Women: How much RP do you expect from your companion/owner?

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

How much time do you expect to get from your companion / owner ?

0 - 20% of your own RP time
19%
0 - 20% of your own RP time
19%
20 - 40% of your own RP time
13%
20 - 40% of your own RP time
13%
40 - 60% of your own RP time
9%
40 - 60% of your own RP time
9%
60 - 80% of your own RP time
6%
60 - 80% of your own RP time
6%
80 - 100% of your own RP time
3%
80 - 100% of your own RP time
3%

Total votes: 32
All Sunday
SL Name: wannabeslave
Home Stone: Kaelus

Re: Women: How much RP do you expect from your companion/own

Postby All Sunday » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:38 am

Dren Bernard wrote:Sadly percentages only tell you so much. 80% of an hour a week is far less than 20% daily. Question is what is a real minimum of time you would want from an RP partner on a weekly basis?

Trust me, if you are with a viable rper it will be worth it. I do however have a wider 20% on my weekly total. Once a week of a nice 4 hour rp would be really well received.
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:56 am

Victualia wrote:
I think it is very significant if you play a role you like and enjoy or play a role because you have to, where you struggle and hate it

Let me guess, you never made an Alt and tried the role, did you? :mrgreen:

As I said, it was not his fault, I run into him and we could not know that moment that our online times do not match.

Truth be told, I don't know how I'd translate that whole topic of how much time one expects from an owner/companion to your role as a panther.

So it's probably not the right question to ask one, to begin with.

I usually give people playing slaves and particularly my slave the benefit of doubt when it comes to ENJOYING the whole idea of slavery, involuntarily or not - so these "expectations" kind of stand, no matter how he/she came to end up in bondage.

And no, unfortunately I never made a slave alt - I definitely should, once! ;)
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Victualia
SL Name: Victualia
Caste: barbarian
Role: Panther
Home Stone: Sa Vella

Postby Victualia » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:16 am

Victor. wrote:
Truth be told, I don't know how I'd translate that whole topic of how much time one expects from an owner/companion to your role as a panther.

Well a Panther can easily be enslaved, then there would be an Owner. Perhaps I answer it for myself, because it is the utmost fear I have to be back in a role I can't really embrace or enjoy. Since I am Panther I have the first time the 3 days cap rule in my profile. I never played with it, but this kind of questions reminded me why I put it in there to avoid the situations where I am depended on other peoples role-play :D

Victor. wrote:

You will be surprised, I bet!
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:24 am

Victualia wrote:
Victor. wrote:

Well a Panther can easily be enslaved, then there would be an Owner. Perhaps I answer it for myself, because it is the utmost fear I have to be back in a role I can't really embrace or enjoy. Since I am Panther I have the first time the 3 days cap rule in my profile. I never played with it, but this kind of questions reminded me why I put it in there to avoid the situations where I am depended on other peoples role-play :D

Victor. wrote:

You will be surprised, I bet!

There is no owner, there is no slave - there is a captor and a captive and after 3 days even that evaporates.

Sounds depressingly hollow, but to each their own.
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Victualia
SL Name: Victualia
Caste: barbarian
Role: Panther
Home Stone: Sa Vella

Postby Victualia » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:32 am

Victor. wrote:
Sounds depressingly hollow, but to each their own.

Being a slave IS depressingly hollow for me, I will tell you when I found out about the Panther role :mrgreen:

If you need help to get a decent pretty female Alt without spending too much Linden, poke me in SL :egrin:
FeorieFrimon
SL Name: Feorie Frimon

Postby FeorieFrimon » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:51 am

Auron Gravus wrote:I think 90% of you women in this thread are big fat liars. :lol:

Now now, Auron...this thread says 'expect'...not 'want'. :)

If I'm involved in a story line with anyone, I want to play it out obviously. The more time, the better. But this is suppose to be fun, not a chore, and sometimes RL has to be handled first....

My last companion I had IC RPed a long term story line with me for over a year, and we logged two + hours at least every other day working on it.

I had a slave once that we shared a story line that I RPed for an hour or two almost every evening for a few months furthering.

Truth be told, a lot of those hours were RPing with him, but a lot of those hours were RPing with his slaves, our characters mutual friends and enemies, etc. So its kinda hard to judge exactly the percentage I was expecting, you know?

On a side note, 'family style' rp makes it easy to keep the story going without having to be there 100% of the time.
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:45 pm

@Feorie - that's how I read it as well. Expect is different from a want - it's like minimum to keep my interest going. But then again I am a fan of group scenes too. Guess I am not as devoted a player as some out there. *sigh*. Particularly during the week I am just simply too tired to RP and if it's past 8pm SLT you can forget about getting anything decent from me LOL.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Darby Bradley
SL Name: Darby Bradley
Caste: Shenanigan-er
Role: Tree-hugger
Home Stone: Who the hell knows.
Owner: Shiny Things
AkA: Darby Bradley

Postby Darby Bradley » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:04 pm

I think the question was 'How much time to you EXPECT?, not How much time do you WANT?' Those are two different beasts.

How much do I expect? As long as I feel like the story is still going somewhere, I'm content. That depends on the other person, though. Some men can make you feel like you've rp'd for hours in ten minutes and some can leave you wanting more after ten hours.

How much do I want? ALLLLL of it!
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:27 pm

Darby Bradley wrote:I think the question was 'How much time to you EXPECT?, not How much time do you WANT?' Those are two different beasts.

How much do I expect? As long as I feel like the story is still going somewhere, I'm content. That depends on the other person, though. Some men can make you feel like you've rp'd for hours in ten minutes and some can leave you wanting more after ten hours.

Yeah and how much I want varies from week to week. Right now I am feeling a surge of creativity with my blog therefore RP will take a back door for a few days. When the weekend comes around though I will be in Rasenna in one form or another. I feel like Gorean players have a really hard time believing that it can be the MAN who wants and wants and wants (This is not aimed at you Darby) - your time in his presence when he is online. The "blame the female player" attitude is rampant in SL gor and at times is a major reason why I lose interest.

My current IC owner is really fab though. He's a great friend and lots fun to rp with.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Darby Bradley
SL Name: Darby Bradley
Caste: Shenanigan-er
Role: Tree-hugger
Home Stone: Who the hell knows.
Owner: Shiny Things
AkA: Darby Bradley

Postby Darby Bradley » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:06 pm

Elle Couerblanc wrote:
Darby Bradley wrote:I think the question was 'How much time to you EXPECT?, not How much time do you WANT?' Those are two different beasts.

Yeah and how much I want varies from week to week. Right now I am feeling a surge of creativity with my blog therefore RP will take a back door for a few days. When the weekend comes around though I will be in Rasenna in one form or another. I feel like Gorean players have a really hard time believing that it can be the MAN who wants and wants and wants (This is not aimed at you Darby) - your time in his presence when he is online. The "blame the female player" attitude is rampant in SL gor and at times is a major reason why I lose interest.

My current IC owner is really fab though. He's a great friend and lots fun to rp with.

No, I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think it's a false sentiment entirely. Wanting to be the center of your role-play partner's world is natural for men and women. The problem is how the majority of women handle themselves oocly when that doesn't happen. Our choices are more limited than by virtue of an uneven population so when a man isn't getting the attention he wants it's not big deal. There are 4,567,345 other women willing to give him that attention so he drops a bitch and moves on. Women, on the other hand (most, not all), who don't have 4,567,345 other men in their IMs offering role-play, are forced to resort to sickening lengths to get /his/ attention. If passive aggressive attempts don't work (whining, bitching, sighing), there's always the age old "I've been capped! Come save me!" or some other catastrophe that will prompt him to the rescue. I've seen this same behavior in men, but it usually manifests in IM's to let you know about this awesome new girl he just ran into and how great her rp is in some twisted desire to make you regret not dropping what you were doing when he logged in. ((Yes, guys are whiny betches too!))

It's all so exhausting! I have no problems letting a man know I want to role-play with him. Sometimes I'll toss the ball to somebody I don't even know, especially if I see a lone person on sim. I usually try to invoke the Gorce to convince him or her. The Im goes..."*waves her hand* You /want/ to come role-play with me." I mostly stop at one IM. Two max. Unless I send three.

I think my point is, and I think I have one somewhere in there, that it's okay to let people know-blatantly-that you desire role-play with them. They can bite or not. What have you lost if they don't? Nothing.

Return to “Debate It.”