Pregnancy and Kids RP - Should it be allowed on BtB sims?

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Pregnancy and Kids RP - Should it be allowed on BtB sims?

1. Yes
26%
1. Yes
26%
2. No
24%
2. No
24%

Total votes: 46
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Re: Pregnancy and Kids RP - Should it be allowed on BtB sims

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:23 pm

I understand that for some the line of 'iffiness' is thin though between child avatar RP and pregnancy RP.

And the main point Hawt -does have- in my opinion is the fact that you know, all the couple earth lovey-dovey stuff wasn't really a big part of the books, it was the kind of stuff exceptional unusual characters did like Tarna, Surbus, Tarl, Talena, Verna, Aphris, etc.

The books for 90% are about warfare, politics and sex-slavery. Yet what do most people in SL Gor RP ... companionships and pregnancies, trade RP and prim babies and love-slavery. Excuse me if I yawn.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:26 pm

Anarch Allegiere wrote:I understand that for some the line of 'iffiness' is thin though between child avatar RP and pregnancy RP.

And the main point Hawt -does have- in my opinion is the fact that you know, all the couple earth lovey-dovey stuff wasn't really a big part of the books, it was the kind of stuff exceptional unusual characters did like Tarna, Surbus, Tarl, Talena, Verna, Aphris, etc.

The books for 90% are about warfare, politics and sex-slavery. Yet what do most people in SL Gor RP ... companionships and pregnancies, trade RP and prim babies and love-slavery. Excuse me if I yawn.

No one says you have to play with those people. :fryingpan:

If it makes them happy, why the fuck do you care? :roll:
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:32 pm

Leah wrote:No one says you have to play with those people. :fryingpan:

If it makes them happy, why the fuck do you care? :roll:

Because I went to catholic school and was well educated in the sins of being happy.

It shouldn't be hard to understand though why people might not fully appreciate it when the roleplay in gorean sims does not resemble the feel or theme of the books.
Lokia Spiritor
SL Name: Lokia Spiritor
AkA: Lokia Spiritor

Postby Lokia Spiritor » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:11 am

Since the majority of BTB seems to be middle aged people, I'm kinda surprised that so many of them are interested in pregnancy and kids in their rp, shoulden't they like... you know, be paying attention to their own kids in real life or something? Or getting pregnant/impregnating a woman?
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:55 am

Lokia Spiritor wrote:Since the majority of BTB seems to be middle aged people, I'm kinda surprised that so many of them are interested in pregnancy and kids in their rp, shoulden't they like... you know, be paying attention to their own kids in real life or something? Or getting pregnant/impregnating a woman?

To those that have children, it may be more 'natural' to include these 'family-related' things in their RP. After all, they are generally highly aware of how important this stuff is to a person, and therefore they would also lean towards including elements like these in the story of their character(s). Those that are without children in RL are likely to feel less 'empathy' with this sort of RP, though maybe, for some that are without kids but a little older, RP-ing this stuff out has a special attraction.

And there are those (keeping mum in this thread) that feel that they need to RP getting/having kids because Norman commanded it, for the sake of 'btb realism'. But I covered the silliness of that position already.
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:17 am

Glaucon wrote:
Lokia Spiritor wrote:Since the majority of BTB seems to be middle aged people, I'm kinda surprised that so many of them are interested in pregnancy and kids in their rp...

To those that have children, it may be more 'natural' to include these 'family-related' things in their RP....

You know there are people that like to drink a combination of a Cola Soft Drink and Milk. It's really not common practice and would probably make the majority of us nauseated just watching them drink it.

With this in mind.. Lets call Gor (Cola) and Family/Preggo RP (Milk)

There are lots of places that just have Milk and my suggestion would be simply drink your Cola when you want cola.. and then go have a nice tall glass of milk later, you can double box an Alt player and play leave it to beaver, seventh heaven ... silver spoons on that alt and then play your Gorean scribe on the other character.

Just a thought.
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:02 pm

I figured it out!

It's been a conspiracy the whole time from the GCoG!

Physicians weren't getting enough Physician RP, So they started testing people for pregnancy and testing positive so that they could get more RP!

Those bastards!
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:20 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:I figured it out!

It's been a conspiracy the whole time from the GCoG!

Physicians weren't getting enough Physician RP, So they started testing people for pregnancy and testing positive so that they could get more RP!

Those bastards!

You're like a dog with a bone, dear. :fryingpan:
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:53 pm

Leah wrote:You're like a dog with a bone, dear. :fryingpan:

:twisted: (Grins Evilly)
Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:18 pm

I think pregnancy is one of those options people use to get their next character ready when they get bored of the parent one and jump on themselves as Tarl Junior. That is really the sole purpose of RP pregnancy aside... of course... to the minor detail, inserting some reality into Gor.

Makes me wonder though with such longevity would be advisable to have the child birth activity under a tight control.
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.

Return to “Debate It.”