RIP Allison Cortes' You will be missed by all.

For those we have loved...and lost...
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Re: RIP Allison Cortes' You will be missed by all.

Postby Victor. » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:35 pm

Nathuram wrote:I still remember the moment where she told me about her fate..how i was speechless at the strength she showed, the way she accepted it..and worried about the well beeing of her family and friends more then herself. Allison was one of the most kind people I have ever had the honour to share a story with..so witty, so relaxed..and always able to put a smile on my face.

I will miss you Allison <3

[2011/01/27 13:08] Victor Klavinham: Hope the world isn't giving you too much grieve.
[2011/01/27 13:08] Victor Klavinham: ;)
[2011/01/27 13:09] Allison Cortes: nah, nothing i can't handle :)

Strength, once again - seems to be the common denominator. *sighs*
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Sacha
SL Name: Resident Resident

Postby Sacha » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:53 pm

Wow, talk about losing touch....

It seems I did know Allison but time and distance I didn't realize that my character had owned one of her alts. That said, I will say that Allison was one of the most intensely kind people I have met. Her sense of fun and story brought out such a strong presence to the game and made SL such an enjoyable place. I feel wrecked that with distance I totally lost track of her. You'll be missed.
This should be interesting.
~pancake~
SL Name: Linnet, Linx,
Role: OOC
AkA: Pinkie Pie

Postby ~pancake~ » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:09 pm

For any who hadn't had a chance to read this brave woman's blog

http://allison41.wordpress.com/

and the thread here where she first talked about that

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=2521&hilit=choices#p61619
Skyes Jarvinen
SL Name: skyes
Role: slave
Home Stone: BACK..okay only part time
Owner: Derven Baily

Postby Skyes Jarvinen » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:27 pm

“What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.” Richard Bach, (Illusions)
TreatRothschild
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius

Postby TreatRothschild » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:59 pm

Not sure I ever met her, inworld, I do remember her here. Each time I see one of these messages I get upset. I remember my first SL Loss, Valiant Strangelove, and how that affected me.

Sleep well, Allison.
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Tirza
SL Name: Tirza Ember
Owner: Josef Xaris

Postby Tirza » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:51 pm

I'm am truly sorry that the community lost such a down to earth and wonderful woman. I am glad that I was able to call her friend for the brief time that I did. You are missed.
Korben Larkham

Postby Korben Larkham » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:52 pm

Aw damn.

I can't say that I knew Alison as well as some others here grew to.

There'd been a brief interaction with what I imagine may've been her initial alt-foray into Gor as a kajira, before Alison the awesome FW had come together. Then, months later I learned Allison the FW from Cardy had the same typist as this kajira I'd known--- and I had to smile, knowing she'd found her great times.

I'm very gratified to read it seems her family was there for her, and able to be with her at the end. I am also glad to see so much love for her here on the Gorums.

((Chron, thanks for the offline alerting me to this thread.
E. Edward Gray
SL Name: Mr. Resident
Role: Back in the Game

Postby E. Edward Gray » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:36 pm

I have been really hesitant to post on here because of my own personal beliefs on death and the internet and such..

All things considered I guess it may be helpful or perhaps even kind to acknowledge one of my best SL friends..

It's difficult to judge one person's life without drawing comparisons to one's own existence and in doing so find faults that are painful to accept within yourself..

Allison is a person who made it very easy to see how we could be better people..

I owned one of her alts in game for a long long time, which was a fantastic experience, she and I got along IC greatly and I could not help but feel comfortable dealing with her.. The demands for Roleplay were always tempered by the wish to ensure that those she roleplayed with felt something..

She never was overbearing with me, never too needy or too dramatic.. Instead doing her task be it working with others on her Alison Alt or building a sim, perhaps working as a free woman..

But she found the strength to ensure that she could find time to say hi, or drop in, never just simply content to bounce in and out without acknowledging that she knew you were there..

Looking back at that, I wish I had been more grateful, because I wasn't and now it's too late to change that..

Even after I knew she had gotten sick, even when I heard it in her voice, even when I stopped seeing her log in, I didn't take the time to make sure I said "HI" back..

So yes I look back at the memories of Alison and I compare those memories to my actions I rightfully find myself Lacking..

I won't make declarations and empty promises, because the gesture is disingenuous but I will say that I hope that the next time someone is as good as Alison was, that I remember and take action to show them how appreciated they are before they are gone from this world..

I'm not happy unless you're not happy..
Alora
SL Name: Juniper Ruby
Caste: low
AkA: Alora

Postby Alora » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:39 pm

I did not know Allison, I haven't been in Gor long enough to role play with most here, Allison included, but I wish I did, from reading everyones words she was no doubt an amazing person.

I wish all her family and friends in Second Life and out, peace and my utmost sympathies, and even though physically she may have left, she lives on in the minds of those who knew her, and in her blog.

I know of one person right now who is suffering from withdrawal because of her and her blog, I wish I could thank her.

Her blog will be passed around and countless people will read it and quit smoking because of her words, she will save so many lives I have no doubt.

Sleep sweet.

Return to “Memorials”