Women: How much RP do you expect from your companion/owner?

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

How much time do you expect to get from your companion / owner ?

0 - 20% of your own RP time
19%
0 - 20% of your own RP time
19%
20 - 40% of your own RP time
13%
20 - 40% of your own RP time
13%
40 - 60% of your own RP time
9%
40 - 60% of your own RP time
9%
60 - 80% of your own RP time
6%
60 - 80% of your own RP time
6%
80 - 100% of your own RP time
3%
80 - 100% of your own RP time
3%

Total votes: 32
Tamara Shelter
SL Name: Tamara Shelter
Caste: none
Role: none
Home Stone: none
Owner: NONE!

Re: Women: How much RP do you expect from your companion/own

Postby Tamara Shelter » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:57 am

I expect to be involved in his RP 50% of our common onlinetime and one 1v1 RP once a week.
Ice Bradley
SL Name: Bain Menna
Caste: Red Caste
Role: Warrior
Home Stone: Tarnwald
Owner: Real life
AkA: Ice Bradley

Postby Ice Bradley » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:11 am

DarbyDollinger wrote:You're in Rasenna are you, Torrid?

Last night I logged in. Etienne was naked and apparently "covered in feces" outside my tent. I logged out and went back to bed.

He took a dumb in Ice's cabin, so Ice knocked him out and removed his pants to use to clean the cabin with lol
there's those thinking more or less less is more
but if less is more how you're keeping score?
Means for every point you make
your level drops
kinda like its starting from the top
you can't do that...
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:22 am

Keiser Koba wrote:A pretty impossible question to answer. It would depend on how your relationship is, wouldn't it? If it's "just RP" and no feelings involved neither from your character or you the typist, and just some arrangement that came about because RP took you there, you won't have the same expectations as if you actually meet someone that you "click" with and develop feelings for, IC as well as OOC.

I mean, I have as a captain and sim owner owned 6 slaves and had a FC at the same time, and I could off course not spend much time with all of them. Some of them I hardly met even and it was "just RP". Other times I have been so madly in love that I have almost jeopardized my RL marriage, spending like like 95% om my online time, about 16 hours per day, with her.

We might not always agree but I appreciate the candor of your posts.

I think you are right regarding OOC determining some of those expectations although I will admit I've had months of "just RP" in an extended storyline where I easily got the bulk of the other persons time online without an OOC relationship.

@Auron
I wouldn't call them big fat liars but I admit this thread has been a source of amusement. I honestly don't know how you can grow in a role spending so little time with an RP partner. I also really really like my companion. It isn't even for OOC reasons. He is still one of the most fun people to play with in Gor so that factors into me being pretty greedy too. I wouldn't hook up ICly with someone I didn't enjoy a lot and who didn't want to spend time in RP with me.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Dren Bernard
SL Name: Dren Bernard
Caste: Physician's
Role: On sabatical
Home Stone: Salernum

Women: How much RP do you expect from your companion/owner?

Postby Dren Bernard » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:08 am

Sadly percentages only tell you so much. 80% of an hour a week is far less than 20% daily. Question is what is a real minimum of time you would want from an RP partner on a weekly basis?
Dren & Kait's Gorean Physician's resource:
http://teslikandsiproot.webs.com/
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:21 am

Not like men were asked to begin with, but I'd like to mention something that - to me - is as important as roleplaying with one another.

I expect my slave or companion to roleplay when I am NOT around. I expect her to be around enough for others to know her, to build relationships with her in the sim I chose to spend my time in and to get creatively involved in sim-wide and personal story lines as much as her time allows her to.

I am not interested in owning someone who only signs on when I do, who then expects 1on1. I am interested in a person who holds her own in a sim.

Now as that went a little OT: Timewise, I don't know. Hard to gauge. If we spend 50 % of our time online with one another in 1on1 scenes and the rest with others (whether together or not) I'm usually a happy camper.

Things start to burn me out when it's all 1on1 though. I am not one to cope too well with isolation in that regard, I need to feel like I am part of a living, breathing RP environment and that things happen around me even when I am NOT actively forcing the pace.
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:44 am

Victor. wrote:Not like men were asked to begin with, but I'd like to mention something that - to me - is as important as roleplaying with one another.

I expect my slave or companion to roleplay when I am NOT around. I expect her to be around enough for others to know her, to build relationships with her in the sim I chose to spend my time in and to get creatively involved in sim-wide and personal story lines as much as her time allows her to.

I am not interested in owning someone who only signs on when I do, who then expects 1on1. I am interested in a person who holds her own in a sim.

Now as that went a little OT: Timewise, I don't know. Hard to gauge. If we spend 50 % of our time online with one another in 1on1 scenes and the rest with others (whether together or not) I'm usually a happy camper.

Things start to burn me out when it's all 1on1 though. I am not one to cope too well with isolation in that regard, I need to feel like I am part of a living, breathing RP environment and that things happen around me even when I am NOT actively forcing the pace.

Nice post. Love the bit that I bolded.

Once upon a time... Kait
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:48 am

Dren Bernard wrote:Sadly percentages only tell you so much. 80% of an hour a week is far less than 20% daily. Question is what is a real minimum of time you would want from an RP partner on a weekly basis?

I think it gets difficult when you have limited availability. You and I have talked about this quite a bit. There seems to almost be an inverse relationship. The smaller amount of time you have to devote to SL due to RL constraints the more time slaves/companions seem to demand.

Once upon a time... Kait
Victualia
SL Name: Victualia
Caste: barbarian
Role: Panther
Home Stone: Sa Vella

Postby Victualia » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:10 am

Victor. wrote:I expect my slave or companion to roleplay when I am NOT around. I expect her to be around enough for others to know her, to build relationships with her in the sim I chose to spend my time in and to get creatively involved in sim-wide and personal story lines as much as her time allows her to.

When she chooses freely the role of a slave then yeah, that would be surely the best scenario. If she is settled in her status, knows the don'ts and dos and has other people on the sim who are engaging a slave into role play it would be perfect.

But that is mostly not how it happens. When Victualia was started in Treve, she was collared to a man, who was actually seeing her one hour a week. It was never even time to clear up where she sleeps, what she was supposed to do, what kind of slave... nothing.. nada... all she was then doing was to train herself, which is for someone like me like hell on earth. It was frustrating and a waste of time (not his fault though, it was the circumstances).

Now I am happy with what I am, I can create my own role-play, can travel, can hunt, can fight, can do whatever I want to do. If someone would drag me to another sim and force me to stay and change my role, he best be prepared to invest his SL time into me :mrgreen:
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:21 am

Victualia wrote:
Victor. wrote:I expect my slave or companion to roleplay when I am NOT around. I expect her to be around enough for others to know her, to build relationships with her in the sim I chose to spend my time in and to get creatively involved in sim-wide and personal story lines as much as her time allows her to.

When she chooses freely the role of a slave then yeah, that would be surely the best scenario. If she is settled in her status, knows the don'ts and dos and has other people on the sim who are engaging a slave into role play it would be perfect.

But that is mostly not how it happens. When Victualia was started in Treve, she was collared to a man, who was actually seeing her one hour a week. It was never even time to clear up where she sleeps, what she was supposed to do, what kind of slave... nothing.. nada... all she was then doing was to train herself, which is for someone like me like hell on earth. It was frustrating and a waste of time (not his fault though, it was the circumstances).

Now I am happy with what I am, I can create my own role-play, can travel, can hunt, can fight, can do whatever I want to do. If someone would drag me to another sim and force me to stay and change my role, he best be prepared to invest his SL time into me :mrgreen:

I don't see how whether or not that slave character has submitted freely or was forced into her collar plays any significant role in what I said, really.

I often thought the proverb "It takes a village to raise a child" can easily be translated to "It takes a village to train a slave" for Gorean RP. If the guy who collared you doesn't have the time to groom you into the slave he wants you to become, someone in the place you're playing in - will.

The boons of a community, if you want so. Though of course, it's rather moronic to have a slave if your RL doesn't allow you to indulge in RP really. Might as well be one of those guys who actually make use of slavers and brothels that are only gathering dust in SL Gor to begin with. ;)
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Victualia
SL Name: Victualia
Caste: barbarian
Role: Panther
Home Stone: Sa Vella

Postby Victualia » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:26 am

Victor. wrote:I don't see how whether or not that slave character has submitted freely or was forced into her collar plays any significant role in what I said, really.

I think it is very significant if you play a role you like and enjoy or play a role because you have to, where you struggle and hate it
Victor. wrote:I often thought the proverb "It takes a village to raise a child" can easily be translated to "It takes a village to train a slave" for Gorean RP. If the guy who collared you doesn't have the time to groom you into the slave he wants you to become, someone in the place you're playing in - will.

Let me guess, you never made an Alt and tried the role, did you? :mrgreen:
Victor. wrote:The boons of a community, if you want so. Though of course, it's rather moronic to have a slave if your RL doesn't allow you to indulge in RP really. Might as well be one of those guys who actually make use of slavers and brothels that are only gathering dust in SL Gor to begin with. ;)

As I said, it was not his fault, I run into him and we could not know that moment that our online times do not match.

Return to “Debate It.”