A Physician Did what???

A physician of Gor would most likely.... (Choose up to two)

.. do his job; which is healing.
18%
.. do his job; which is healing.
18%
... carry a sword and rape and plunder.
2%
... carry a sword and rape and plunder.
2%
... do whatever he wanted.
22%
... do whatever he wanted.
22%
... steal muffins at the bakery
8%
... steal muffins at the bakery
8%

Total votes: 50
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Re: A Physician Did what???

Postby Kaitlin » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:17 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:Peasants = Milita (fighter class)

What???
Peasants are not militia. Not sure where you got that from at all. There are no sanctions on what men can and cannot wear a sword. My only suggestion would be just know how to use it.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 pm

Kaitlin wrote:What???
Peasants are not militia.

militia
Noun:
A military force of civilians to supplement a regular army in an emergency.

Could be why they know how to use a sword? I guess I was trying to add some reasoning to this.

And for fuck's sake. I didn't say he couldn't wear a sword.. I'm not denying him anything, but... It ..... Is...... Stupid.

It's like accountants taking over the big building next door in the monty python sketch I posted, It's humorous and laughable.

How about freewomen who have their tits hanging out and barely there veils? You don't give them a second before ridiculing them. They are Freewomen Slave Wannabees.

This is no different:

We have a Physician Warrior wannabee.
Last edited by Hawt Sommer on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:28 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:

militia
Noun:

Could be why they know how to use a sword? I guess I was trying to add some reasoning to this.

Sorry.

They know in the same way a Physician, Slaver or even Warrior might know; someone taught them. :D
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:35 pm

Kaitlin wrote:They know in the same way a Physician, Slaver or even Warrior might know; someone taught them. :D

I guess I need to learn how to build from a builder and be a builder/baker/ninja assassin.

That makes me a builder ninja wannabee that happens to be a baker... :wave:
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Postby Vylixan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:39 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:

militia
Noun:

They would use pitchforks , spades, bats, scythes and all other things that are blunt, sharp and can be used to kill , hurt or chase people away.

Never underestimate the power of the angry mod even if you are a trained fighter.
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:42 pm

Vylixan wrote:Never underestimate the power of the angry mob even if you are a trained fighter.

Hell, Not worried about mobs. You see Fina/Sais's slave Army? Death by larmas and acorns or sticky lolli-pops: Talk about the shame. :oops:
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Postby Vylixan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:48 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:Hell, Not worried about mobs. You see Fina/Sais's slave Army? Death by larmas and acorns or sticky lolli-pops: Talk about the shame. :oops:

"Off with their heads." said the Red Queen.
Consuelo
SL Name: Consuelo Albanese
Role: Kajira

Postby Consuelo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:43 pm

Kaitlin wrote:
Hawt Sommer wrote:
Kaitlin wrote: There is a huge difference in a MAN albeit a physician carrying a sword and a panther girl. As for the travel aspect you can find them in the books as far north as Torvaldsand and as far south as Schendi. I'm struggling to see what the issue is here.

A physician acting like a warrior maybe?

:lol:

Just one word...Cernus.

No... "Captain Blood."
"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."
Steven Tyler
Dren Bernard
SL Name: Dren Bernard
Caste: Physician's
Role: On sabatical
Home Stone: Salernum

Postby Dren Bernard » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:40 pm

We all know that phsicians are morally the most outstanding members of our Gorean comunities. I mean look at the new Chief in Imperial Ar for one! A man with an untarnished reputation for.. eh.... hmm yes well.

Let me put it this way:

Physicians are people too. They will have their ideosyncrasies and personalities. Thank the PKs! By the books what we know of the personalities of the physicians is this:

On the first day the physician, a quiet man in the green garments of his caste, examined me, thoroughly.
(Captive of Gor)

There was also a man in the green of the Caste of Physicians, standing at one side, writing notes on a slip of record paper. He was a large man, smooth-shaven.
(Assassin of Gor)

That means that a physician in JN's eyes was ususally quiet and clean shaven. I am sure you are reassured most female physicians need to comply with this as well, a mo would not do! The being quiet is a whole other matter!

But yes if you feel a physician goes too far outside your perception of what his or her role depiciton should be to be credible..... take action!

That is hire a "convincer" dressed in black or vote with your feet and move away.
Dren & Kait's Gorean Physician's resource:
http://teslikandsiproot.webs.com/
Charlotte
SL Name: Charlotte Milev

Postby Charlotte » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:56 am

I remember for the longest time the huge view that Physicians were unarmed non-combatants. That they wouldn't raise a finger to save even their own patient, that a whole host of sims would have it in their laws that Physicians couldn't bear arms.

I know I enforced this rule often.

Then I read a bit more of the books.

There is absolutely nothing in the books that says (or even leads to believing) that Physicians wouldn't carry weapons to defend themselves, wouldn't fight for the defence of their patient, wouldn't gladly use their tools of the trade (scalpel, for example, or bed pan) to gain the upper hand.

So the books don't answer our problem, and now external knowledge comes in to play.
Many who played a char. in the physicians caste used the Hippocratic oath as a guide (Ah here's our answer to why no defence and weapons and non-combatant status!). Except the Hippocratic oath is ... well not gorean, and never mentioned in the books.

A separate logic is that people wouldn't have the time to learn the work of a Physician AND learn how to be a good swordfighter.
Except that Goreans can live hundreds of years at full health, so yeah, we had the time.

All in all, there's really no reason a Physician wouldn't rape/pillage/plunder. As a *gorean* and not an out-caste he'd never do it to his own home stone (nor an allied home stone, probably) but beyond that ?
Free game, man!
Never underestimate the power of the angry mod even if you are a trained fighter. -Vyl

Return to “Physicians”