3%

Total votes: 124
Manon Seid
SL Name: Manon Seid
Role: Mostly gone building mesh
Home Stone: Isle of Sin

Re: What makes you come to this forum?

Postby Manon Seid » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:33 am

Oor wrote: Mynerva is usually very sensible.

See!! Told you so!

Uhm Oor - it might be because i am not native speaker but i read those sentences about sarcasm and reading comprehension several times now and i am still not sure if they are directed at me! Please let me know so i can gather my collection of english swear words and toss them at you in a snarky passive agressive way :D

Like...fuck...and ...fucking ..and...uhm...hell..shit...damn i need to open a thread asking for inspiration on this.

Anyway - reason to read this forum:

Originally i was directed here by a good friend. She told me i would learn about Gor and she was right. I did.

Now i have no good excuses. I go here to sorta keep up with SL Gor + sometimes people post important things i really should know about SL - or even about RL. Mostly i read the forum if i have nothing else to do and don't feel like logging into SL or firing up Blender to create mesh stuff. Glaucon is right - after a few years it gets interesting to follow what the regularts post, just because i feel like i know them a little. I dont at all, i know - its just an illusion - but still!

Oh and my posting rate always goes up when i am on vacation with no real access to SL. I guess i get my SL fix here instead then.
A Demon Sin - Thanks for the gift Judas
Mynerva
SL Name: *****

Postby Mynerva » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:14 am

Lokia Spiritor wrote:Und wenn es so wäre ? Wenigstens hat Sie den Anstand und die Aufrichtigkeit für Ihre Feunde aufzustehen und sie zu verteidigen wenn es nötig ist . Aber darüber kann jemand wie du , jemand ohne Freunde , natürlich nichts wissen .

Let me get this straight. You assumed because someone writes a bunch of posts on a forum and logs into sl from time to time - the person has to be a bad mother.

And now you read a few of my posts and assume I have no friends.

You must be very young - or not so young but still incredibly immature.

When you grow up - or when you mature a little more - you will realize that most people have their friends in real life - and all this here is not as important as you might think now. That includes the hysterical "aufstehen" for one's virtual friends.

Grow up ;tybow:
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg
Mynerva
SL Name: *****

Postby Mynerva » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:17 am

Oor wrote:
Mynerva is usually very sensible.

You said it! :teehee:
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:33 am

Oor wrote:...makes me feel a bit like I'm having an adventure in Wonderland.
Being amused at the goings-on on the forum allows me to contribute to my own Wonderland adventures, as mentioned above.

That hard on you have must be affecting your judgment.

If you can be at your bitchy and snarky best while in Wonderland, why is it so difficult to believe I'm laughing my ass off at the majority of the exchanges? This post makes me want to start typing like Danika to send you into ecstasy.
Just for you. :roflmao:
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait

Postby ... » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:05 pm

Manon Seid wrote:Uhm Oor - it might be because i am not native speaker but i read those sentences about sarcasm and reading comprehension several times now and i am still not sure if they are directed at me! Please let me know so i can gather my collection of english swear words and toss them at you in a snarky passive agressive way :D

Bollocks. Bollocks is a good one.

Postby ... » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:07 pm

Mynerva wrote:
Oor wrote:
Mynerva is usually very sensible.

You said it! :teehee:

Usually!! I said usually! :fleeflee:

But yeah, usually in any discussion about IC/OOC separation in SL or similar, I read what you've written and end up not posting because it would just be the same.
Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:14 pm

I actually learn things in here... both good and bad... gorean and not.
Finding an active forum where there is a higher amount of adults bickering as adults... sometimes... is hard to find these days. I also enjoy the lack of sugarcoating some people have on their replies to one another yet... I doubt anyone is seriously annoyed by one another.

I'm actually surprised hearing about "flags" being used when the mods mentioned it.

Most of you have to admit that the level of reply, no matter how childish, is usually above average. Maybe I am sugarcoating this.
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
Danika Stenvaag
SL Name: Danika Stenvaag
Caste: Panther
Role: Valkyrie Torva Chieftess
Home Stone: Valkyrie Forest

Postby Danika Stenvaag » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:30 am

in all the years I've been on second life and on gor, I've never muted anyone. I've been a panther, an en, a sim owner, and I've never muted anyone. I think the mute button is for weak people. sometimes I've gone into the gor hub to work on notecards and watched as someone said something a princess slave found particularly disagreeable and next thing you know, she exclaims for all to hear: 'MUTED!' like she's some great key master to the magical portal of gor.

I've never muted anyone, never foed anyone here on the gorums, and I've never flagged a post. this is for the weak and thin skinned.

what's amazing are certain individuals here with a lot of time on their hands, with anger management issues, (maybe bipolar, I dunno), who will rage on and on and insist on being right no matter what, who will not give an inch of ground, who will post endless walls of texts with schematics and diagrams to prove their point so they can always be right. these same individuals who have their boxing gloves on and come out swinging, are so thin skinned, so quick to take issue with anything or anyone that doesn't agree with them, so defensive, that they monopolize the boards and are usually the ones with thousands of posts to their credit as glowing testament to all that time they have to devote here to raging and fighting. they're the ones that post those dwerpy lines of dismissive emotes like they're dispensing traffic tickets and judgments from upon high. they're happy as swine in slop bickering and fighting with everyone else here, and inworld. and there isn't a thing you or i can say or do to change them, they see what they want to see. and they will hate me for saying this, but I speak the truth.

as for lokia spiritor, I have no issues with him. I enjoy reading his posts. he's a lot more clever than you think... a lot smarter than some of the angry posters here.

so why did I come to the forums? to discuss recipes.
What is hidden in snow, is revealed at thaw. ~ Viking proverb

http://www.valkyriepanthers.com
Meriasek
SL Name: Meriasek Resident

Postby Meriasek » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:47 am

Many thanks to those who have answered the poll and thread.

I expect that is about what I expected in terms of the poll, in that it coincides with my own reasons fairly well i.e. a bit of further development of my understanding of Gor occasionally, news about new sims (must look at Lydius Port) but largely the general discussions (which, as someone already said, can be quite in depth). And, although this makes me a terrible person, I do enjoy the vitriolic exchanges some members engage in, provided they don’t degenerate into abuse and name calling, which I find boring. I am delighted and so proud that even this humble thread managed to produce a little dash of vitriol.

@Glaucon, yes I understand, I changed the title as soon as I saw the first reply from Mynerva, realising my title plus my usual use of humour would, combined, look like a dig. As I explained to Kaitlin, slowly, the only little dig I intended was the one about use of “passive/aggressive” in every other argument on here. Other phrases like “sad lonely individual” and “pontificate about” were just my usual self–deprecation, as I consider myself as much a member of this forum as anyopne lese, although I seldom post.
Alice McConnell
SL Name: Alice McConnell
Caste: For(r)est Girl
Role: Former gorum wordcount champ
Home Stone: Jara stole it
Owner: Var Viverra She

Postby Alice McConnell » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:47 am

Honestly, I try not to come here too often. Everyone else he seems to claim they don't care about insults and digs at them. I am sure it is even true for some (clearly not for most that say they don't care) but it does get to me. It didn't always, but it does, nowadays. Probably because of old 'hurt'. I don't enjoy the hate-posts. Especially when I am the target. Very weak, I know.

I am prone to bringing up past feuds (the memory of an elephant) and those I feuded with in the past are never far away. So, I try not to spend too much time on this forum. I do enjoy talking to part of the posters here. Not everyone here is all about the insults and ego-fights. And I still 'care' a little about SL Gor, and this forum, probably becaue I was once heavily invested in it. Stuff related to panthering most of all. So, I lurk a bit. And sometimes, I feel I can offer a perspective others haven't already brought up.

Return to “Debate It.”