N.O.T.A. (please specify)
3%

Total votes: 124
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Re: What makes you come to this forum?

Postby Kaitlin » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:12 pm

Meriasek wrote:And off we go, if there was Olympic sport in “smallest place anyone can start an argument” you’d have to be a contender.

Trust me we aren't arguing. I know petty nonsense when I see it. Luckily an interesting thing happens in most threads despite the intent or "sense of humor" of the author. People actually provide insight. Even I answered the question in spite of the way you posed it.

The one exception might be the one about “passive/aggressive” (and, oh dear, I think that’s one you use :) ).

Because it is usually warranted like in this case and when I told you the same thing in your rant about "forum posters ignoring you who should know better". At least you are owning up to something. I'm not looking for hidden agendas since this would fail. It's pretty transparent, but we are going off topic in your lovely OP. You might want to focus on the real answers you are getting if you had any genuine interest in the first place.

@Mat
Nice post.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Isabella Bergiere
SL Name: Isabella Bergiere

Postby Isabella Bergiere » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:22 pm

I usually read these forums when one of my skype/ingame friends mentions the latest big topic that has exploded. So I come to have a look for myself and :popcorn:

Else, if I am really bored I'll have a browse but I am definitely more of a lurker.
Mynerva
SL Name: *****

Postby Mynerva » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:34 pm

Isabella Bergiere wrote:I usually read these forums when one of my skype/ingame friends mentions the latest big topic that has exploded. So I come to have a look for myself and :popcorn: .....

...and to defend Anarch and his friends ;)
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg
Isabella Bergiere
SL Name: Isabella Bergiere

Postby Isabella Bergiere » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:38 pm

Mynerva wrote:
Isabella Bergiere wrote:I usually read these forums when one of my skype/ingame friends mentions the latest big topic that has exploded. So I come to have a look for myself and :popcorn: .....

Sometimes! If I think it's deserved. Which is not always.

Mostly its for the :popcorn:
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:07 pm

@ Meriasek: I can understand the suspicion of Kaitlin. Frankly, given the apparent title this thread had at first, and the options your poll provided, I did think the OP may have been meant as another 'strike' in the 'forums team-vs-team' fight that was sparked by the thread about moderation, which saw a lot of people rarely posting here come out of the woodwork to weigh in on one side of the debate (including the usual insults and smears). Knowing how the way group-politics in SL Gor work (I am sure you do know, as I do I) it did make sense for her to interpret your OP the way she did. I am guessing you can understand that as well.
Lokia Spiritor
SL Name: Lokia Spiritor
AkA: Lokia Spiritor

Postby Lokia Spiritor » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:59 pm

Lack of anything better to do at the moment really; tho the conversations do amuse me at least.

Mynerva wrote:

Und wenn es so wäre ? Wenigstens hat Sie den Anstand und die Aufrichtigkeit für Ihre Feunde aufzustehen und sie zu verteidigen wenn es nötig ist . Aber darüber kann jemand wie du , jemand ohne Freunde , natürlich nichts wissen .

Postby ... » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:45 pm

I come here because watching people use language and syntax that suggests anger, annoyance, irritation or snark, and then professing to be amused and laughing, almost constantly, at everything, makes me feel a bit like I'm having an adventure in Wonderland.

I also like watching attempts at hefty sarcasm fail miserably, due to the use of run-on sentences or an overabundance of articles.

And because the phrase 'reading comprehension' immediately turns the typist into a ten-year-old child in my head.

Mynerva is usually very sensible.

Occasionally someone makes the mistake of posting a verbose reply from the wrong forum alt, and gives away the fact that they've debated against themselves several times in various thread. That's amusing.

Being amused at the goings-on on the forum allows me to contribute to my own Wonderland adventures, as mentioned above.

Thusly, the circle is complete.

Sometimes I break the circle to talk about RP or politics. It's scary and seldom lasts long.

Off with his head!
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:58 pm

@ Lokia: I don't see why or where Anarch needed help from his friends. He didn't get involved in the recent gorums war. Also, I would be surprised if Mynerva didn't have any friends. Even YOU seem to have some.

Anyway... it is clear that there are people coming here for stuff that most people would rate as 'positive'. To debate, to learn about something new, to share something.

And there are some people that come here to laugh at the others, insult them, be amazed at their stupidity, hypocricy, and so forth. It is an odd activity that most people would probably rate as extremely negative, but people are people. Some just really love sharing their misery. A bit like how things are within SL. The people coming for the things the forum was intended for might want them to fuck off, but they won't. Just as in SL.
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:02 am

Glaucon wrote:Also, I would be surprised if Mynerva didn't have any friends. Even YOU seem to have some.

You don't even know who you are talking about or what you are talking about. Pointless.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:17 am

Anarch Allegiere wrote:
Glaucon wrote:Also, I would be surprised if Mynerva didn't have any friends. Even YOU seem to have some.

You don't even know who you are talking about or what you are talking about. Pointless.

Not sure what there might be to be aware of: Someone coming to a forum to drop random insults at the regulars for no apparent reason. Kaitlin is a bad mother, Alice had a tribe that sucked, Mynerva doesn't have any friends.

That is what you call a troll. And given your 'angry' posts, even trolls have frieds. Confirmed.

Return to “Debate It.”