A Physician Did what???

A physician of Gor would most likely.... (Choose up to two)

.. do his job; which is healing.
18%
.. do his job; which is healing.
18%
... carry a sword and rape and plunder.
2%
... carry a sword and rape and plunder.
2%
... do whatever he wanted.
22%
... do whatever he wanted.
22%
... steal muffins at the bakery
8%
... steal muffins at the bakery
8%

Total votes: 50
Hawt Sommer

A Physician Did what???

Postby Hawt Sommer » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:41 am

I came across a sim that has a male physician who is walking around with a sword hanging off of his belt.

Not only that, I overheard that this guy was going into cities to plunder, rape and pillage like a pirate.

I'm not one to ever tell anyone they can or cannot do something but... I don't know. This seems weird. What do you think?

Are there any quotes that support their behavior or training?
Melchior Wardell
SL Name: Melchior Wardell
Caste: Undertaker
Home Stone: None
AkA: Melchior Wardell

Re: A Physician Did what???

Postby Melchior Wardell » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:15 am

I think that not every killer might act out of greed, just as not every warrior might act out of honour. So a physician to act in such a way could be a storyline that we might not be aware off. I do however, question why it would go without consequence.

Just as a killer that fails his task might find his death or the warrior the court or his superior, so I think this physician will have the consequence of his behavior.

Next ... I don't think a phsyician might not carry a sword, although his behavior might be questionable ;)
Jani
SL Name: Janine Whetmore
Owner: of myself hopefully

Postby Jani » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:19 am

I swear I caught him stealing muffins after he got done performing an operation on a FW he had raped and pillaged. Maybe he's the gorean Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde.
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:22 am

If it is who I think it is then that is the guy who I recruited into SL Gor and gave some "tutorship" when he was new to the place, more than a year ago now... :lol:

Either way... I think normally the average physician would not keep busy with that. Who is to say we're not allowed to RP exceptional characters though...
Syndel
SL Name: Syndel Daviau

Postby Syndel » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:00 pm

I don't see an issue if the man had sword training. There aren't, after all, any codes saying Physicians can't harm or, for the matter, even refuse tending people. If he likes to go on the battle field, more power to him: fighter + combat medic combo can be quite awesome.

Now, if it was a woman... then I'd see issues.
Hawt Sommer

Postby Hawt Sommer » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:04 pm

That's why I put the "...Most likely would... " thing in there.

and I KNEW IT!!!!

Bakers everywhere, you now know who your culprit is that has been stealing muffins. It's them damn sword bearing, raping and pillaging physicians!

and I thought SCRIBES where bad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb3uCCjH9G0
Chron
SL Name: Chron Minotaur

Postby Chron » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:19 pm

How seriously I can take the character depends on how well it's roleplayed.

The original eccentric physician was Casca Hartono! Many did not appreciate his humour, some thought he was loopy, but acting the mad scientist was part of his character.

We would go places to roleplay and we'd be talking in IMs, then he would say "watch this...", and he roleplays something crazy and people would start IM'ing me asking "omg is this guy for real?", and I would be laughing through it all.

Sadly this is in his profile now;
"Casius Longinius Kangi Cetan Casca Hartono, what name you knew him as is gone.
He passed away April 30, 2010. May his memory be Eternal"
All Sunday
SL Name: wannabeslave
Home Stone: Kaelus

Postby All Sunday » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:29 pm

Chron wrote:How seriously I can take the character depends on how well it's roleplayed.

The original eccentric physician was Casca Hartono! Many did not appreciate his humour, some thought he was loopy, but acting the mad scientist was part of his character.

We would go places to roleplay and we'd be talking in IMs, then he would say "watch this...", and he roleplays something crazy and people would start IM'ing me asking "omg is this guy for real?", and I would be laughing through it all.

Sadly this is in his profile now;
"Casius Longinius Kangi Cetan Casca Hartono, what name you knew him as is gone.
He passed away April 30, 2010. May his memory be Eternal"

I envy the guy on many levels... a psychian can do those things and is limited by... the magistrate!

If he can make the character belivable doing cool things I applaud him. Those are kind of people that give you something to talk about and smile at.
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:58 pm

Chron wrote:How seriously I can take the character depends on how well it's roleplayed.

:clap:
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Postby Allison Millet » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:10 pm

if its the same person anarch is thinking of then he's a great roleplayer and its part of his backstory having once been a red and leaving it, applying for and entering the green caste
Hockey Stick!

Return to “Physicians”