Viggo wrote:I really don't care what theo says, he is a know it all that likes to insult people's RP because it is not some thing he would do. Lots of quotes that support Scarlet as being Guards, he don't think they should be so insults people that play Guardsmen. He don't think there should be IC training, so he insults everyone that thinks it is a good idea. He does not agree with an RP someone does, he insults their RP and belittles them as players. Not sure why you care about what someone like that thinks, as obviously they have no respect for anyone but themselves.
So you ran out of straw men and are going for twisting arguments, now?
You are such a riot. I like you.
I never said anything against 'Scarlet as being guards' or 'insults people that play Guardsmen'. I'm fine with warriors playing a 'job' as a guard, and guarding and patrolling is one of the duties that warriors can do (emphasis on can).
What I am against, is you inventing a sub-caste out of thin air. It is probably because you keep reading things out of context, or you desperately want to make warriors into SuperTroopers police that you interpret them as wildly as you can to get your way.
Viggo wrote:To the topic of the IC training; the point is that people are IC warriors because they walked up and said "I'm a Warrior". BTB this is 100% true, once a child of a Scarlet male shoots out his mother's twat, he is a Warrior. This does not mean he knows anything about being a Warrior, and since none of us RPed childhoods everything we know ICly has to be gained ICly as that is RP 101. Does not matter what your background is, if you go to any other RP SIM in SL and say "I am a grand master wizard for the millionth order!", they will say "um..no..you just got here, so you a novice and have to learn your spells". Then you might reply "But my backstory says _______!", and they will respond "Good for you, you godmoded your backstory to come in as a semi-god character...yeah..no, not going to work".
Anyone that has evolved in RP to a certain point knows that certain knowledge as long as they are not godmodded against a player, is fine to be 'known' as a background. Not everything needs to be learned IC. You don't need to RP out an adolescence learning the training. You just create a character, write a background, and do the research on the character and role.
If a background is too crazy or all powerful, the admins step in and say you must change your background or not rp in this sim.
Tell me, did anyone teach you IC how to take a shit? Did you rp out your mother potty training you?
Everyone wants to come to Gor as some Master awesome super star day one, and it is not good RP and it is not good fun for those that have put the years into SL Gor. In any case, I teach at Gorean Campus the Scarlet Codes course. I have Ubars, commanders, and veterans from every BTB sim there saying it is a great thing. I am fine if Theo thinks it is wrong or whatever, but his one opinion does not trump the opinion of my 50 students that today will be going to their 4th class that think it is great.
Oh nice. Do they get a certificate too, a lil picture file diploma that they can display in their profile? Does it have a QC smartphone code too, like I've seen on some slave certificates from Haifa?
If people are too lazy to research their character, I would be fine with VOLUNTARY , OOC, courses where you can go and learn someone's interpretation of the role. However, the instructor, must know what he is talking about, and not read things out of context. Unlike you. It seems like a general theme is that you like to bring up Tarl cabot a lot, even though he is the exception and not the rule, as Dyce pointed out.
I made it clear, I was talking about average Gorean that RPed in the cities. Yes Kur have rapid fire weapons, yes outlaws can, yes panthers, and red savages, and pirates. But that was not the content of the topic. It was in general raid/combat conditions at a BTB sim, and I don't need to win arguments like you seem obsessed with. I give my opinion based on what I have read, and people can take from it what they will.
You can backtrack and change your previous argument and intentions all you like (with the help of my quotes that I provided) but the fact is you stated incorrect facts and I corrected you on them.
..just fyi...Like I said in that forum, BTB if you go to a city you are not apart of you are usually put on a pike unless perhaps if you are a merchant or slaver. So to say they would not only allow an enemy scarlet/outlaw/torvie/panther into their city but armed to the teeth without being escorted..well in your own words "that is ridiculous".
Wait, is that a straw man again? Where do you get all this straw?
When did I ever say people would allow those types of people into their city armed without an escort?
The enemy warrior would be escorted, though I doubt he would be disarmed, if he was sent as an emissary.
The outlaw would be slain.
The torvaldslander would be let through (though would be a curiosity amongst the locals, because this would be extremely rare, and he would still viewed suspiciously, as he was a foreigner, but he wouldn't be disarmed as well. He would be questioned though, and let through if he had good reasons to go into the city. Perhaps he is a mercenary in the hire of a citizen.
And the panther... would just be collared, if for some reason realism was just thrown out the window and the panther decided to go visit the city gates for some reason, taking into account geography as well....
Viggo wrote:The fact you need to prove every point wrong of every single person that you disagree with on a forum, shows you need to step away and get a RL lol...really feel bad for you.
I actually don't point every wrong of every single person I disagree with on this forum. I mostly ignore people and move on.
And well, I actually left you alone for quite a long while... until you started beating the drum that warriors in SL sucked and that you were a shining example to us all. Then we asked what it is that made the warriors a poorly rped role, and you gave us these as recommendations:
1. mandating IC codes classes (supposedly ic but ridiculous to play out ic so really are ooc, since grown warrior men already knew the codes)
2. mandating RPed out army wide ic training of basic things like learning how to use swords, to grown warrior men who already knew this since adolescence
3. mandating RP'ed out gate duty to stand for hours in SL instead of FTB it, akin to NC chores and rping by yourself, which is fine if you wish to do it, but bullshit if you're gonna mandate it
4. mandating RP'ed out patrolling duty rp, which is fine if you want to do it, but bullshit if you're gonna mandate it and criticize anyone that doesn't want to rp it out
5. insisting there is a sub-caste of Guardsmen, despite continued lack of evidence. where is that interview where you say Jon Norman explicitly stated there is a sub-caste of guardsmen? I still have yet to see it.
6. insisting everything you learn must be learned IC, refusing character background creation as a valid means of having a certain knowledge of something like training
7. calling ridiculous RP, good rp, like sending out a written survey to the entire city asking the population to brainstorm ideas with the warriors on how to make the city safer, never mind that the majority of the city 90% don't know how to read, and this would never be done in Rome or any greek city, and there just isn't enough literate people to go read the survey to the illiterate people, even if they wanted to (which they wouldn't, because high castes detest the low castes, and would only do it for money)
8. anything else i didn't include but anyone could probably find here and there reading your posts
You can't beat your chest saying all the warriors are doing it wrong, and you're doing it right, and then list ridiculous things that they should be doing and not be an object of ridicule.
Everything you write, is like you came out of a 2009 noob sim. So forgive me having fun mocking you.