RIP Allison Cortes' You will be missed by all.

For those we have loved...and lost...
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Re: Allison Cortes' Health

Postby HorizonNinetails » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:45 am

Challenging.
Stubborn.
Opinionated.
In short, a beautiful woman and a good soul.
One of the best friends I've had here.

I don't really know what to say.

Its one of those things where you hope and hope for the good to win for so long, you just can't believe its over.

I'm usually not at a loss for words, but I am right now.
I keep trying to say whats in my heart and all my head can do is amble through it and hopelessly scratch it out.

<3 my friend.
Mynerva
SL Name: *****

Postby Mynerva » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:20 am

I never met Allison but I read her blog and it really touched me. Like so many others I hoped she would recover and I admired her strength.

My condolences to her family and to all her friends.
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:54 am

It lacerates my heart to hear about Allison passing away. She certainly belonged to the best roleplayers I have met in SL yet and had a sweet-temper whenever you talked to her in IMs, ever patient and willing to let you tap her creativity - finding solutions for RP-arks that somehow ended up in one-way-streets, she'd show you the little door behind the burning barrel where another story just begun.

A unique person and I am glad that I got to know her, she will be sorely missed. My deepest condolences towards her friends and family - I am relieved to hear that she wasn't in too much pain and left this world with them at her side.
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Torrid Streeter
Busty McModsalot
SL Name: Torrid
Role: Devil's Advocate

Postby Torrid Streeter » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:27 am

I had just spoken to Allison maybe 6 weeks ago. The woman was so graceful and poised. We laughed together but one of the things we laughed about is something I will share with you all.

I am not known for sharing my men. I never passed that in kindergarten and as I got older it just never was a skill I ever mastered. To this date there is only one woman I have ever willingly and completely offered to share Victor with and that was Allison Cortes. I actually tried to convince Victor and Allison to companion in Cardy a few years ago.Allison was that special to me.She was a woman who I trusted and was always made us laugh. Even as a slaver she met Torrid before her complete submission days. Her sense of humor, timing and combined with her magnificent writing skills made me, along with many others seek her out.

I played an alt In WInterfell, we decided to try and outwit Victor, playing she was my Aunt before he even knew what had happened she spun a tale that made all of us smile.

I only knew the woman through this machine we all use. I do know for a fact that the world will be a little less brighter. My prayers and thought go out to her family and friends. May you rest in peace.
Ridicule is the first and last argument of fools.
Charles Simmons
Cor
SL Name: Trenzos Dyrssen
Caste: Scribe
Role: Scholar
Home Stone: Ar
Owner: Kaissa

Postby Cor » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:47 am

There's not much to be said, really. Allison did most of that with her blog. I met her in Cardonicus and ever since then, we've always been in touch. Maybe its because we're both Australians or even because we live in the same city. But she was such a brave brave woman. I loved her for being so positive about things when she told me about her cancer.

We had amazing rp scenes. Cor would always be an ass to her and she'd hate the man. And it was always one full of memories. We'd be in IMs talking about various stories and I loved how we balanced things out. She made a sim that was open for both GE and BTB folks. But basically, it was a place for her to just relax, unwind and not worry about the problems she was facing.

There's been too much death as of late. I feel so weary being surrounded by it and yet I know it's inevitable. And that's why sometimes I'm so glad I at least have something to hold onto during such turbulent thoughts. It doesn't matter how we meet people. Whether it's on the train or pub or on a weird virtual world called SL, the bonds remain the same.

And though Allison's gone to a place where we can't go to yet, I believe the bond has not been severed.

Peace be upon you, Allison.
“Of mankind we may say in general they are fickle, hypocritical, and greedy of gain.”
Sacha
SL Name: Resident Resident

Re: RIP Allison Cortes' You wll be missed by all.

Postby Sacha » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:38 pm

I never had the opportunity to speak with Allison so I am at a loss for words. I do however wish her family and those who knew her best comfort and my condolences and praise of kind memories towards her peace.
This should be interesting.
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Re: RIP Allison Cortes' You wll be missed by all.

Postby Tamar Luminos » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:57 pm

I'm so sorry to see this, once again in tears over reading of someone I knew from SL passing...

I followed her blog, and had fervently hoped she might recover as well. My heart goes out to her family and friends.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Aphris
SL Name: Aphris Myoo
Role: Yearkeeper & Trader
Home Stone: Kataii

Re: RIP Allison Cortes' You will be missed by all.

Postby Aphris » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:45 pm

I did not know her, maybe met once or twice. But her witty profile made me smile when I just read it.
She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Image
Perse
SL Name: Perse

Postby Perse » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:49 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, everyone. I didn't know her personally, but my condolences to those who were close to her, here, and my thoughts and heart go out to her friends and family.
Nathuram
SL Name: Ganesh Leitner
Caste: Black Caste
Location: Shades of Ayr, Tent in the SW Corner, sitting on the floor wanking

Postby Nathuram » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:16 pm

I still remember the moment where she told me about her fate..how i was speechless at the strength she showed, the way she accepted it..and worried about the well beeing of her family and friends more then herself. Allison was one of the most kind people I have ever had the honour to share a story with..so witty, so relaxed..and always able to put a smile on my face.

I will miss you Allison <3
'Sometimes a killer takes the dice that the Priest Kings' roll'

Return to “Memorials”