Your non-RP interests on a gorean sim?

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

What activities besides RP are you interested in on a gorean sim?

1. Action
13%
1. Action
13%
2. Erotica
17%
2. Erotica
17%
3. OOC chat
10%
3. OOC chat
10%
4. None of the above
10%
4. None of the above
10%

Total votes: 78
Hephaesteon
SL Name: Hephaesteon Resident
Caste: Scribe
Role: Codger
Home Stone: Ar.

Re: Your non-RP interests on a gorean sim?

Postby Hephaesteon » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Yeah, none of the above. A good chunk of the folks I know and rped with back in the day didn't even use poseballs regularly, though admittedly that's in part because of the gay!panic for some. Don't cam, so... no, and while I skype with my friends and rp partners it's just chatting and not fucking (with one comically regrettable exception once, oy). I could entirely do without meters, ever, since my combat/action is rped and not pewpewed (for that I go to wow or gw2).

As for the ooc chat? It's nice, but it's not really something that would make me stay or leave a sim. Hochburg had an ooc chat and I barely ever talked there; Kaelus, conversely, I was usually pretty active. Just varies depending on who's around I guess, but that's not something I look for in a sim.

So basically... none of that. When I'm on the market for an RP sim (and I'm not in Gor now so really, *any* genre of RP sim), I want to know that the RP is good (first and foremost) and... secondarily, that there's a nice build. ;)
And that was that.
Torrid Streeter
Busty McModsalot
SL Name: Torrid
Role: Devil's Advocate

Postby Torrid Streeter » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:33 pm

beth ronmark wrote:Besides the role play? Definitely the erotica. Yes, I'm a big ol' ho and loves the emoted sex. Nope, not gonna cam or voice, nothing wrong with it if you do, but I wouldn't have chosen a slave character if I didn't like the passion, the quickies, the needy begging for a cock that comes along with it if I didn't!!!!

:grind: :grind: :lips: :lips: :lips:

OOC, meh, I'll save that for IMs.

The combat one, nope, I hate raids. I tend to get stuck in walls, etc. when I try to run away and hide. And with a cast on my right hand for a few more weeks, moving that quick ain't gonna happen.

Hugs the SLUT woman!!! Heya Beth!!

Just one question...Isn't that role play? :lips: :grind:
Ridicule is the first and last argument of fools.
Charles Simmons
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:40 pm

Torrid Streeter wrote:Just one question...Isn't that role play? :lips: :grind:

I think Anarch changed the OP a bit to mean what type of roleplay do you want (despite including camming etc still) in his follow on response. I went from "none of the above" to selecting the first two options.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
beth ronmark
SL Name: Liz Shim
Caste: Torvie
Role: Lurking on Occassion
Home Stone: Hrafnvik
AkA: Relia Blue Tooth

Postby beth ronmark » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:44 pm

Torrid Streeter wrote:
beth ronmark wrote:Besides the role play? Definitely the erotica. Yes, I'm a big ol' ho and loves the emoted sex. Nope, not gonna cam or voice, nothing wrong with it if you do, but I wouldn't have chosen a slave character if I didn't like the passion, the quickies, the needy begging for a cock that comes along with it if I didn't!!!!

:grind: :grind: :lips: :lips: :lips:

OOC, meh, I'll save that for IMs.

The combat one, nope, I hate raids. I tend to get stuck in walls, etc. when I try to run away and hide. And with a cast on my right hand for a few more weeks, moving that quick ain't gonna happen.

Hugs the SLUT woman!!! Heya Beth!!

Just one question...Isn't that role play? :lips: :grind:

Why yes my fellow gimpy McGee, you are 100 percent right! In the words of the wise Fonzerelli "Exactamondo!" And I love it! :heart: And Love you to torrid!!!!!!! :heart: :lips:
Danika Stenvaag
SL Name: Danika Stenvaag
Caste: Panther
Role: Valkyrie Torva Chieftess
Home Stone: Valkyrie Forest

Postby Danika Stenvaag » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:51 pm

when i'm not babysitting and doing administrative work on the sims and continent, I think roleplaying is fine for me. but the non-rp interests have more to do with experimenting with Viking era settings and concepts and being a flashpoint and a source of information gathering for a greater story project outside of this game. in this case, i'm answering to a higher source, something much bigger and beyond my own immediate interests inworld.
What is hidden in snow, is revealed at thaw. ~ Viking proverb

http://www.valkyriepanthers.com
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:02 pm

I replied "none of the above"....

OOC chat is fine, I don't remember when it broke my immersion in role play, and when I RP with another para-rper, often, Im chatting in IMs, chat group, or reading forums between two posts :)

Erotica? I guess that if we are allergic to the omnipresent sexual tension there is in the books, Gor is maybe not the right RP environment... After all, this aspect is something that, among other aspects, attracted us in Gor... Cam and voice, after, is depending of the relationship you have with some of your closest RP partners.

Action? Yes of course! And challenges, intrigues, risks...
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:17 pm

Hmmm, so many here say 'none of the above'.

So, apparently, most of you don't like ERP AND most of you don't like action either?

Could be true, for some of you.

However, I'd submit an alternative theory:

That a lot of you are dishonest politically correct chickens that will say whatever sounds 'proper' and high-brow.

"Oh, no! I do not play the online game build around the theme of sexual slavery and swords because I like sexual play, or because I enjoy combat. No, sir! I play it solely to delve into the artistry of creative writing!"

Pfff. :P

(Kudos to Kaitlin for showing some honesty)
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:41 pm

Glaucon's post made me re-read attentively the question (I should no reply to any spoil when Im - still - groggy because I slept almost all day...)

And so, "none of the above" is not that I would pick. But my comments still stand. I have no issue with metered combat, as long as it makes sense in the scene, even if "action" doesnt mean obligatory the use of metered combat. And yes, still, erotica, because a sexual scene, even well emoted is a bit more visual when we jump on a pose ball (if quality animations).

Well, all of the above with RP involved.

And OOC chat doesnt bother me, even when role playing, which bothers me are OOC comments in general chat in the middle of my RP scene.

I think I am more coherent, now....
Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:51 pm

I RP for all of the above and more, emotions and feelings of all kinds come diversified from erotica... to laughs and actual rage release.

Yes even the OOC chat and awesome gossip.

I don't see how it is possible to have an rp without all of those into the big cauldron.
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
Manon Seid
SL Name: Manon Seid
Role: Mostly gone building mesh
Home Stone: Isle of Sin

Postby Manon Seid » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:37 am

Glaucon! :blahslap:

ALRIGHT THEN! - CHICKEN VOTES: ALL OF THE ABOVE! :lol:

Especially since the description of the poll changed after i had answered.

I still don't like the ooc part in rp. I hate group chats when they turn into ooc party time that takes away from the actual rp. And when it turns into a bully feast of the strangers that visit the sim erk! OOC in im are fine - as long as they don't take focus and delay roleplay posts. There's nothing more annoying than waiting 5+ minutes for a post and then get one line %&%¤##¤&.

Naturally i do not mind the erotica - or i would not be roleplaying in Gor. I don't see where cam and voice and all that fits into the roleplay and i don't care if my pixels are on a pose ball or not, hence why i answered "no thanks" in my first post.

Meter fight...nah...i stink at it. And i don't see the roleplay aspect in it at all. It takes away a wealth of opportunity for drama and story in my opinion, even if it DOES give a rush of adrenalin, hence why i answered "no thanks" in my first post. Roleplay fights - drama - adventure - stalking - battles and bullying - hell yes! In any role please! And could i be let to play it out more than 5 mins before i am meter downed without even having any weapon drawn please?

Sim build? Well its nice if it fits the story somewhat surely, But i don't really need it. I could roleplay gor in an empty skybox and have just as much fun with that. Its not a factor that means that much to me - same as how my roleplay partner look. Smexy pixles are great, but the opposite is not a show stopper for me. I am super visual, its just that i am pretty good at making those visions in my own head if i need to :D
A Demon Sin - Thanks for the gift Judas

Return to “Debate It.”