Caste: Warrior

Re: Has Gor changed?

Postby Theoden » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:17 pm

I love this guy
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:32 pm

Darius was not speaking about his character, cringing, but about him, cringing when reading books and descriptions of FW.

And actually, Darius, I am still puzzled by slaves being happy in Gor... Syndrome of stockholm... As for FW, when you are forced to look frigid and wear a burka, no much reason to be happy neither...

Oh, Morgus, the freedom of women, it's also being able to have a control upon your life, express and develop skills other than sexual and focused around men. Not to be free to shut up when any guy having enough money to buy your flesh can fuck you and do whatever he wants, your life daily threatened. Non castrated and secure men are usually perfectly fine with that.

We're lucky, Gor is just a fiction and a fun RP environment :D

Hmmm... I wonder if finally, Morgus is not the best troll we have ever met on these forums, finally....
Morgus
SL Name: Morgus resident
Caste: Scribe - www.tcjn.info
Role: Bibliographer - gorbooks.com
Home Stone: Port Kar - www.portkar.com
AkA: Jon Ard

Postby Morgus » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:28 pm

First off, I was a single father of three girls, and would not want to see them mistreated as the girls in the Gor stories and would hope that they are treated as equals in their relationships and work environments ... I identify with the basic premise of the Gor books, though, that men are naturally dominant and women naturally submissive ... if that, in your eyes, makes me a troll then so be it ... I have found that the most abusive attacks and name-calling come from women who are basically unattractive to men and are frustrated by that fact ... many women want the control that their sex might get from men, as seen by many free women's actions in the books, but even that won't work for those types ... Gor rp allows them to do just that and many of those women show up in forums and continue to take out their frustrations there ... on the other hand, those who identify with slave girls in their rp of the books, those who in rl are happily engaged in a fully sexually satisfying relationship, who love their husband, master, significant other, etc, are more than happy to discuss their interactions with free women they have met on Gor rp sites and have reinforced my thoughts on the matter ... now I'm sure some free women on Gor rp sites are also engaged in happy sexual relationships rl but perhaps not as many as the slave girls - it would mean giving up some of the control they so much desire ... I wish you well ...
"There are no mere points of honor." (24:63)
Morgus
SL Name: Morgus resident
Caste: Scribe - www.tcjn.info
Role: Bibliographer - gorbooks.com
Home Stone: Port Kar - www.portkar.com
AkA: Jon Ard

Postby Morgus » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:15 pm

@ Sasi ...

You said:

Darius was not speaking about his character, cringing, but about him, cringing when reading books and descriptions of FW.

but Darius had written:

I call bs that there is no fw who are happy have some humanity and don't make you cringe when introduced. It's unfair that JN refuses to portray them

That sounds a lot like a character (not necessarily Darius - free men don't cringe around women) cringing when introduced, rather than someone cringing about reading books and descriptions of free women ... and, as a matter of fact, most people with whom I interact look forward with anticipation when hearing of a new Gor book; no one has ever mentioned cringing when hearing about it - at least not until now ... I wish you well ...
"There are no mere points of honor." (24:63)
Sasi

Postby Sasi » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:54 pm

Morgus wrote:First off, I was a single father of three girls, and would not want to see them mistreated as the girls in the Gor stories and would hope that they are treated as equals in their relationships and work environments ... I identify with the basic premise of the Gor books, though, that men are naturally dominant and women naturally submissive ... if that, in your eyes, makes me a troll then so be it ... I have found that the most abusive attacks and name-calling come from women who are basically unattractive to men and are frustrated by that fact ... many women want the control that their sex might get from men, as seen by many free women's actions in the books, but even that won't work for those types ... Gor rp allows them to do just that and many of those women show up in forums and continue to take out their frustrations there ... on the other hand, those who identify with slave girls in their rp of the books, those who in rl are happily engaged in a fully sexually satisfying relationship, who love their husband, master, significant other, etc, are more than happy to discuss their interactions with free women they have met on Gor rp sites and have reinforced my thoughts on the matter ... now I'm sure some free women on Gor rp sites are also engaged in happy sexual relationships rl but perhaps not as many as the slave girls - it would mean giving up some of the control they so much desire ... I wish you well ...

Actually, thinking that men are naturally dominant and women, naturally submissive, is bullshit (and very simplistic).

Second, I don't think I called you with names, your actual reaction makes you sound a bit oversensitive, just sayin', Morg... *hands you a herbal tea* And from oversensitive to insecure... Oh, hell, about that! Seriously, please, be more creative in your comments when you wish to destabilize a woman who laughs of your statements! Cuz the usual insecure man's argument "All frustrated unattractive bitches", well, done, done and redone. I'm quite sure you can do better *slaps your fingers* (S'cuz godmoding)

The fact is that indeed, I don't identify myself to Mr Norman's kajirae... *nods sadly* I tend to identify myself only to.... myself...
Eh, what do you want, I have low ambitions, I am not even bold enough to go to pick up a model in some SF books for the noble purpose to inspire and lead my RL lifestyle! I am that average woman just quite comfortable with her many imperfections *sighs and fakes a tear*

As for discussing happily of my interactions with FW, (you mean certainly, role players playing a FW character, right?), er... I wish I could do it less happily actually, it would help me to get rid of my forum addiction, for example! *slaps my own fingers*

And I love your last statement, Morgus, it's priceless

Morgus wrote:now I'm sure some free women on Gor rp sites are also engaged in happy sexual relationships rl but perhaps not as many as the slave girls - it would mean giving up some of the control they so much desire ... I wish you well ...[/color]

When you deliver such comment, Morgus, you think you really need to wonder after why people may suspect you to be a troll, hmm?

Anyway, my dear fellow female RPers, if your sexual and sentimental life sucks, start playing a kajira, that might help! (from Pr. Morgus'researches and studies)
Of course, if you play already a slave girl, well, you're screwed, your issue sounds desperate now...
Or you forgot to identify yourself to your character, tsss... Time to become your real yourself, ladies (girls)!

And on a side note, yup, Darius was speaking of his personal feeling, Im quite sure.
Nazira
SL Name: Babybear Serenity
Owner: Revenge Sempati

Postby Nazira » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:08 pm

I have no idea why men like this continue to surprise me. The world is full of hate, overflowing with it, and from the safe seat at my computer desk I am reminded that hate is a product of our culture.
We're taught to hate.
And sadly, Mr. Morgus has three girls and a view of women that is the epitome of hate. Oh yes, he disguises it most cleverly, and he uses a science fiction series as his morality shield, but to even attempt to deny that what is fictionalized inside of the Gor novels is anything but pure misogyny is totally ignorant. Let us examine for a moment what misogyny is:

Misogyny can be manifested in numerous ways, including sexual discrimination, denigration of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification of women.[1][2] Misogyny has been characterized as a prominent feature of the mythologies of the ancient world as well as of various religions. In addition, many influential Western philosophers have been described as misogynistic. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny]

Hmm.. sexual discrimination: check; denigration of women: check; violence against women: check; sexual objectification of women: check.

Ahh! but women would be happier!if they were ruled by men and forced to be sexually liberal! (as long as they're sexually available to the men at all times, no matter what, and do exactly what they say no matter what, utter and total slaves to some sort of utterly contrived notion of an ultra enhanced female libido that's even beyond a caricatured masculine one!)
Listen, as a woman (feminist, sexual creature who has no shortage of men lining up to fuck her -in RL dude, not SL-) I can tell you without doubt that all I hear when you write is ignorance and hatred and profound insecurity. Nothing else, no matter how polite you try and make it sound.
As a woman who has read the novels and hundreds of other fiction and non-fiction pieces of literature, I can tell you that I have an imagination that finds itself living vicariously through many great number of characters I have read about. No matter what situation these characters find themselves in, I can fantasize what it would be like to be in their place. I can feel those emotions, I can identify on many levels. Men, women, transgendered, it doesn't matter. Human emotion is transcendent. It doesn't stand to reason that if I like to engage myself in the pursuit of roleplaying as any one of those characters, some more than others that I am condoning their stories or ways of life, or their circumstances if such a thing was real. How can anyone make that assumption? For the record, when it comes to Gor I enjoy playing every single role that JN has written about. From the strong man, to the weaker man (hard to find people wanting to play those roles) to female slaves, male slaves, free women. They all have something to appeal to a creative mind who enjoys writing her own escapism.

There are, admittedly a few un-level headed folk who take this role play far too seriously and we can find them among us on SL roleplay sims. The "lifestylers" like it was something to be proud of. The majority of us, I'd like to think, are aware of the difference between fantasy/escapism and reality. The difference between "playing" a role to get our panties wet, our dicks hard, and believing that it's how the whole world should work.

Women are threatening. I get it. It's a safe haven for insecure men to hide under JN's Nietzschean blanket and pat eachother on the back at how "if only they'd follow nature!" then the whole world would be alright. You forget, for millennia men have ruled women, controlled women, subdued women, subjugated women, abused women, and so far this millennia it's the same old same old. And even if I believed that it was natural order for such a thing to have existed all along, I'd still argue that just because it's natural doesn't make it correct or right or just.

So, please, if you want people to take you seriously, don't ascribe to this garbage as your outlook on life. Every aspect of his theme should make you do more than just cringe, it should make you sick to your stomach to think that there are people out there that can be this backwards. And not just the misogyny, the survival of the fittest. Don't even get me started there... as a mother of a disabled child, as a lover of the works of Stephen Hawking. Yeah.. fittest huh? Fuck you.
Sasi

Postby Sasi » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:20 pm

Hmmmm... I know well Nazira... Actually, when she bites a guy like that, it's because she hasn't cum in the last 6 hours....

*pats Morgus' shoulder* "That frustrated bitch, uh, Morgus!!!"
Theoden
SL Name: Theoden
Caste: Warrior

Postby Theoden » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:15 pm

be careful, morgus really is john norman, and he will kill your character in the next book!

Too, these free women, named Sasi, and Zira, did not accept their true feminine desires muchly, and argued incessantly with men. In the end, they were slain when a thalarion cart ran them over. --- Next Book of Gor
Pepper
SL Name: Pepper

Postby Pepper » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:19 pm

Morgus wrote:First off, I was a single father of three girls, and would not want to see them mistreated as the girls in the Gor stories and would hope that they are treated as equals in their relationships and work environments ... I identify with the basic premise of the Gor books, though, that men are naturally dominant and women naturally submissive ... if that, in your eyes, makes me a troll then so be it ... I have found that the most abusive attacks and name-calling come from women who are basically unattractive to men and are frustrated by that fact ... many women want the control that their sex might get from men, as seen by many free women's actions in the books, but even that won't work for those types ... Gor rp allows them to do just that and many of those women show up in forums and continue to take out their frustrations there ... on the other hand, those who identify with slave girls in their rp of the books, those who in rl are happily engaged in a fully sexually satisfying relationship, who love their husband, master, significant other, etc, are more than happy to discuss their interactions with free women they have met on Gor rp sites and have reinforced my thoughts on the matter ... now I'm sure some free women on Gor rp sites are also engaged in happy sexual relationships rl but perhaps not as many as the slave girls - it would mean giving up some of the control they so much desire ... I wish you well ...

I don't know where you've been, but SL Gor isn't even that cleanly gender-played anymore. Women are men and men are women and some switch back and forth. So your whole concept of sexually frustrated women playing FW and sexually happy women playing slaves is fucked from the start.

PS: You might want to start asking your slaves to voice with you before you rp screwing them. You know, just to make sure they aren't a man or an ugly, bitter, unhappy housewife in the real world. They'll love being asked to voice. Trust me.
Sasi

Postby Sasi » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:20 pm

Theoden wrote:be careful, morgus really is john norman, and he will kill your character in the next book!

Too, these free women, named Sasi, and Zira, did not accept their true feminine desires muchly, and argued incessantly with men. In the end, they were slain when a thalarion cart ran them over. --- Next Book of Gor

There is already a title, for that book: "Real Goreans not of Gor"

The tharlarion was a hippopotamus in this new book

Return to “Debate It.”