A Physician Did what???

A physician of Gor would most likely.... (Choose up to two)

.. do his job; which is healing.
18%
.. do his job; which is healing.
18%
... carry a sword and rape and plunder.
2%
... carry a sword and rape and plunder.
2%
... do whatever he wanted.
22%
... do whatever he wanted.
22%
... steal muffins at the bakery
8%
... steal muffins at the bakery
8%

Total votes: 50
Arwyn Quandry
SL Name: Arwyn Quandry
Role: Slave
Home Stone: Imperial Ar
Owner: Darby Dollinger

Re: A Physician Did what???

Postby Arwyn Quandry » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:14 pm

I've had one of my character's face smashed in by a physician. While I don't see them plundering and pillaging without a backstory for it or going off to fight like a warrior, carrying a sword or a knife isn't out of the question, particularly if they're wealthy. They need to protect themselves, their homes/infirmaries, their patients and their castes.
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:22 pm

I'm not sure who it was. But looked kind of newb and put out a few lines that were ok but nothing spectacular. It seems this group now in the forums is now all of a sudden focused on the player and applauding his lack of conformity.

Almost seems like a pardox coming from by the bookers who usally tell people what they can and can't do. OMG Panthers never did this!!! But a physician can play pirate captian of the seven seas.

So I guess this proves a little theory of mine:
Some people get a pass, while some people don't because of X,Y,Z factors. There really are no rules no expecations for some but.... I'm sorry dear, women can't pick up a sword. But it's ok for the magistrate to lead an army of scribes into battle.

See what I'm getting at?
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:28 pm

Not at all since I have no idea who the player is you are talking about. There is a huge difference in a MAN albeit a physician carrying a sword and a panther girl. As for the travel aspect you can find them in the books as far north as Torvaldsand and as far south as Schendi. I'm struggling to see what the issue is here.

All men in gor used slaves and maybe even took slaves. Caste doesn't make them less of a man even if I did have to convince one in green he should spend some time in the tavern. :shh:
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:37 pm

Kaitlin wrote: There is a huge difference in a MAN albeit a physician carrying a sword and a panther girl. As for the travel aspect you can find them in the books as far north as Torvaldsand and as far south as Schendi. I'm struggling to see what the issue is here.

A physician acting like a warrior maybe?

:lol:
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:41 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:
Kaitlin wrote: There is a huge difference in a MAN albeit a physician carrying a sword and a panther girl. As for the travel aspect you can find them in the books as far north as Torvaldsand and as far south as Schendi. I'm struggling to see what the issue is here.

A physician acting like a warrior maybe?

:lol:

Just one word...Cernus.

Once upon a time... Kait
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:48 pm

Kaitlin wrote:Just one word...Cernus.

Cernus:
Slaver becoming an Ubar (after getting indoctrinated into the red caste, keyword here being indoctrinated)

Pakur:
Assassin acting like a warlord (Already a fighter caste (class) )

Fine. I'm going to re-roll. Going to be a baker... A fucking ninja assassin baker.. but afraid of women. With tattoos and pink tricycle with a horn that goes 'squeek 'squeek.

As for baking bread? Screw that.
Last edited by Hawt Sommer on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:59 pm

Hmm one word didn't work. Wielding a sword may be a talent of a Warrior but it certainly isn't limited to only warriors. Would all physicians wear a sword or be trained in its use? Likely not, but there is nothing in the books that precludes a Physician from being skilled in sword use. He could certainly have the same physical strength and stamina as any man of any caste.

A good example is many mercenaries are not of the Warrior caste. Here is another example.

He whipped free a sword and mine, and that of Marcus, too, left its sheath. He seemed startled, for a moment. I, too, was startled. Then, not sheathing the blade, he hurried on.
“Are there others?” whispered Marcus.
“Probably,” I said, “but on other streets, each taking a separate way.”
Marcus put back his sword. I, too, sheathed mine.
“Did you recognize the first fellow?” I asked.
“No,” he said.
“I think he was of the peasant levies,” I said. “I first saw him outside the walls. He had come from the west, and had survived the final defeat of Ar.” I thought I remembered him. He was a shaggy giant of a man. He had won the game of standing on the verr skin. He had cut the skin. I remembered the wine, soaking into the ground, like blood. He had stood upon the skin and regarded us. “I have won,” he had said. He had been of the peasants.

(Magicians of Gor)

Once upon a time... Kait
All Sunday
SL Name: wannabeslave
Home Stone: Kaelus

Postby All Sunday » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:00 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:
Fine. I'm going to re-roll. Going to be a baker... A fucking ninja assassin baker.. but afraid of women. With tattoos and pink tricycle with a horn that goes 'squeek 'squeek. Baking bread? Screw that.

Throwing bread shuriken?

The trycycle might be a problem... might.

Hey I'm so bored in rp this days I'd stare at anything absurd delighted.
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:02 pm

Hawt Sommer wrote:
Cernus:
Slaver becoming an Ubar (after getting indoctrinated into the red caste, keyword here being indoctrinated)

Cernus was already perceived to be the best sword in his household (huge) and possibly in Ar since he could afford to hire the best guards and instructors, long before he was ever tacitly given high caste status.

Once upon a time... Kait
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:07 pm

Kaitlin wrote:A good example is many mercenaries are not of the Warrior caste. Here is another example.

“I think he was of the peasant levies,” I said.
(Magicians of Gor)

Mercenary = Fighter Class
Peasants = Milita (fighter class)

I'm not saying swinging a sword is exclusive to a warrior at all.

But also remember that women in cities have certain expectations and are not allowed to take up a sword. Right? ;)

I think everyone here agree's this isn't the norm. But as soon as one person does it, then you might see some guys following behind an example. Just like them stupid buck teeth on slaves. Whoever thought those teeth were sexy? Bad ideas... they stick like shit to a brick wall.

"I'm going to join the caste of physicians. They got the best swords in Gor!"

Could happen. No complaints so far from any of you folks.
Last edited by Hawt Sommer on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Physicians”