA server but have yet to see it.

Yes I did and still do with my vanguard. I am playing on The Prognitor server and in a guild that truly appriciates roleplay. The guild has an amazing background story in which certain devisions have their own story.

When we meet once in the 2 weeks we have a blast in roleplay. We also meet up with members and find ourselves in cantinas of a certain planet and give pointers to the strippers there ;)

That's where Ice and I are. Is this the Gorean Forums guild that was proposed?
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Crack and Thump
SL Name: 1

Postby Crack and Thump » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:16 pm

I am on the same server as Elle but I have not participated in rp.
Melchior Wardell
SL Name: Melchior Wardell
Caste: Undertaker
Home Stone: None
AkA: Melchior Wardell

Postby Melchior Wardell » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:48 pm

Elle Couerblanc wrote:That's where Ice and I are. Is this the Gorean Forums guild that was proposed?

No it isn't since I had no idea that it was on that server. I have to say that beyond that guild I haven't seen much rp either, even if you are on a rp server the amount is very small.

I have tried several times at certain quests or datacron hunts, but the responses were very different. One time it was picked up and appriciated and the next time it could be totally ignored because they just wished to have the quest done asap.
Elle Couerblanc

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:37 pm

I am still perplexed as to how the chat interface would work with rp. Do they have a bubble chat option?

Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:08 pm

They don't, which is frustrating.

I'm on Vrook Lamar, and I've seen quite a bit of roleplay, but many of my friends are losing interest. The game is just so buggy at the moment.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Caria
SL Name: Passion
Role: slave
Owner: Drenusius I Bernard
AkA: Passion Quintessa

Postby Caria » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:41 am

I have seen a little rp on Lord Calypho. I actually did the Jedi starting area with a stranger, from start to finish in rp. It was fun. It seemed easier at that level. But then you go to Fleet and there are just people rushing around. And then you are rushing about.

I just try to stay in character all the time and if I run into another rper, great. :)

The game is just out for 2 months, people are coming and going, settling in on their characters or trying another. I think it will be in the next months that maybe there will be more rp if people are interested.

They just got to get sorted.
passion may encourage them to put their principles in the cabinet of tomorrow...
(Swordsmen of Gor)
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Postby Allison Millet » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:31 am

I've not noticed any of these bugs you speak of o.O personally I couldn't rp in a game like this very well...just seems like it would be kinda silly and forced I dunno...I just enjoy the story that it presents to me, rather then trying to create my own.
Hockey Stick!
Elle Couerblanc

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:43 pm

Lia wrote:They don't, which is frustrating.

I'm on Vrook Lamar, and I've seen quite a bit of roleplay, but many of my friends are losing interest. The game is just so buggy at the moment.

I've seen some bugs usually soon after patches:

Companions not moving in battle (my smuggler companion Corso HATES elavators. What's up with that?)
My continuing to fire my weapon even after all the targets are dead
Targets not falling down when dead.

Nothing huge though and I spend a good few hours a week in game these days.

Return to “Star Wars”