2%
Other
2%

Total votes: 44
alana
SL Name: alana quicksand

Re: Red or Black Caste?

Postby alana » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:29 am

Well, let me see. I thought of it this way....If I had a choice of rping with or around Red Caste or Black Caste, who would I prefer?

The answer is the person most fun to RP around!

However, I have heard complaints from more than one slave about the RP when not with the BC being nothing but serving drinks then being expected to stay in total silence, while the free do their thing.

I have an alt that has since left Gor. (At one time, my Master owned this alt, as an alt of his. He is fully aware of my alts and their activities, I am way too lazy to keep track of who knows what!) She was constantly sent off by the FG of the city to do *chores* by herself, forcing her to leave the active RP. Because in some cities the girls that are not with their Masters fall under the FG's jurisdiction...sInce her master is sworn to the homestone...etc. This did not allow my character to even learn the background of the other characters to be able interact in the future.

As a BC slave no one ever sent me anywhere out of the RP. I was able to occasionaly 'hang crepe' and hopefully contribute to the environment, of suspense or fun to the scene. It just gave me a better RP experience.

So for me, given 2 unknowns...one an Assassin, the other a Warrior...who do you think that I would choose? :lips:
Retreat from reality ~ The substitution of the imaginary for the real.
~I know a lot more than you think, but I keep it to myself to save arguments~
Part of the 1%, lucky me! Must suck to be you. :poke:
iJudas

Postby iJudas » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:39 am

Cor wrote:I would say the assassins, since nearly most of the assassins I have played with are exceptional role-players.

Bingo! And that's it in nutshell.
NoneSpecified

Postby NoneSpecified » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:57 am

Cor wrote:If it's the archetype, I'd definitely say Warriors are fatter, slower, and far lazier than assassins. By comparison, the Assassin is a master craftsman, like a musician or surgeon, whereas the Warrior is a loutish brute with the manners of a baboon. If it's the player base, I would say the Assassins, since nearly most of the Assassins I have played with are exceptional role-players.

Fixed. :D
Conall
SL Name: Conall DeCuir
Role: Torvaldslander

Postby Conall » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:49 am

--Raven-- wrote:
Cor wrote:If it's the archetype, I'd definitely say Warriors are fatter, slower, and far lazier than assassins. By comparison, the Assassin is a master craftsman, like a musician or surgeon, whereas the Warrior is a loutish brute with the manners of a baboon. If it's the player base, I would say the Assassins, since nearly most of the Assassins I have played with are exceptional role-players.

Fixed. :D

:roll:
"You have your Odin and i have mine"
Aphris
SL Name: Aphris Myoo
Role: Yearkeeper & Trader
Home Stone: Kataii

Postby Aphris » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:57 am

Cor wrote:I would say the assassins, since nearly most of the assassins I have played with are exceptional role-players.

Probably you have played with trained assassins mostly, the ones I know from there are indeed in majority excellent role players. Problem of some of them that they know it and that expresses in arrogance and demeaning behaviour to lesser role players But honestly I am not totally free of such behaviour myself too.
However, assassins are a popular role, and I have seen a lot of morons in black too. Noobs calling themselves Master assassin. So the role attracts a lot of wannabee killers.
She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Image
Neekoh

Postby Neekoh » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:50 am

black+red

clan.
:egrin:
Pelopidas
SL Name: Dion Diavolo

Postby Pelopidas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:57 am

Rob Escape, back in the day, had this picture in his profile, commenting "Red Caste till the end".

Return to “Assassins”