RIP Allison Cortes' You will be missed by all.

For those we have loved...and lost...
Ala
SL Name: Ala
Caste: Puddin' Pop!
Role: Bondchuk
Home Stone: His feet
Owner: da Jarl dude

Re: Allison Cortes' Health

Postby Ala » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:17 pm

Lucius wrote:I'm sitting here at this point wandering if I can just take this week back and make it not have happened. I'm very sorry to hear this and my heart goes out to her family.

This! One thousand times this!

Thank you for the update Cor. Heartfelt wishes to her friends and family in this time.
Capture the mind ~ all else will follow.

I am not a bitch ~ I just have a low tolerance for bullshit
Escapee
SL Name: elzbieta balfour
Caste: gone
Home Stone: gone
AkA: Hollie

Postby Escapee » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:29 pm

my prayers for Allison and her family's comfort during this time... offered again and again.

my father used to tell me "Every day is a gift from God" This week on the forums has reminded me again of that.
it was
Adam Zadeh
SL Name: Adam Zadeh
Caste: Vinter
Role: Winemaker and Merchant
Home Stone: Port Kar

Postby Adam Zadeh » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:49 pm

Keeping here in my thoughts and prayers. SL is more than a bunch of pixels on the screen, it's flesh and blood people that we love and care for even though we may never meet them.

Good luck and may God bless you Allison.
http://goreanwines.blogspot.com/ - A blog about more than Gorean wine.

http://2smallerwheels.blogspot.com/ - My scooter blog!

Vita sine litteris mors ('Life without learning [is] death')
Skyes Jarvinen
SL Name: skyes
Role: slave
Home Stone: BACK..okay only part time
Owner: Derven Baily

Postby Skyes Jarvinen » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:18 am

I met her once as my alt looking over a build she was at afraid to approach. Standing off trying to be inconspicuous. I knew who she was and was star struck. But she spoke to me first and OMG such a wonderful woman. We laughed. She put me at ease. And she was just so normal and down to earth. All OOC. I can only imagine her in RP. I am greatly saddened.

I wish her family strength and in the end peace, comfort, and the knowlege she will never be far. Within a blink, a smell, a sound, a sunrise or sunset, they will have her within their hearts and memories.
I pray Mistress a soft passing into the arms of the angels that will bring her home.

A word to her friends: I have lurked and read and learned from you all. Mostly, I looked for her posts the most. No matter what others say, those in SL Gor are a family. A strange motlely crew of a family, but nevertheless, family that pulls together with hearts for each other.
~pancake~
SL Name: Linnet, Linx,
Role: OOC
AkA: Pinkie Pie

Postby ~pancake~ » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:52 pm

Ala wrote:
Lucius wrote:I'm sitting here at this point wandering if I can just take this week back and make it not have happened. I'm very sorry to hear this and my heart goes out to her family.

This! One thousand times this!

Thank you for the update Cor. Heartfelt wishes to her friends and family in this time.

Very much both of these.
Sending strength to Allison and her friends and family.
Callista Vaughan
SL Name: Callista Vaughan
Caste: Scribe
Role: Bank Clerk
Home Stone: Treve
Owner: FC: Rudros Solari

Postby Callista Vaughan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:22 am

I've known Allison on a couple of my characters and had no idea she was ill. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. :innocent:
Cor
SL Name: Trenzos Dyrssen
Caste: Scribe
Role: Scholar
Home Stone: Ar
Owner: Kaissa

Postby Cor » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:02 am

my beautiful sister ALLISON past away at 2.30am this morning, in the arms of her family... thankyou everyone for everything u have ever done for her.....
Rachael xoxox
“Of mankind we may say in general they are fickle, hypocritical, and greedy of gain.”
~pancake~
SL Name: Linnet, Linx,
Role: OOC
AkA: Pinkie Pie

Postby ~pancake~ » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:11 am

Cor wrote:
my beautiful sister ALLISON past away at 2.30am this morning, in the arms of her family... thankyou everyone for everything u have ever done for her.....
Rachael xoxox

Once again I find myself wishing I had words that could comfort her friends and family in SL and RL but I find myself completely lacking the ability to say the right thing.

My thoughts are with you and sending you strength in the time to come.

Postby ... » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:28 am

I'll admit it - when that man in Cardonicus said "Go get the slaver" and a dress appeared, I was reticent, at best. But! Never have I met a free woman so snippy nor a player so unapologetically kind! I think it took maybe 2 RP posts before I was neutral, and within a week or so, I considered you "friend". Your character owned mine, and we had a ball trying to get you enough coin for a new pair of shoes. More fun yet was getting to know you, learn from you, and generally be captivated by your infectious optimism.

We seemed to end up in the same places from then on, through one alt or another, from that original Free Woman/slave combo to panther girls legging it from docks and stealing canoes. I'll miss those times. But there will be other Free Women, and there will be other Panther girls. There will never be another 'you'.

Thank you for sitting with me for hours on end. Thank you for pretending that the death of my cat was important enough to cry over for a week. Thank you for thinking that you were showing me your 'ugly', while you merely displayed the depths to which you were beautiful. Thank you for showing me that there are mental people on the other side of the world, too! Thank you for your kindness, and for breaking the news to me softly. Thank you for never giving up. Ever.

I loved you and I will miss you oh so very much, my Mistress with the ugly shoes.

]Oor Breen: Can I confide in you?
]Allison Cortes: Of course.
Charlotte
SL Name: Charlotte Milev

Postby Charlotte » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:02 am

I only got to RP with Allison once, but it was so much fun we were both in stitches over it.

We both had a moment of "oh I think I know you, but I don't think I do" and worked out it was probably our Australian sense of humour or something which made us feel we knew each other.

Of course, we're ... we were... (?) both friends of Trenzos, so got to sharing cheeky IM's about him.

She made me grin, and she made my friends grin.

Theres never anything useful to say noticing someone has died...
Never underestimate the power of the angry mod even if you are a trained fighter. -Vyl

Return to “Memorials”