For those we have loved...and lost...
MammaKittie
SL Name: Grrrrr
Caste: Always Kittie
Home Stone: Right now in a world of pretty
Owner: Please...as if

Ladina Fauna

Postby MammaKittie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:35 am

I haven't seen this noted anywhere so for all who knew her; especially all of the old Gor farts from Glorious Ar, Ko-ro-ba, etc...Ladina has passed away. I'm not sure of the details surrounding her death or whether there will be any type of mermorial service in SL. If anyone does have more information, I would encourage you to post it here.
Garrgon
SL Name: Garrgon
Owner: Zira keeps me in her pocket.

Re: Ladina Fauna

Postby Garrgon » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:53 am

Got this off another forum:

Notice from Gorean Portal Radio and the Ubar Scar Statosky:

June 30, 2011

Today, the Angels in the City of Dust received a new member. Our ladina passed away at about 11:00 AM Eastern Standard Time. There are no words for the feelings just now of losing yet another one of our own from the City of Ko-ro-ba. I will miss her at my feet. I thank each and every one of you for your support during these trying months, weeks, and days, and for your vigilant thoughts and prayers.

She went peacefully, I am told. She was surrounded by her closest friends at the very end.
Nope. Nope. Nevermind.
sparkle
SL Name: sparkle
Role: slave
Home Stone: wandering...
Owner: Master RavingRob Radek

Postby sparkle » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:44 pm

softly.... The City of Ko-ro-ba .. will be having a Memorial Service .. Saturday 8th July. (the time has not yet been published. Ladina .. has also asked to have her memorial space placed inthe Ko-Ro-Ba memorial Garden.. alongside the beautiful kajirae gone before her.. marci and talena. The Memorial Garden is beautiful to visit and to remember, celebrate the lives of those we have lost.

The Ubar has asked that gifts and memorial items be held for the moment, there is a picture of ladina already placed in the memorial garden.. but one thinks they will be setting out a memorial place properly within the garden prior to the memorial service.

"..softly feels the tears falling, prayers whispered for a wonderful kajira .. ladina ..now you will dance in the stars and we will see your beauty still, in the night sky, and feel the warmth of you in each sunrise. God bless, sleep sweetly ladina" this ones heart will hold her there always.
[i]"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances"[/i].
Benjamin Franklin
Sabriel

Postby Sabriel » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:19 pm

ladina will be greatly missed. I do not think I can point to a single other kajira that I know of in SL Gor that was quite like her. She was kind and generous, always. She derived pleasure in the service of others and gave wholly of herself. Even during her discussions on slavery in Ko-Ro-Ba when someone might disagree she was always fully of sweetness and firm understanding. She was a deeply compassionate soul and our community will not quite be the same without her.
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:35 pm

She will be missed greatly. From the the way she handled herself in her role to her efficient and helpful coordination of events for GPR.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
sparkle

Postby sparkle » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:39 am

Dance Eternally Ladina

Ladina .. a true kajira

If a picture paints a thousand words, her service created a thousand pictures.

God bless, Ladina .. you left footprints across many hearts

sparkle
[i]"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances"[/i].
Benjamin Franklin
Vivienne Daguerre
SL Name: Vivienne Daguerre
Caste: Merchant
Home Stone: Tancred's Landing

Postby Vivienne Daguerre » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:06 pm

I will miss ladina greatly. Words fail me.
Ceri the Urt
Urtastic!
SL Name: Ceri Kesten
Role: Being totally stinky.

Postby Ceri the Urt » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:25 am

I am so sorry for everyone's loss. My condolences for her family and friends.
Don't raise your voice, Improve your Argument.
sparkle

Postby sparkle » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:06 pm

softly, one believes the Memorial for beautiful Ladina will be Sat 9th Jul at 11:30am from the current information. It will be in the city of ko-ro-ba within the memorial gardens, where she asked to be with marci and talena, kajirae that we also lost. Sweep sleeps and dance in the stars kajirae.

sparkle
Benjamin Franklin
Anleifr
SL Name: Anleifr Resident
Home Stone: City of Edo

Postby Anleifr » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:27 am

I only recently found out about her passing. I knew her awhile back. She was generous and kind we sometimes discussed various topics during her radio show and off. I was very sad to find this out she is missed.

Return to “Memorials”