You're not an asset to your RP community.

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Your engagement to gorean roleplay. (Pick what describes you best)

1. I'm very engaged. I try to organize many stories, events and groups in SL Gor.
9%
1. I'm very engaged. I try to organize many stories, events and groups in SL Gor.
9%
2. I'm not much of an organizer but I do take part in most events and am constantly found roleplaying for many hours with many people on my own and outside my own sim.
7%
2. I'm not much of an organizer but I do take part in most events and am constantly found roleplaying for many hours with many people on my own and outside my own sim.
7%
3. I just participate in organized and planned events now and then. I sometimes roleplay a little bit here and there.
11%
3. I just participate in organized and planned events now and then. I sometimes roleplay a little bit here and there.
11%
4. The majority of my roleplay happens only with a few select choice people.
7%
4. The majority of my roleplay happens only with a few select choice people.
7%
4. I feel like I don't have either enough time or interest to engage in much roleplay every day.
16%
4. I feel like I don't have either enough time or interest to engage in much roleplay every day.
16%

Total votes: 44
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

You're not an asset to your RP community.

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:50 pm

Controversial title, right?

Either way, just a poll and questions to see how involved and engaged people are with their gorean RP sims.

1. Do you consider yourself someone that pushes and creates more roleplay on your sim than most others? If not, why not?

2. Do you feel you have time enough to be engaged to creating roleplay in SL Gor?

3. Are you interested in pushing storylines and creating or organizing groups, stories, events in SL Gor? If not, why not?
TheReader
SL Name: Resident Resident
Role: Reader

Re: You're not an asset to your RP community.

Postby TheReader » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:30 pm

1. Do you consider yourself someone that pushes and creates more roleplay on your sim than most others? If not, why not?
When I used to RP in Gor I opened scene opportunities, though not through raids but generally hunting and camp chores and errands. Used to make them in a way that I always needed help so others would come and help out. Like once I escaped from captivity and of course my bow was taken away so I took a camp slave looking for a good Kalana tree to get a strong branch and we rped the preparation of the branch, the carving the stringing and testing till it was ready. Just an example.

2. Do you feel you have time enough to be engaged to creating roleplay in SL Gor?
Recently no, but before I did.

3. Are you interested in pushing storylines and creating or organizing groups, stories, events in SL Gor? If not, why not?[/quote]
Yes, definitely!
.. The Reader
If you don't understand what you read, don't embarrass yourself.
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:50 pm

I am definitely no longer an asset to the Gorean RP community. Why? I don't think my character is larger than life enough or have a need to push my story as much as others. I really don't know the reason why I feel the way I do. Maybe I am outgrowing Gorean rp *sigh*
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Adoveea Rau
SL Name: Adoveea Rau
Caste: Builder
AkA: Lady

Postby Adoveea Rau » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:01 pm

No, I do not consider myself creating more roleplay then most others. I see others who are much more active creating more roleplay.

Never.

3. Are you interested in pushing storylines and creating or organizing groups, stories, events in SL Gor? If not, why not?

I'm not an organizer of group activities,stories, events, i run screaming from any responsibility of that. BUT! I happily participant in full-which is something that most organizers hope for.

Label me not an asset :)
Reputation is what others know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself.
Conall
SL Name: Conall DeCuir
Role: Torvaldslander

Postby Conall » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:47 pm

I did that but it's past since a longer while. Why? For one part it's caused by RL but i pulled already before out. When you have done it all repeatedly it becomes a bit stale and when you get older :shock: your priorities and expectations change. I do not really see how to push anything as most times when i tried to push i got no reaction.

Not anymore.

Nope. I was never a friend of events or organised groups and pre-planned stories and that didn't changed. Engaging in a day to day rp, when i have time and i am around .. yes. Boundaries .. no!
"You have your Odin and i have mine"
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:15 pm

I'm happy to say no to this question. There is nothing more tiring than constantly having to be the person crafting stories for others. I've done it in the past and I will likely do it again in the future to a lesser extent but I wouldn't consider this type of a person an asset but instead a candidate for burn out or future drama because other players will take as much as you give.

The key is balance. Taking care of your own RP wants/needs and providing an opening for others to join in is all that is required. If you have time when that is done then certainly jump out and create group wide, family wide, sim wide, maybe even gor-wide storylines.

This another statement that I don't consider a good measure of being an asset. I know players that can only manage one day a week or even every few weeks but I love every moment I spend in a scene with them. I got a random IM for RP which was priceless given my crazy schedule lately and I valued it as much as I have valued a month of daily RP in the past (thanks Apollonia). Time available to RP is something that ebbs and flows with RL responsibilities and the engagement level/interest in gorean RP. Every player that commits any time toward sharing their stories is an asset, an ambassador, and a supporter of the sim.

Frankly I don't have the time ATM I'd like to devote to the sim I've chosen yet I'm still an asset. :D
It is nice to play in a place where any contribution offered is appreciated. You asked this question in the context of "SL Gor" which I could give a flying woop about in terms of storylines. I'm all for epic, insular RP where there is a good fit among the players and an open door for those who have similar interests when they have the time to play.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Consuelo
SL Name: Consuelo Albanese
Role: Kajira

Postby Consuelo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:13 pm

1. No.
2. No.
3. Sometimes.

I play a slave, and it has been my experience that free character players are seldom interested in what slaves do as long as their tea is hot and the booze is strong. In the past, the few times I have tried generating story lines, the plots fell flat on their arses the moment a raid occured or a visitor arrived demanding drink. As time progressed the effort to push a story line seemed less and less worthwhile. Now, I just play my part and try and have some fun.
"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."
Steven Tyler
All Sunday
SL Name: wannabeslave
Home Stone: Kaelus

Postby All Sunday » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:28 pm

Yeah dammit. I engaged several people and got a damn load of rp. As a slave I had several excuses to go bothering other slaves and avoiding free people and I give information from other stories when possible giving ropes to others should they meet the person I spoke about.

For the moment yes, I am quite taken but I am sure at one point I won't give a hoot. It's fine like that. RL happens and I expect no whining for that.

I am not an event fan though I have nothing against it. I don't have the patience nor the attention span required to organize anything. I can help noobs and give insights to people looking for help but that's it.
Most events end up also getting so much people that unless you have something really to do there it becomes pointless. I been the principal attraction to once with a lot to say... nasty still. I could not respond to everyone and their emotes were still huge with no consideration that IT WAS NOT BEST TIME TO PARA with one person to answer. :pissed:
Rei Nori
SL Name: Rei Nori
Role: Amabassador
Home Stone: Tharna

Postby Rei Nori » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:15 pm

Yes, I do at least my part to create RP.

Erhm..... Sometimes. I get caught in in OOC admin stuff a lot. Between moderating, fundraising, helping noobs, a lot of my time vanishes. When I do get back IC, I still have friends to touch basis with, and I make time to support the RP of others in the group. ((Ok, I do not really have the time... I just NC that I do))

Yes events and big storylines are important I think. Gor is so scattered right now, and events are a good way to bring some of the wanderers back for a time. They tend to give a sense of purpose to people, and build a sense community.

Groups on the other hand, are double edged sword. Like building a sim, groups are relatively easy to create, but much more difficult to make viable, and toughest of all is letting them go when the they fail to thrive.

Return to “Debate It.”