Huttball

For all you Star Wars Junkies. May the Force Be With You.
Crack and Thump
SL Name: 1

Huttball

Postby Crack and Thump » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:52 pm

I still have not gotten drunk and set off into the land of PvP but after watching the following video, it seems so fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU8m5w314ck

Is there a range on the levels that can go in together? I saw a level 14 being smacked by a level 25, I think.

How organized has it been for those of you that have played?
Glaucon

Re: Huttball

Postby Glaucon » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:17 pm

Another day on the SWTORums / Skyrums. :)
Crack and Thump
SL Name: 1

Postby Crack and Thump » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:39 pm

At least we never get flagged or placed on temporary bans.

*sticks her tongue out*
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:54 pm

Whoa! Where do you play this?
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Caria
SL Name: Passion
Role: slave
Owner: Drenusius I Bernard
AkA: Passion Quintessa

Postby Caria » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:58 pm

It depends on your group C&T, how organized the match is. If you know the basic objectives, run a little in front of the carrier so they can pass the ball, I think you can do well there and have fun even without organization. Some people in your group will know what to do, others will not.

I believe that there are more objectives, I just do not know them as I am not a huge fan of Huttball. I much prefer Civil War and Voidstar. They are not quite so chaotic to me :)

I believe that 50's have their own warzones now and what a difference that made. Warzones seem much more fun now. So the range, I believe 10 to 49.
passion may encourage them to put their principles in the cabinet of tomorrow...
(Swordsmen of Gor)
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:43 am

Something I had to learn - you need to drag the ability to pass the Huttball out of your General Abilities page, or people will raaaage on you. >.>
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Postby Allison Millet » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:23 am

Ive played some pvp tonight on my guardian was certainly interesting, lost 3 in a row of each type, then won the next two..I really dont think I like hutt ball, at anyrate the whole thing was hard as hell for me because I didnt have the target next key learned so I was trying to click on people who are running around like hamsters on crack....with so much effects shit going on that it was hammering my fps and making it well hard as hell to target someone...still the credits were most useful and nice..that was really the only reason I was pvping was I needed credits to buy my speeder after I trained in the license of it, and then bought the entire republic dancer's outfit for kira carson tehehehehe she looks so cute in it! now I just need to restart my smuggler and get enough credits to get her a set XD
Hockey Stick!
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:25 am

Lia wrote:Something I had to learn - you need to drag the ability to pass the Huttball out of your General Abilities page, or people will raaaage on you. >.>

That and you have to bring the ball behind ENEMY lines :) Plenty of people bring it back to their own base cause they are conditioned by WoW's Warsong Gulch.

But over all, Huttball was probably my favourite activity before I cancelled my subscription. As a Juggernaut, even without a DPS setup you're just a powerhouse ball carrier - mostly due to your ability to close gaps/get out of trouble very fast with your 2 charges and the interference :)

Other great, empire ball carriers: Powertechs and Sith Sorcs/Assassins, so if you see these running towards the centre to pick up the ball - rather support them :)

As a piece of advice since so many play Sith Sorcs here from what I've gathered:

Your sprint is an awesome utility spell in that war zone - you can use it to run over the poison pit without taking any damage or getting slowed down at all. (Which is also the reason they can grab the ball the easiest at the beginning of a game)

And, with sprint up - you can dare to run through the fire if it's between you and the enemy's goal line (As long as you have your ability up to remove snares/immobilizing effects) or if you have an angry mob behind you - you'll get ~2 ticks but that's about it.
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Postby Allison Millet » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:11 am

Im curious why did you decide to cancel your subscription to the game?
Hockey Stick!
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:43 am

Allison Millet wrote:Im curious why did you decide to cancel your subscription to the game?

Mainly because I started the game with 3 RL friends and we rushed to 50. Sadly two of them didn't enjoy their chosen classes too much, so they rerolled.

And it's just no fun to be 50 when there aren't any others on your server really. Besides the fact that every single hard mode flash point we ran prior to that, was bugged in a way that was just unacceptable (No end-boss loot in the Boarding Party, for example).

Then they played on the 1.1 Rakghoul patch - which for the most part was a steaming pile of ****. Ruining Illum PVP as a further consequence.

I don't know, some things got together. I might re-subscribe as they will make their 50s again this week just to see if it's fun still when you don't have to bother with randoms.

And well, the random bag system to get your PVP loot is a bit of a fun killer - I don't like to invest that much time to make Rank 50-60 just to get 7 earpieces in a row...
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer

Return to “Star Wars”