Women: How much RP do you expect from your companion/owner?

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

How much time do you expect to get from your companion / owner ?

0 - 20% of your own RP time
19%
0 - 20% of your own RP time
19%
20 - 40% of your own RP time
13%
20 - 40% of your own RP time
13%
40 - 60% of your own RP time
9%
40 - 60% of your own RP time
9%
60 - 80% of your own RP time
6%
60 - 80% of your own RP time
6%
80 - 100% of your own RP time
3%
80 - 100% of your own RP time
3%

Total votes: 32
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Re: Women: How much RP do you expect from your companion/own

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:09 pm

Darby Bradley wrote:I think my point is, and I think I have one somewhere in there, that it's okay to let people know-blatantly-that you desire role-play with them. They can bite or not. What have you lost if they don't? Nothing.

Exactly. Make your desire or needs known and if doesn't work out move on as quietly as possible LOL.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
FeorieFrimon
SL Name: Feorie Frimon

Postby FeorieFrimon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:46 pm

Well said ladies!!! :)

Are either of you in Rasenna? Lets RP!! :)
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:15 am

I think there's a difference between what someone expects and what they want. Expecting something implies that you are owed it, whereas wanting something just means that you want it. Do I want ALL of my RP partner's time? Yeah. But I'd be selfish and a fool to expect to have even half.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Victualia
SL Name: Victualia
Caste: barbarian
Role: Panther
Home Stone: Sa Vella

Postby Victualia » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:24 am

Elle Couerblanc wrote:
Exactly. Make your desire or needs known and if doesn't work out move on as quietly as possible LOL.

I confess, that is my weak spot. I rarely start an IM and always try to approach in role-play. I do not have a huge friends list, in fact I do delete it completely the moment I leave a place and start new as I do not talk to people OOC anyway, except I have an OOC friendship, which happens once in a year.

I am quiet a shy person, even when it seems I am not :oops:

I always think, if I can't impress them with my role-play and make them want to see more, then I am the wrong person for them :pft:
Torrid Streeter
Busty McModsalot
SL Name: Torrid
Role: Devil's Advocate

Postby Torrid Streeter » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:38 pm

Elle Couerblanc wrote:
Darby Bradley wrote:I think my point is, and I think I have one somewhere in there, that it's okay to let people know-blatantly-that you desire role-play with them. They can bite or not. What have you lost if they don't? Nothing.

Couldn't agree more with you both!
Ridicule is the first and last argument of fools.
Charles Simmons
Torrid Streeter
Busty McModsalot
SL Name: Torrid
Role: Devil's Advocate

Postby Torrid Streeter » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:47 pm

Victualia wrote:
Victor. wrote:
Truth be told, I don't know how I'd translate that whole topic of how much time one expects from an owner/companion to your role as a panther.

Well a Panther can easily be enslaved, then there would be an Owner. Perhaps I answer it for myself, because it is the utmost fear I have to be back in a role I can't really embrace or enjoy. Since I am Panther I have the first time the 3 days cap rule in my profile. I never played with it, but this kind of questions reminded me why I put it in there to avoid the situations where I am depended on other peoples role-play :D

!

Well its always a safety net to play a captive for three days then return to being a panther. I know. I did it for a couple of years.

Being a captive, KNOWING that no matter happens, in three days you will return unscathed and to the same position is not the same as a panther collared and being made into a slave.

Also having a captor who wishes to take your panther and make her into a slave is different then a person who knows in three days you are gone.It's very difficult to take a chance and go with the roleplay especially changing your role as a panther to slave.
( Apologies to side tracking O.P but had to comment on that)
Ridicule is the first and last argument of fools.
Charles Simmons
Kiana Kuhr
SL Name: Kiana Kuhr
Role: RL, mostly

Postby Kiana Kuhr » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:43 pm

I don't think expect and want are that much different in this sense. :D

If we are talking one on one time, 20% of total online time is reasonable. If we are talking RPing in group scenes together, I would hope it is more like 50%. Otherwise, why even bother? But, like Victor, I also expect any RP partners to make their own RP outside of our story too. I don't want to be the sole source of RP for anyone. And it is for this reason that I would even encourage someone to make an alt that is unrelated to our story if they tend to just sit and wait for me.
Sometimes our power resides not in what we do, but in what we don't do.
-Paulo Coelho
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:36 pm

Auron Gravus wrote:I don't think expect and want are that much different in this sense. :D

If we are talking one on one time, 20% of total online time is reasonable. If we are talking RPing in group scenes together, I would hope it is more like 50%. Otherwise, why even bother? But, like Victor, I also expect any RP partners to make their own RP outside of our story too. I don't want to be the sole source of RP for anyone. And it is for this reason that I would even encourage someone to make an alt that is unrelated to our story if they tend to just sit and wait for me.

Had just that situation not too long ago and I am the first to admit that if I had the choice between:

A) My RP partner plays with me and on another character when I am not here.

or

B) My RP partner plays with me and on the same character when I am not here.

I'd honestly prefer B if I can choose freely. Because it takes the same line as the whole concept of not wanting to be the owner of a slave that is only known to ME and completely alien to the rest of the sim I am playing on.
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:08 pm

Victor. wrote:
Auron Gravus wrote:I don't think expect and want are that much different in this sense. :D

Had just that situation not too long ago and I am the first to admit that if I had the choice between:

A) My RP partner plays with me and on another character when I am not here.

or

B) My RP partner plays with me and on the same character when I am not here.

I'd honestly prefer B if I can choose freely. Because it takes the same line as the whole concept of not wanting to be the owner of a slave that is only known to ME and completely alien to the rest of the sim I am playing on.

@Auron I would say personally those stats are pretty close to what I see goes on my rp in general, even higher than that for group rp currently since the traffic of the sim that my slave character is a part of is not as high in US nights. Sometimes for me the one on one is even less than 20%. With a slave character, I could see it being higher than that when one plays on THAT character. So much of your story is integrated into your owners'.

Because of this I alt, proudly and well, either on other sims or even in other genres. Or I just tool around styling my avatar. I am still hoping for my rp dream in Gor of being in an arranged companionship where we each had very, very seperate love lives. Oh..the drama, scandal and intrigue this could create!

Victor you have never played a female slave have you. :)

All kidding aside I completely agree that the slave character should at least make an effort to be on sim when you aren't around. But if the rp is limited to "go get me a drink, slave" whats the fun in that?
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:10 pm

Elle Couerblanc wrote:Victor you have never played a female slave have you. :)

Is there a fucking campaign going on I am unaware of?! :?
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer

Return to “Debate It.”