The Loss of One of Us

For those we have loved...and lost...
DiaCortes
SL Name: Isn't it obvious?
Caste: Same as before. I lack range
Role: I said I lack range!

Re: The Loss of One of Us

Postby DiaCortes » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:49 am

My thoughts and prayers to you and yours.
Sheraka Sirnah
SL Name: Sheraka Sirnah

Postby Sheraka Sirnah » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:03 am

Dear Kamir

When I did read the title of the thread without opening it, I somehow knew its about Montana .

My sincere condolences, Kamir.

I normally post here under a different account, but I thought it to be appropriate to post on this particular thread with this one, as it is the one I played when first meeting you and Montana in Tem Wood.

I did not know much about her OOC other than that she had cancer. I got to know her as an excellent role player, very authentic and very gorean and as a sincere person with a lot of patience. I know she made a big positiv impact on Tem Wood at the time and stuck to it, even so she knew a lot was wrong in Tem Wood. She also had a positiv impact on my own understanding of Gor and my role play.

If one would ask for an example of how to portay a free woman in SL Gor I certainly would name her. A big loss indeed. Kamir, yourself said it best once in a letter to the Tem Wood comunity, in a different context I know, but yet appropriate:

Montana, you have been everything a man could expect from a Free Companion. You have seen to my house, cared for my son, and done everything you can to see that when I am home I have all that I desire. You have been the haughty and arrogant rich woman you are, and given me headaches with your silly Free Woman perspectives just as any truly Free Woman would do as a companion.

You have maintained yourself always as a paragon of female virtue, dignity and chastity. Knowing when your opinion should be shared, and when your tongue is to be held. I would never say this in life, but in death I have no need to fear the repercussions of saying such a thing may hold for a man…. I love you.

Unforgotten words

Wolfgang
Sidney
SL Name: Sid

Postby Sidney » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:43 am

Horrible news. I don't know any of the parties involved, but am terribly saddened. My best thoughts and wishes to you.
Ice Bradley
SL Name: Bain Menna
Caste: Red Caste
Role: Warrior
Home Stone: Tarnwald
Owner: Real life
AkA: Ice Bradley

Postby Ice Bradley » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:20 am

Lady Di as i always called her was a close friend of mine. We shared many hours together in Port Cos back when i was there as admin..

To work with Di was a great honor and priviledge she took her duties extremely serious, and always did them with bigger dedication than anyone else.

My thoughts go out to Di's family and friends in this sad time.

I hope the very best for you Kamir and am truelly sorry for your loss.

Signed

Cruzer Zobel, as Di knew me as.
there's those thinking more or less less is more
but if less is more how you're keeping score?
Means for every point you make
your level drops
kinda like its starting from the top
you can't do that...
Kamir
SL Name: Kamir Congrejo

Postby Kamir » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:39 am

Ice Bradley wrote:Lady Di as i always called her was a close friend of mine. We shared many hours together in Port Cos back when i was there as admin..

To work with Di was a great honor and priviledge she took her duties extremely serious, and always did them with bigger dedication than anyone else.

My thoughts go out to Di's family and friends in this sad time.

I hope the very best for you Kamir and am truelly sorry for your loss.

Signed

Cruzer Zobel, as Di knew me as.

Again, another I have heard much about Ice. I am glad there are some names coming out that Dianne thought highly of, and remember her.
Slaves aren't the only ones with a nature. How about yours? You have been conditioned to doubt yourself. When you don't, she's less likely to as well.
Torrid Streeter
Busty McModsalot
SL Name: Torrid
Role: Devil's Advocate

Postby Torrid Streeter » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:13 am

I am truly sorry for your loss Kamir and her family's. I will say a prayer.*hugs you*
Ridicule is the first and last argument of fools.
Charles Simmons
alana
SL Name: alana quicksand

Postby alana » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:53 am

I did not know the lady, but your note has touched me deeply as well as the expressions of the people here in the forum.

I am sorry for you loss, very sorry...
She had the time with you, that I have no doubt meant so much to her...

She lives on in your own memories and some part of her has left its imprint upon the many people that she touched, both in rl and here is sl.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Retreat from reality ~ The substitution of the imaginary for the real.
~I know a lot more than you think, but I keep it to myself to save arguments~
Part of the 1%, lucky me! Must suck to be you. :poke:
Double Aa
SL Name: Mr Gor

Postby Double Aa » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:54 pm

My condolences for your loss.
"In Gor, everyone plays to win so we just set up the rules to create mutually assured destruction."
Tielle Tiponi
SL Name: Scott's Ti'elle

Postby Tielle Tiponi » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:28 pm

I'm so terribly sad to hear about the passing of Dianne, she was a huge part of my SL Gor beginnings and I've missed her presence for a long time. She was a truly wonderful Free Woman and an amazing example of what a Free Woman should be in every detail. Very few women in Gor have given that authentic feeling and I looked up to her as something special. She had great strength, intelligence, bravery and a kind heart. It is because of her that I became part of SL Gor, let me tell you a little story about that.

I had been in SL for about 6 months. At first I didn't realize Gor was in SL at all but one day I happened to hear about Gor and wasn't sure I wanted to be part of it here. So I waited a while and kept thinking about the Gor I see in my head since it was all I had ever known. After searching for Gorean themed sims I decided to just go and look at one, it would be my first visual of anything Gorean, the Paravaci. The Harriga was so beautiful and colorful, I was then intrigued to see other Gorean sims and see with my eyes their interpretation of what Gor is. My next stop was the City of Ti.

I walked around the city and found it to be so much less colorful an uninteresting, many of the buildings were in that horrible plywood texture, a few had better textures and I thought it was rather ugly overall, little did I know this was a city being built, I had not yet seen any other cities.

So I cruised around and was so delighted to find that perhaps this was a Gorean freebie place and I LOVED freebies. Being fairly new to SL I often collected all those stupid boxes of free items all over the place. Many of the objects and buildings in Ti were set for sale at 0L, how lucky I was to find such a place! Coming across a stone bread oven I thought it was really cool and paid the 0L to purchase it. Immediately I got an IM from a man who asked why I had bought the oven. I explained it was free so I bought it, he didn't say anything else. Shortly after that a woman IM'd me and asked about the oven so I explained to her it was free and I just bought it, she told me it was part of a city being built and that it was wrong for me to do that, it belonged to her. I felt so bad and was still trying to understand why it was set for sale, none of it made sense to me. Immediately I tried to give it back to her but it was no transfer, I felt kinda stupid and asked if I could pay her for it even though I didn't have any L's at all, I would find a way to repay her. She said the only way I could repay her was to submit to her right then. That kind of made me mad and frustrated, I stood around that sim for an hour debating how I could fix this problem, somehow. I felt so dumb for buying that damn oven!

I did submit to her, it was Dianne. It turned out that she was a smart and shrewd woman and I loved being part of her city. If it wasn't for her urging to submit to rectify the oven situation I probably wouldn't have entered SL Gor and instead stayed in text based Gor. I still have that darn oven and have always kept it in a special place in my inventory. She is greatly missed!!!

In my mind I can see Dianne doing cartwheels in heaven. She is in a much better place and whole again. I'll let that be my thoughts of her from now on.

Thank you for letting us know about her, Kamir. I hope my post brings you just a little smile.
Khyos Dagger
SL Name: Khyos Dagger

Postby Khyos Dagger » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:19 pm

Thank you for sharing this amazing story. My prayers are with you.

Return to “Memorials”