Pregnancy and Kids RP - Should it be allowed on BtB sims?

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Pregnancy and Kids RP - Should it be allowed on BtB sims?

1. Yes
26%
1. Yes
26%
2. No
24%
2. No
24%

Total votes: 46
Aurelian
SL Name: Forsaken Demontrond
Caste: Blue Caste
Role: High Councilor
Home Stone: Ar - Stationed: Lydius Port
AkA: Aurelian Regulus Sabinus

Re: Pregnancy and Kids RP - Should it be allowed on BtB sims

Postby Aurelian » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:54 pm

My vote would be yes,

While as most already stated and as would be expected, child avatars wouldn't be the case - being able to thoughtfully comprise, draft, and role-play through a child's birth and life completely upon story board is a good way to create connection between characters(parents).

In my story line, I did start from a young age and begin explaining my encounters, expectations, drives and how they shift at different ages.

If your in role-play for reasons revolving around developing manuscript or story based off what your role-playing then I would say it is near inevitable that a pregnancy or child would come of at some point, in some way or form.

Even Tarl found himself amongst them:

"Here and there children ran between the wheels, playing with a cork ball and quiva, the object of the game being to strike the thrown ball. "

Nomads of Gor Book 4 Page 27

"A woman carrying a market basket moved to one side, watching him, that she might not touch him, holding a child to her."

Assassin of Gor Book 5 Page 7

My conclusion would be that while children should be expected as part of a detailed story-line at no point would I expect to see one pass me in character. As I live in a southern city, most references describe children as being near-stocked away or highly protected. The only case under which I see children "frolicking" in public would be within' Nomads several times as of course the caravans wouldn't provide much place for sheltering/hiding children.
"'You risked so much for a mere point of honor?' she asked. 'There are no mere points of honor,' I told her."
Page 63 - Vagabonds of Gor
Glaucon

Re: Pregnancy and Kids RP - Should it be allowed on BtB sims

Postby Glaucon » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:26 pm

:roll:
Aurelian wrote:My conclusion would be that while children should be expected as part of a detailed story-line at no point would I expect to see one pass me in character. As I live in a southern city, most references describe children as being near-stocked away or highly protected. The only case under which I see children "frolicking" in public would be within' Nomads several times as of course the caravans wouldn't provide much place for sheltering/hiding children.

I think that it doesn't really matter if there are children portrayed in the books, if they would be around the adults in the streets or in the village or not, because there is a simple practical concern when it comes to SL Gor. It simply to close to stuff that isn't allowd by Linden Labs and potentially illegal in a general sense.

There is the one scene were a 15 year old (or so) boy interacts with a an adult slave in the books. He doesn't have sex with her or anything, but the interaction is of a sexually charged nature. Which goes to show that the inclusion of kids in RP within a gorean environment IS likely to have a sexual element. But if we were to RP that out, we would be breaking the ToS, risk getting banned from SL and potentially breaking the law of our country of residence.

Now, whether this is silly or not (or perhaps completely necessary to prevent potential pedophiles from falling into a 'stepping stone' pattern :roll: ) doesn't matter. Fact is that we simply cannot RP that stuff out. And hence, no kids in Gorean RP. It is a limitation, perhaps, but it is what it is. We cannot go RP-ing out Nabokov's Lolita either.

Return to “Debate It.”