Black Caste declining in standards, debate!

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!
Sabina Takakura
SL Name: WAT.
Caste: Hobo
Role: Zombie Killer
Home Stone: My cat.
Owner: Reddit.

Re: Black Caste declining in standards, debate!

Postby Sabina Takakura » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:41 pm

Dren Bernard wrote:
It was most encouraging to see a BC recently who had in his RP rules something about not accepting perma-death as he had spent too much time and money on his avi. That position statement goes for anyone with a proud long standing history in SL Gor. I know that may not be "gor realistic" but there are OOC considerations as well when a long history is build up over years, let alone all the Linden.

Not to derail the conversation, but this I don't understand.
When the character dies, it isn't as if your entire inventory is wiped. I don't even want to know what I've spent on my current avatar, but I've played multiple characters in multiple genres on her. I don't lose anything. It's all still there.

As for the "long and proud history" I dunno. I don't find that as a roleplayer appealing. You may be proud of it, and that's cool, but it doesn't add anything in the general sense. I had someone say recently "Oh well I used to be ubar of XYZ" and my response both IC and OOC was "Ok." - It doesn't change the interaction I'm having with you now.
I do get it, history is hard to let go of, but there is nothing at all stopping you from re-rolling as your characters son/daughter/grandson, etc. The history doesn't go away. It still exists.
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Re: Black Caste declining in standards, debate!

Postby Sasi » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:33 pm

What Sabina said.... I played myself many characters with my avatars, so, I never lost the content of my inventory.

I have myself an issue with many people who play still the same character since years. When Character X has been ubar of city X, administrator of city Z, commander in city B, head slaver in city A, etc etc, pledging another home stone every time they change sim, etc etc, sorry, it's totally unrealistic. Caste and home stone velcro.

As for being killed by an assassin, for me, accepting a perm death would entirely depend of the storyline in which I am involved. And I would expect the assassin playing with me for at least some days, before performing the kill, and showing some creativity. Else, well, another unfortunate FW would have been killed, too bad....

Return to “Debate It.”