Mesh-enabled low lag viewer

A forum to discuss the many different viewers for SL.

Mesh-enabled low lag viewer

Postby ... » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:06 pm

Suggestions, please?

I'm working with a crummy laptop that I'm not likely to get 'round to replacing until well into the new year. Which current mesh-enabled viewer is least taxing on the machine, in people's experience?
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Re: Mesh-enabled low lag viewer

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:13 pm

No such thing, sadly. I've looked for a while myself.

I think a big part of the problem are parts of the build in Amhas tbh. For some reason my FPS there is horrendous, while in other full mesh sims like Lydius my FPS stays at a spotless 60-80.

Try derendering / blocking most of the sim surround. That might help a lot.

Postby ... » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Anarch Allegiere wrote:No such thing, sadly. I've looked for a while myself.

I think a big part of the problem are parts of the build in Amhas tbh. For some reason my FPS there is horrendous, while in other full mesh sims like Lydius my FPS stays at a spotless 60-80.

Try derendering / blocking most of the sim surround. That might help a lot.

I haven't even tried to log in for a month or two. And I'm pretty sure my fan is clogged up with dust and the remnants of a tobacco habit past. I'll have to open 'er up!

You're right about AC though - there's a spot in the landing box where I literally am guaranteed to crash if I stand there for 3 minutes. Like clockwork! But I don't wanna leave!!
Lokia Spiritor
SL Name: Lokia Spiritor
AkA: Lokia Spiritor

Postby Lokia Spiritor » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:10 am

Tell me if you find one, I've tried most viewers out there currently with little luck, I myself need a low-lag mesh viewer.
Violetta Daviau
SL Name: Violetta Daviau

Postby Violetta Daviau » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:15 am

The new Firestorm 64 Bit Open Beta (38338?) improved my performance tremendously. Mesh piles who previously dumped me down from between 40-110 FPS to 3-5 FPS now land at a stable minimum of 23 FPS.
Kismet Reyes
SL Name: Scorn Eternal
Caste: Lost it
Role: Slave
Home Stone: About
AkA: Kismet Reyes

Postby Kismet Reyes » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:53 am

I used to be able to dual log without performance issues on firestorm/phoenix so long as I adjusted my bandwidth settings, but after all the updates and mesh I've only found one other viewer that I can sucessfully do so without crashing painfully.

Try Radegast - http://radegast.org/wp/

It's essentially a chat viewer, however it has a '3D scene' option so you can see your avatar rendered in all it's mesh glory and move about, albeit not very well.

I think for those of us that tend to focus more on the written rp than the animated aspect it's pretty damn good.

Screen shots: http://radegast.org/wiki/Screenshots
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:22 am

New Firestorm beta is lagalicious as opposed to their last viewer in my opinion. I still find the regular SL viewer to be the best in terms of performance. The interface is awkward but I it is my go to viewer for pictures. I run on ultra and with shadows and I move around much easier than in Firestorm. You might want to try Singularity too.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Viorel
SL Name: Viorel Daviau

Postby Viorel » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:33 am

I get great FPS on firestorm (80ish on average), but I tried Singularity and it kicked me up to 120.

Though, it seems to behave like/have a memory leak. Mind you, no benchmark test was done, I'm just highlighting symptoms.
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:39 am

Violetta Daviau wrote:The new Firestorm 64 Bit Open Beta (38338?) improved my performance tremendously. Mesh piles who previously dumped me down from between 40-110 FPS to 3-5 FPS now land at a stable minimum of 23 FPS.

I think this is going to depend on your machine so install with caution. I had to do a rollback to remove it. Not only did it crash but it caused really strange behavior in the video card that affected other apps. I'd wait on this one until a more stable release.

This release, regarded as separate from the Beta announced above, is a 64bit Firestorm Viewer for 64bit Windows operating systems. This build has had very little testing, and we expect it to have bugs we don’t know about and don’t know how to help you with. Thus it is ALPHA and experimental. Also note that not all of our support or developers can run it. Please consider it unsupported and please do not come to support asking questions that have already been answered on THIS PAGE. If you do, they will send you back to that page. This is an experiment and should be considered pioneer territory for those of you who are adventurous-minded! If you are looking for something stable that has been tested and is supported… please use the normal download mentioned above.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Exploring SL - Ann Owiti
Kait
Teslik & Sip Root Gorean Medical Info
Violetta Daviau
SL Name: Violetta Daviau

Postby Violetta Daviau » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:23 pm

Kaitlin wrote:
Violetta Daviau wrote:The new Firestorm 64 Bit Open Beta (38338?) improved my performance tremendously. Mesh piles who previously dumped me down from between 40-110 FPS to 3-5 FPS now land at a stable minimum of 23 FPS.

I think this is going to depend on your machine so install with caution. I had to do a rollback to remove it. Not only did it crash but it caused really strange behavior in the video card that affected other apps. I'd wait on this one until a more stable release.

As most viewers have... I had with the prior RTC version far more issues. I lost constantly contact to the asset server, had to reload my entire inventory after clearing cache and logging in to empty sims for half an hour, could suddently not TP anymore, had log on issues, inword rezzing issues, mesh issues - that is all gone now, and the performance sky rocketed too...

Return to “Viewers”