Light or heavy moderation

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

I am a ... and this forum needs ...

Lurker/reader, and I prefer 'light' moderation.
1%
Lurker/reader, and I prefer 'light' moderation.
1%
Lurker/reader, and I prefer 'medium' moderation.
No votes
Lurker/reader, and I prefer 'medium' moderation.
No votes
Lurker/reader, and I prefer 'heavy' moderation.
No votes
Lurker/reader, and I prefer 'heavy' moderation.
No votes
Infrequent poster, and I prefer 'light' moderation.
22%
Infrequent poster, and I prefer 'light' moderation.
22%
Infrequent poster,and I prefer 'medium' moderation.
8%
Infrequent poster,and I prefer 'medium' moderation.
8%
Infrequent poster, and I prefer 'heavy' moderation.
5%
Infrequent poster, and I prefer 'heavy' moderation.
5%
Frequent poster, and I prefer 'light' moderation.
7%
Frequent poster, and I prefer 'light' moderation.
7%
Frequent poster, and I prefer 'medium' moderation.
2%
Frequent poster, and I prefer 'medium' moderation.
2%
Frequent poster, and I prefer 'heavy' moderation.
5%
Frequent poster, and I prefer 'heavy' moderation.
5%
Other (please explain)
1%
Other (please explain)
1%

Total votes: 88
Lokia Spiritor
SL Name: Lokia Spiritor
AkA: Lokia Spiritor

Re: Light or heavy moderation

Postby Lokia Spiritor » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:36 pm

Alice McConnell wrote:
Lokia Spiritor wrote:I keep feeling like I should know you for some reason, I remember the Var Viverra She, they where a random noob group of Panthers that cried a lot when they lost fights.. but I can't seem to place you for some reason.

Nice try, Lokia.

I'm just trying to place you, I went there a decent amount with friends rolling them again and again, not sure why they kept going considering 90% of the time an invalid would be called over something like a Panther not understanding that great axes could do 45% damage, but they enjoyed it for some reason.

I don't really remember seeing you there tho, is your forum name the same as your second life character name?
Alice McConnell
SL Name: Alice McConnell
Caste: For(r)est Girl
Role: Former gorum wordcount champ
Home Stone: Jara stole it
Owner: Var Viverra She

Postby Alice McConnell » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Probably off-topic, but... I'll take the bait (if it is bait, which I am guessing it is), but put it in a PM. People might think I was going 'me me me' again, beating my own drum. Can't have that now, can we?
Viorel
SL Name: Viorel Daviau

Postby Viorel » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:36 pm

Kaitlin wrote:
Viorel wrote:Jesus, I'm actually fricking laughing at this in RL.

That makes two of us.

Like I said, mods, an odd lot. I'm amazed you managed to get blond, making babies and blow job in one post in an attempt to be insulting. How old are you? What super debate skills you have there. What's next? Caps?
:taunt:

You're like the Patrick to my Spongebob, except I really don't want to share my BFF ring set with you.

To Alice's post.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Alice McConnell wrote:@ Cliff/Viorel: Thanks for giving me the last word. But I suppose yours serves well enough.

Whatever that means.

Alice McConnell wrote:One last 'jab':

Of course! I assure you, it was expected. The price for this apparent fame you seek is folks also being aware of your shining personality.

Alice McConnell wrote:...You keep saying I am fool for not letting it go. Who gives a fuck? You don't.

You want to shit on the site that was always based on a team effort while beating your chest with your red lettered "Admin" t-shirt. While I give two shits about glory, I won't stand idly by and watch other people get spat on just to you can feed your fucked up ego.

When it was you and I, it was a team. We collaborated well.

When it was Garian, you and I, it was kind of a team. You had already started beating your chest by then.

When it was you breaking the ONE rule I said was a hell no, it wasn't about a team effort, it was all about selfish little you.

I'll even share what I said back on .com. When you were asking to be added back to the admin team, WE honestly would have let you back in if it was only the deleted post thing (we even talked about it). We would have licked our wounds and carried on, but since you made such a bullshit dramafest over the whole thing, then lied about it, no. Garian was telling me "Just let it settle, just let it settle" and I told him "Dude, are we not all held to the same standard?" He said "I know, but still, just let it settle." I said fine and bit my tongue. I told him that I was a bias party and wouldn't moderate you. He agreed, why? Because even though you got more leeway than anyone else there, we still wanted to maintain a high degree of fairness with all things considered. You got banned not because of reaching my tolerance (which was the forum rules), you were banned because you exceeded them to where HIS tolerance level was broke.

We caught a lot of flack for that because it was inconsistent with how everyone else who needed moderated was treated, for you.

So yeah, not at least recognizing the team who, even at your worst, still offered a great amount of consideration for YOU, is frankly an insult. But that's how you are, right? Take take take.

The irony of it is I originally wanted just the back-end work, but I quickly got pulled to the front-end, didn't I? I wonder why that is.

Why do I suggest you get over it? Because I'm clearly at a loss as to why you're still so pissy over something that happened many moons ago for one, but moreso your complete lack of simply "getting it" as to why things happened the way they did. Sit in denial until your senior years if that's what turns your gears, but when you bring this shit up my name gets pulled in...always.

So while you're being pro-active in flicking your forked tongue, I'm being reactive in calling you on your bullshit.

Lastly, Ceri, Garian and I worked as a team.

In fact, since this is no longer the same web presence as before, I invite either of them to offer anything to the contrary on anything I've said.

Alice McConnell wrote:But have you noticed the other person, that came back to the forum just so he could post about this stuff? Check his name.

He posted about a past event specifically relating to this very topic! YOU are the one who went on a tangent bringing up other stuff. So don't point fingers at Garian when he simply plucked a petal and you came in watering the whole flower bed.
Alice McConnell
SL Name: Alice McConnell
Caste: For(r)est Girl
Role: Former gorum wordcount champ
Home Stone: Jara stole it
Owner: Var Viverra She

Postby Alice McConnell » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:02 pm

So, that was you giving me the last word, then?

The usual warning about ancient history applies. Read at your peril:

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Nothing much I need to address, I guess. Except that I don't really remember asking to be made a moderator again. Maybe I did ask, I am not sure. I don't recall it.

Ah, and yes, this here:

Viorel wrote:I'll even share what I said back on .com.

If I understand this correctly, you are saying you have been talking about your spat with me HERE on another forum, that has nothing to do with this one, nor with it's history, and even while you know I don't post there?

Now that shit really IS lame.
Viorel

Postby Viorel » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:19 pm

Alice McConnell wrote:So, that was you giving me the last word, then?

Bait & switch seems to be the standard thing to do as of late.

Try: "You asked me a question. I answered and explained why." or do you not remember making this statement..

...You keep saying I am fool for not letting it go. Who gives a fuck? You don't.

So, whatever.

Have you ever been evaluated for being a sociopath? I was married to one for 9.5 years. I have damn keen wit for spotting them now, and let's just say my spidey sense is tingling.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:25 pm

Viorel wrote:Have you ever been evaluated for being a sociopath? I was married to one for 9.5 years. I have damn keen wit for spotting them now, and let's just say my spidey sense is tingling.

Hmmm, those lines of yours speak for themselves, pretty much. Maybe you should stop posting. :o.O:

Meanwhile...

... let's look at the outcome of the poll at this time, shall we?

61%: Light moderation

20%: Medium moderation

17%: Heavy moderation

Reasons have been given for the various opinions. Not everyone that favors light moderation agrees on everything. Some feel that the rules should be adjusted to reflect the lighter moderation style. Others say it doesn't really matter. Many advocates of medium or heavy moderation would like to see debates to be more civil, less of a shouting match. Some advocates of light moderation point out that heated debates in which there is less than civil language used aren't necessarily less informative. Some point out that they sometimes find these exchanges amusing. Others clearly feel they are a distraction or outright boring.

I can empathize with all of those views, I guess, though I come down in favor of light moderation, clearly. Which is a good thing, for me, since the owner told us it is going to remain just that, for now.

The one position I did not get at all was Mat's. He has stated over and over again in other threads that the owner of this forum (as well as the owner of any sim) can do what they want. Whatever the users/residents might want. Which is kind of a moot point, I feel, but he has been making it a lot. So, I am rather surprised to see him apparently make a different point, in this thread, arguing for heavy moderation, while the owner made her wishes clear. It seems a bit inconsistent. :hrm:
Claude Belgar
SL Name: Claude Belgar
Role: Trader… sort of…
Home Stone: Twin Falls
Owner: None… I think.
Location: Looking down at the idiocy of Kaitlin and Sasi, among others

Postby Claude Belgar » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:45 pm

Glaucon wrote:The one position I did not get at all was Mat's. He has stated over and over again in other threads that the owner of this forum (as well as the owner of any sim) can do what they want. Whatever the users/residents might want. Which is kind of a moot point, I feel, but he has been making it a lot. So, I am rather surprised to see him apparently make a different point, in this thread, arguing for heavy moderation, while the owner made her wishes clear. It seems a bit inconsistent. :hrm:

Because you can respect someone's decision, without agreeing with them ? That's how I see Mat's position anyway.
"when all the books show that Gorean seldom change of home stone."Sasi.

"I have never said that the books stated that Gorean seldom change of homestone."Sasi.

Sasi caught lying between her teeth.
Mat
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Postby Mat » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Claude Belgar wrote:
Glaucon wrote:The one position I did not get at all was Mat's. He has stated over and over again in other threads that the owner of this forum (as well as the owner of any sim) can do what they want. Whatever the users/residents might want. Which is kind of a moot point, I feel, but he has been making it a lot. So, I am rather surprised to see him apparently make a different point, in this thread, arguing for heavy moderation, while the owner made her wishes clear. It seems a bit inconsistent. :hrm:

Because you can respect someone's decision, without agreeing with them ? That's how I see Mat's position anyway.

Exactly I support the owner of this forum in any decision about moderation that she makes but that does not mean that I have to agree with it, and that was what this thread was about our thoughts on moderation.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
Viorel

Postby Viorel » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:03 pm

Glaucon wrote:Hmmm, those lines of yours speak for themselves, pretty much. Maybe you should stop posting. :o.O:

Aren't you that same fanboy who was whining like a bitch during all of this? There was one guy, his name started with a G, who wouldn't shut the hell up about his babygirl Alice being removed from the team.

He was quite the irritating little douche. He made comments like "you need to take her back!". If I remember right he even made a poll "Should Alice be able to be an Admin again" or some nonsense like that. It was really stupid. He even tried being a ring leader of a 'leave the bullshit forum' movement. It was amusing because after all of that, he still stuck around while others would go "Eh, you still here?" It reminded me of a very bitter elderly guy as if us youngsters needed to listen up.

It's you, isn't it? :teehee:

Anyway, yes. My posts do speak for themselves. I wrote them intentionally that way. Thank you for sharing your observation, it tells me they were typed clearly enough.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:07 pm

@ Claude (& Mat): The thing is that Mat usually argues: "The owner's choice" and "The law is the law" when we talk about sim or forum rules and such. But now, he started arguing "The rules are the rules" But that doesn't jive with the previous two, because if the owner decides not to enforce the rules she made a long time ago, that would be her choice, as an owner, and her lawful right.

And if his reasons for being in favor 'heavy moderation' are because that is the rules, then the other two should supercede those reasons.

Of course, in my mind, stuff like 'the rules are the rules' or 'the law is the law' etc. does not constitute any sort of argument at all.

Return to “Debate It.”