Women: How much RP do you expect from your companion/owner?

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

How much time do you expect to get from your companion / owner ?

0 - 20% of your own RP time
19%
0 - 20% of your own RP time
19%
20 - 40% of your own RP time
13%
20 - 40% of your own RP time
13%
40 - 60% of your own RP time
9%
40 - 60% of your own RP time
9%
60 - 80% of your own RP time
6%
60 - 80% of your own RP time
6%
80 - 100% of your own RP time
3%
80 - 100% of your own RP time
3%

Total votes: 32
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Re: Women: How much RP do you expect from your companion/own

Postby Leah » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:13 pm

Elle Couerblanc wrote:Victor you have never played a female slave have you. :)

All kidding aside I completely agree that the slave character should at least make an effort to be on sim when you aren't around. But if the rp is limited to "go get me a drink, slave" whats the fun in that?

Yep, that's the issue. I've actually had people send me to corners of sims before to do "chores" or have been told "you have to stay in the house and not leave" due to something else that was going on (not something I did, some other RP that was occurring on sim). So there I am, by myself, unable to RP with anyone else.

It blows, quite frankly.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
All Sunday
SL Name: wannabeslave
Home Stone: Kaelus

Postby All Sunday » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:26 pm

Leah wrote:
Elle Couerblanc wrote:Victor you have never played a female slave have you. :)

All kidding aside I completely agree that the slave character should at least make an effort to be on sim when you aren't around. But if the rp is limited to "go get me a drink, slave" whats the fun in that?

Yep, that's the issue. I've actually had people send me to corners of sims before to do "chores" or have been told "you have to stay in the house and not leave" due to something else that was going on (not something I did, some other RP that was occurring on sim). So there I am, by myself, unable to RP with anyone else.

It blows, quite frankly.

It does, reason why I have an owner that does not annoy with such idiocies. She is not there I continue with the ideas she gives me and my own personal stuff. No crap.
Verity Canning
SL Name: Verity
Caste: Scribe
Role: Scribe of the Law
Home Stone: Kaelus

Postby Verity Canning » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:06 pm

To offer a flip side, Verity's companion willingly gives her around 75% of his time whether she asks for it or not.

My expectation is of course much less, as I'm good for around 30-40%.

Formerly when Verity was a slave for about 3 months, I think she got around 5 or maybe 10%, if lucky, of her owner's time. So close to non-existent presence means I'd rather own myself.
Kiana Kuhr
SL Name: Kiana Kuhr
Role: RL, mostly

Postby Kiana Kuhr » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:29 am

Victor. wrote:[

I'd honestly prefer B if I can choose freely. Because it takes the same line as the whole concept of not wanting to be the owner of a slave that is only known to ME and completely alien to the rest of the sim I am playing on.

I really couldn't care less if someone knows my character's slave, so I can't say I understand where you are coming from. Actually, currently, in my storylines I'd rather they not know my character's slaves. Would be much easier to get done what I need to get done in this storyline. :lol:

In all seriousness, I'd rather the player be happy when I am not around or when I am otherwise occupied with different RP. If it means playing the same character that they play with me, that is great. If not, I am cool with it too. I tend to enjoy my "side alts" that I sometimes play for fun and for a different RP perspective so it wouldn't be my personal preference to have my character's slave only stick with her slave character when I am not around.
Sometimes our power resides not in what we do, but in what we don't do.
-Paulo Coelho
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:11 am

Auron Gravus wrote:
Victor. wrote:[

I'd honestly prefer B if I can choose freely. Because it takes the same line as the whole concept of not wanting to be the owner of a slave that is only known to ME and completely alien to the rest of the sim I am playing on.

I really couldn't care less if someone knows my character's slave, so I can't say I understand where you are coming from. Actually, currently, in my storylines I'd rather they not know my character's slaves. Would be much easier to get done what I need to get done in this storyline. :lol:

In all seriousness, I'd rather the player be happy when I am not around or when I am otherwise occupied with different RP. If it means playing the same character that they play with me, that is great. If not, I am cool with it too. I tend to enjoy my "side alts" that I sometimes play for fun and for a different RP perspective so it wouldn't be my personal preference to have my character's slave only stick with her slave character when I am not around.

Because I'm practical like that and if my RP partner plays her slave character, who I own, even when I am not around - chances are I occasionally get sucked into storylines I'd normally have steered away from. ;)

Of course it usually blows up in my face cause storylines that really involve another man's slave usually gyrate around the same being kidnapped on a bi-weekly basis :roll:

But still! In the utopia-of-expectations, it'd be my happy place.

Then again, playing an alt when the other is not around, has tremendous advantages as well, so it's really a matter of conviction I guess.
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:59 am

I don't read "expectations" as others owing something. For me it is the communication of my "wants" to the other party. If they decide for some reason they can't meet my expectations they don't change. They are simply unfulfilled.

Luckily my RP partner answered 75% when I asked this question of him but I think a large part of that is something Victor mentioned. Each person is pulling their own weight and bringing new RP opportunities to the table that the other party might not have discovered or attempted if left to their own devices.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait

Return to “Debate It.”