Re: Memorial for Adamark Susenko

Postby The Ost » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:14 pm

I wish you well Mark...

~the ost
The Ost abides.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:14 am

Here are some very nice pictures Adamark did for SL star wars 'huttler' magazine:

(Spoilers because they contain nudity, though I'd say they are in pretty good taste and show one of the diverse talents of this man):
Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted with permission from the magazine (the editor that worked with Adamark on them, and who told me they shared grief over his loss at their latest magazine issue party as well).
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:16 am

Oh... two of them removed ... probably because of the 'nudity'. Will find another way to post them, later.
All Sunday
SL Name: wannabeslave
Home Stone: Kaelus

Postby All Sunday » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:51 pm

:hrm: Try an account on flicker and send us the link.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:44 pm

Hmmm, could try that... or...

Here is another go:

Again, spoilers for the 'nakedness':

It was probably the copy-righted term 'twi'lek' that caused the first ones to be kicked. I bet Lucas Arts has some search engine scanning the web for those terms. So... since i changed the name, it should stay up.

Anyway... The huttler folks share in our grief, here. I hope they have cute Twi'leks up there, Adamark. Probably do.
ebediyet
SL Name: ebediyet Matthews
Role: slave

Postby ebediyet » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:44 pm

Kiana wrote:I'm profiling that quote. I've seen it before but it applies in spades now more than ever for me. Thank you, Mel. I love Marcus Aurelius' stuff. So did Mark. :D

I'm still trying to just breathe myself but it's getting a little easier and I know he would not want me to wallow for long.

This made me smile. With the stress of the move, Mark's death, not having internet until now I've felt so guilty for not being at the memorial. Like Mel I've imagined what I would have done if I knew sooner; I would have been to his service, done anything I could.

You reminded me of a day when Mark had been displeased with me, and wallowing at His feet /he was becoming frustrated with me. Finally he just commanded that I move on, it was done, and I did. Thank you for reminding me of what he would want, it has given me some closure.
"Don't leave me, even for an hour, because
then the little drops of anguish will all run together,
the smoke that roams looking for a home will drift
into me, choking my lost heart. "
Sabriel

Postby Sabriel » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:37 am

Thank you to those that made contributions to the fund for the Able Gamers Foundation. I donated $200 this morning in Mark's memory which will help them meet their goals for their attendance at Pax East in Boston this weekend.

The foundation often attends these conferences at great expense in order to network at these meetings of the gaming community for the betterment of accessibility to games. They are hosting a panel this weekend entitled, "Gamers Doing Good - How We Use Video Games to Make Life Better for Others". This foundation is also strongly supported by PopCap Games which I'm sure many of you have heard of before (creators of Bejeweled and Plants v Zombies). I think Mark would be happy that the community came together to help support this group and its valuable message.

For more information or additional donations, please see http://www.ablegamers.org/

Again, thank you all for your generosity in Adamark's memory.

Be Well,
Sabriel

Postby Sabriel » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:31 pm

I received a very very nice and unexpected letter today from one of the folks at AbleGamers. I had donated the funds anonymously for a wide variety of reasons but put some thoughts in the comment area in regards to where the money had come from and why. I thought you would all like to see it:

Dear (Sabriel),

Sorry for the delay in response, The AbleGamers Foundation was live at PAX-East, and I was not able to get the peace I need to send my thoughts.

Mark was a valued member of the community and I am sad to hear that he is no longer with us. We have retired his username on the site, "Sumerix" and ask that you send our love to his family.

I can honestly tell you that when we started AbleGamers to help my family as we struggled with disabilities, it never dawned on us that our members would pass... We fight so hard to overcome disabilities that we are always hit hard by those that leave us. This is something I never thought I would have to do, and each time I do it, it is hard, special, and sad.

I know Mark is in a better place, free from the challenges of this life, and I wish you and his loved ones godspeed.

I promise you your gift will be used to further what was important to Mark.

From the entire AbleGamers Family, we are with you.

---

The AbleGamers Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity that advocates
for greater accessibility in the digital entertainment space.

Visit our site, http://www.ablegamers.org
Like us on FaceBook http://facebook.com/ablegamers
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/ablegamers
eithne
SL Name: Eithne Abeyante
Home Stone: Real Life

Postby eithne » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:33 pm

I'm not even sure what to say here, and am nearly at a complete loss for words. I hate that I didn't see this until after the memorial was over, and wish that I could've been there. Adamark and I weren't as close as many others were to him, but every moment that I spent talking to him was incredible. This is also making me realize that every moment with those we care for should never be taken for granted. I hope that I can keep that in mind, and that those whose lives entwine with mine, even for a moment, will be able to take something from it as every person who crossed paths with Master Adamark's did.
He was a great and honorable man, and the time that I did get to spend with him will be cherished. He made me realize that even with the disabilities that I have, I can still live my life to the fullest, and I intend to do that more fully from now on.

Rest in Peace, Master. You will be missed, and in my heart and thoughts.

eithne
"There are a thousand humanities possible. He who denies this sees only his own horizons. He who disagrees is the denier of difference, and the murderer of better futures."
John Norman
Melisande
SL Name: Melisande
Caste: Warrior
Role: Ubara
Home Stone: Ar

Postby Melisande » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:37 pm

Eithne,

There is a permanent memorial for Adamark on the grounds of the Remembering Our Friends sim. It is the tall, white column of Ti. It has a green banner and plaque. You can go and visit, leave remembrances there any time.
Esse quam videri - To be rather than appear to be.

Return to “Memorials”