The new Red Caste: Black

Is it common for the Black to Ally Red Caste? / Belivable?

Yes
9%
Yes
9%
No
41%
No
41%

Total votes: 76
E. Edward Gray
SL Name: Mr. Resident
Role: Back in the Game

Re: The new Red Caste: Black

Postby E. Edward Gray » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:08 am

I am calling this entire thread invalid, there is no way that a red caste and a black caste could be online at the same time in the same sim in SL gor..

And if there were two male avatars on the sim at once the female avatars heads would explode..

I call bullshit..
I'm not happy unless you're not happy..
Tarl Torvalar
SL Name: Tarl Torvalar
Caste: Merchants
Role: Head Merchant
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: ALT of Toran Kultus

Postby Tarl Torvalar » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:20 am

Tal

What would be norm is one thing. However it is in my opinion absolutly legitimate to play a scenario that was not the norm but happened in the books. We all too often deprive ourselves by being to rigit and only allow stereotypes.

Pa Kur had a huge army under his command - black and red caste! Cernus of Ar had an alleged black caste AND red caste men under contract. It happened in the books so why not in SL Gor?
Aphris
SL Name: Aphris Myoo
Role: Yearkeeper & Trader
Home Stone: Kataii

Postby Aphris » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:25 am

Tarl Torvalar wrote:Pa Kur had a huge army under his command - black and red caste! Cernus of Ar had an alleged black caste AND red caste men under contract. It happened in the books so why not in SL Gor?

Exactly what I was thinking thats why voted that it was allowed.
She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Image
Echo
SL Name: Echo Horatio
Caste: Merchant?
Role: Trouble maker
Home Stone: Island of Jahesa

Postby Echo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:47 am

Tarl Torvalar wrote:Pa Kur had a huge army under his command - black and red caste! Cernus of Ar had an alleged black caste AND red caste men under contract. It happened in the books so why not in SL Gor?

Just to check. Doing the same job? If not why not mention he had a physician and a black caste?

@hehehe, Okay now stop. This is to ask if it could be possible in theory. Not what would really happen on SL. :lol:
"In order to roleplay in SL Gor, you first need to accept that people are not sensible." by Chron
Conall
SL Name: Conall DeCuir
Role: Torvaldslander

Postby Conall » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:17 am

Tarl Torvalar wrote:Tal

What would be norm is one thing. However it is in my opinion absolutly legitimate to play a scenario that was not the norm but happened in the books. We all too often deprive ourselves by being to rigit and only allow stereotypes.

Pa Kur had a huge army under his command - black and red caste! Cernus of Ar had an alleged black caste AND red caste men under contract. It happened in the books so why not in SL Gor?

I am sure each of them, black and red caste, had different duties and haven't mingled their castes. They will have fought together for him as they all have been hired mercenaries and had both the same goal ... gold.

And for sl-gor .. does it really matter ?
"You have your Odin and i have mine"
NoneSpecified

Postby NoneSpecified » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:51 am

Indeed different people will have their own variations based on their interpretation of the role. I personally would not work in tandem with Reds unless it was say the end of the world. As Bill Murray once said "cats and dogs living together...mass hysteria!". I like the rivalry and make a point of reminding warriors just how far they have to go to catch up to us. *grins*
Harlequin
SL Name: Harlequin Salome
Caste: Scripter
Role: Guy Who Stares In Confusion
Home Stone: Blender, mostly.

Postby Harlequin » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:02 am

The issue I've had, or at least concern, is that many (Not all so this isn't a caste-wide declaration) Assassins are masters of sword, shield, bow, knife, and every other weapon of war, AND are stealthy, poisoners, disguise.... etc.

At what point are you no longer playing an assassin, but are playing a super warrior who can sneak too?
There used to be a gif here. It was awesome. But it's gone now.
Echo
SL Name: Echo Horatio
Caste: Merchant?
Role: Trouble maker
Home Stone: Island of Jahesa

Postby Echo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:25 am

Harlequin wrote:The issue I've had, or at least concern, is that many (Not all so this isn't a caste-wide declaration) Assassins are masters of sword, shield, bow, knife, and every other weapon of war, AND are stealthy, poisoners, disguise.... etc.

At what point are you no longer playing an assassin, but are playing a super warrior who can sneak too?

Wait. Assassins can sneak???
Why doesn't anybody warn me about these things.

/me searches the hut she is staying in. Looks under the hammock, checks the trunk. Finding nothing she lights the hut on fire and runs deeper into the woods. Just to be sure. . . :lol:
"In order to roleplay in SL Gor, you first need to accept that people are not sensible." by Chron
NoneSpecified

Postby NoneSpecified » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:16 am

Harlequin wrote:The issue I've had, or at least concern, is that many (Not all so this isn't a caste-wide declaration) Assassins are masters of sword, shield, bow, knife, and every other weapon of war, AND are stealthy, poisoners, disguise.... etc.

We don't use poison. It's against our codes.
iJudas

Postby iJudas » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:02 am

Black Caste Assassin wrote:

We don't use poison. It's against our codes.

I'm the worst damn Assassin in Gor. Crap at every weapon, can't sneak about because of mini-maps, but by God i can tell a good story.

Isn't that what it is about?

As for the poll; I see no reason why Black Caste, in very limited numbers, wouldn't be touting themselves on the battle field along with their sisters in the Red Caste.

Return to “Warriors”