Total votes: 44
Kylar
SL Name: Kylar
Caste: Artisans
Role: Struggling Artist
Home Stone: Salernum

Red or Black Caste?

Postby Kylar » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:32 pm

Ok, not really a serious post, but....we've all heard there was no love lost between the Red Caste and the Black Caste. We see it in rp, when we come across each other. But who is the best, and why?! I'll start the ball rolling.

Black Caste are better because they offer efficiency and anonymity. They never deviate from their task and they don't spend 99% of their time lounging under trees or up to buried to the hilt in pussy when in the taverns!!!

Over to you!!

:ninja:
'Englund is my thirst langwedge and I try to speek it like wot you do but aym knot very gud at it. Fank Ewe'
Shai_arr
SL Name: Shai Colman
Caste: Black Caste
Role: scripter of sorts

Re: Red or Black Caste?

Postby Shai_arr » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:46 pm

would it surprise you if I said 'black caste'

For myself it has nothing to do with behavior in roleplay just the roleplay itself wich is far more intens. A scarlet is quite safe in his city, a black caste gets to fear betrayel or wichever else any place he is. He simply never really has a place to put his feet up and lay asside his weapons for a quick drink and a hard rump

regards
Shai's MUN
Blackcaste
In the temple of love-shine like thunder
In the temple of love-cry like rain
In the temple of love-hear my calling
In the temple of love-hear my name
-sisters of mercy, temple of love-
Adoveea Rau
SL Name: Adoveea Rau
Caste: Builder
AkA: Lady

Postby Adoveea Rau » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:30 pm

Red Caste
Because a majority of the red caste leaders turned into black caste when they got discouraged or wanted a change of pace in their roleplay, or to be more blunt from 2 years ago, get away from the demands of the women and the overwhelming pace of outlaw females, panthers mercs.blah blah.
It takes more roleplay to do red caste properly, and you're responsible for more then just yourself-like the land you live in and those folks in it if you are a warrior of a city.
Black caste is only responsible for themselves and the one contract they have to fill. That's it.
I'm more worried about a red caste warrior then I am about killers. I know what to expect from a killer, he's going to be on a contract to kill me or not. A red caste warrior? His codes allow him to be much more dangerous, and unpredictable, I step more carefully around warriors.
Reputation is what others know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself.
Sempati
SL Name: Revenge Sempati
Caste: Warrior
Role: Dirty old man
Home Stone: Old Cardonicus

Postby Sempati » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:21 pm

I actually voted Other, simply because in realm of RP it tends to be a toss up depending on which member of either caste you come across, each caste has its strong people and its weak people. Both have a strict code that they should live by, both suffer thru betrayal and death, and both are a challenge to play to the true depth of the character. Merely strapping on a blade and wearing black or scarlet does not make you of either caste.

Of course I side more with the Scarlet though as that is what I am and have that bias. As Adoveea mentioned a Scarlet has to think about the greater good of his homestone, to put that above his personal motivations, and to need to consider every man that enters their city as to which one will create an issue. I will have to agree that many warriors today tend to indulge in slaves and drinks more often than their duty, but I have also come across 'assassins' that have no issue doing the same or taking gold from target to reverse a contract. :facepalm:
“I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.”
“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
Bruce Lee
Stephania Vuckovic
SL Name: Ania
Caste: Rencer
Role: Meh's Woman
Home Stone: Port Kar

Postby Stephania Vuckovic » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:21 pm

DUDE LOW CASTE FOR THE WIN!
Conall
SL Name: Conall DeCuir
Role: Torvaldslander

Postby Conall » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:23 pm

Red Caste of course
and i have to agree with what Dove wrote for the rest and could only repeat her words.
"You have your Odin and i have mine"
Sidney
SL Name: Sid

Postby Sidney » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:21 pm

/me blinks in confusion. There is a difference? They all look the same bound on their bellies. *Smiles with imperfect teeth*
Sempati
SL Name: Revenge Sempati
Caste: Warrior
Role: Dirty old man
Home Stone: Old Cardonicus

Postby Sempati » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:33 pm

Warriors laugh more
“I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.”
“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
Bruce Lee
Carter
SL Name: ***

Postby Carter » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:50 pm

Adoveea Rau wrote:Red Caste
It takes more roleplay to do red caste properly, and you're responsible for more then just yourself-like the land you live in and those folks in it if you are a warrior of a city.
Black caste is only responsible for themselves and the one contract they have to fill. That's it. .

Whats she says.. red caste are more inclusive of others, have a role others rely on and they contribute more effectively in a gorean community.

Black Caste are very insular, contribute less to a community in general and do as they please without any real reference to others.

Of course these are generalisations and not directed at specific individuals
Aphris
SL Name: Aphris Myoo
Role: Yearkeeper & Trader
Home Stone: Kataii

Postby Aphris » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:07 pm

We have no Red nor Black Caste, still someone of Turia placed an enlistment poster at a wagon, which gave a reaction of an outrider which met them at the love wars.

Red Caste.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Image

Return to “Assassins”