No votes

Total votes: 54
Lax
SL Name: Lax
Caste: Merchant
Role: Master Trader

what is the Best time to raid?

Postby Lax » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:31 pm

I am trying to math out when the best time to conduct a Raid would be. We would want to Include as many from our sim, as well as from the sim we wish to raid. I know the easiest way is to just IM, but I am wondering if we can factor in some average times for the happiest times for a Raid, for people who are either European, North American, or Asian Pacific.
Embrace the Story, it may not always be there
Verona
SL Name: Verona Lorgsval
Caste: scribe
Role: Editor in Chief/Publisher VoG
Home Stone: Olni

Re: what is the Best time to raid?

Postby Verona » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:09 pm

i like 1 pm sl time on the weekends that is the best time to get a great cross section of euro and american warriors all on at the same time. Yes i know it is 10 pm euro time, but earlier than that the americans on the weekend will not be up and ready to dedicate time to sl or busy getting their rocks off with their slaves.
All Sunday
SL Name: wannabeslave
Home Stone: Kaelus

Postby All Sunday » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:38 am

Verona wrote:i like 1 pm sl time on the weekends that is the best time to get a great cross section of euro and american warriors all on at the same time. Yes i know it is 10 pm euro time, but earlier than that the americans on the weekend will not be up and ready to dedicate time to sl or busy getting their rocks off with their slaves.

Considering the leght of a raid yes, I think it's a pretty good time zone.
Willow
SL Name: Willow Jenipe

Postby Willow » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:59 am

Depends who you want to be there. But if you want Euro players to take part, then around 1 pm is a pretty good time for a raid.

Most take place a lot later, and this is why raids for me are rare to the point of being almost non-existent. And why there are never wars in Gor. Gor is a pacifist's dream, in fact; I know several guys who have even given up carrying weapons.
Adi
SL Name: Adi Johin
Caste: Scribe
Role: Explorer, Mapmaker, Rogue
Home Stone: Imperial Ar, wintering in Fot

Postby Adi » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:59 am

Check this page. It's the Gorean Meter stats page. It has a graph showing number of binds, captures, and kills that should be useful for your purposes:

http://gm.mivabe.nl/regions/stat.php

Obviously this is generalized. If it's a euro sim you're wondering about the time is going to be generally speaking shifted five to eight hours ahead of a US sim, and so forth.

Looks like the general high points are 11am-2pm (the euro crowd, I presume). and 6-7pm (the US crowd).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"In the duel of sex woman fights from a dreadnought and man from an open raft. "

H. L. Mencken
Oneida
SL Name: 0neida
Role: Servant

Postby Oneida » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:27 pm

Mostly, from what I've noticed these past few months, activities happen earlier (compared to my time zone) to allow more Euro players to be involved. Around 2PM to PM SLT.

Adi wrote:Check this page. It's the Gorean Meter stats page. It has a graph showing number of binds, captures, and kills that should be useful for your purposes:

http://gm.mivabe.nl/regions/stat.php

Obviously this is generalized. If it's a euro sim you're wondering about the time is going to be generally speaking shifted five to eight hours ahead of a US sim, and so forth.

Looks like the general high points are 11am-2pm (the euro crowd, I presume). and 6-7pm (the US crowd).

The stats on the GM Site, reflects mostly of GE activity, since they are those that conducts raids and rescues often. To get a better idea at any given time you would like to raid, you may refer to the list of active sims (Top 33) and map / scout and see if their numbers matches yours. Some of those on the Top 10 are active around Euro Times. The rest varies as they have players from all parts of the globe.
Sempati
SL Name: Revenge Sempati
Caste: Warrior
Role: Dirty old man
Home Stone: Old Cardonicus

Postby Sempati » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:07 pm

My RL tends to keep me out of the raiding fun during the week since I not getting home until 7pm SLT. That leaves very little time for a raid and for any after RP would be rushed and brief. Not exactly fair for me to get a captive, RP for 30 minutes then have to go to bed and leaving said captive stuck in limbo for 20hours.
During the weekends, anytime is good for me to be or conduct a raid. For me it is part of Gor to be interrupted from my usual routine by random acts of violence, it is part of the experience that makes it exciting. I enjoy my bit of combat, even if my PC tends to do me disservice with its high ping and low fps.
“I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.”
“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
Bruce Lee
Ice Bradley
SL Name: Bain Menna
Caste: Red Caste
Role: Warrior
Home Stone: Tarnwald
Owner: Real life
AkA: Ice Bradley

Postby Ice Bradley » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:25 am

miss the option never
there's those thinking more or less less is more
but if less is more how you're keeping score?
Means for every point you make
your level drops
kinda like its starting from the top
you can't do that...
Very Criss
SL Name: Very Criss
Role: Ex Panther

Postby Very Criss » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:33 am

The best time to raid is when you are sure you can win, especially if you have a few in your group that tend to get snippy when capped.

:disney:
Disney Disclaimer
Disney face is not meant to offend, it's there because it looks like Affro Puffs.
The resemblance to any other Disney Faces, and their meanings, is purely coincidental and not the opinions that are held by the organization of Very Criss.

Return to “Warriors”