For V1 Viewer Lovers

A forum to discuss the many different viewers for SL.
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

For V1 Viewer Lovers

Postby Kaitlin » Tue May 15, 2012 7:03 pm

I've been revisiting all of the browsers in the last week with the major problems I've been having crashing with Exodus lately. I found something interesting for those users who really loved V1 and/or Phoenix and haven't yet made the jump to Firestorm. The interface now can be made to exactly mimic V1 plus it has the flexibility of V2/V3 functionality. It might be worth another look at Firestorm.

Here is a video on the interface features.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYaf2NZZmIE
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Re: For V1 Viewer Lovers

Postby HorizonNinetails » Tue May 15, 2012 8:18 pm

*James May Voice of Sarcasm from Top Gear*

Wowwwwww...

Yea. I get it. Its helpful.

But if you're going to dl a viewer and then completely change it over to be viewer one then why not...oh...IDK....use viewer one?

I hate the layout. I hate the way messages get squat up in most viewers and can easily be missed.

...hate...it...

I've gotten used to a lot of programs in the past, updates over the years...some swaps were great, some (like Vista?) were shit.

Viewer 2 and 3 are shit for the interface, yet the ability to have mesh and multiple alpha layers/tattoo layers is great. Getting rid of the need for SLX boxes is great...love the features...

I just hate the layout. Hate it.

If someone made a viewer with singularity's layout and with all the features of firestorm - I think it would be the preferred viewer.

I've seen these tutorials before.

If you have to make a tutorial about how to train a wolf to be a hound, then why not just give us the trained hound in the first place.

"aw crap, I had to reinstall firestorm...now...how did I have it all set up? Better take out that tutorial again and all the normal stuff about max mesh and sound rolloff and anti-afk...etc etc etc etc etc etc etc..."
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Tue May 15, 2012 8:26 pm

HorizonNinetails wrote:*James May Voice of Sarcasm from Top Gear*

But if you're going to dl a viewer and then completely change it over to be viewer one then why not...oh...IDK....use viewer one?

LOL while I agree with all of your post...one word...mesh.

Once upon a time... Kait
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Postby HorizonNinetails » Wed May 16, 2012 3:50 am

Singularity and other viewers show mesh.

The trick is getting mesh and all those other awesome features into a viewer that wasn't organized by someone with frontal lobe damage.

Viewer 2 should have been a bridge. Slowly work towards bigger changes. But no - here's your weird new viewer folks: deal with it.
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Wed May 16, 2012 7:36 am

I think Linden was too focused on its "new customers" and really couldn't have cared less about its existing customer base. A strategy that will eventually result in their demise as soon as a viable alternative is available.

Now that I'm used to the V2/V3 look I actually don't find I miss much about V1. I'll be glad when everyone updates because until then I have a block on my head, torso and feet to them if they encounter me in game.

Once upon a time... Kait
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Wed May 16, 2012 8:02 am

Firestorm with the V1 skin has been released March 19th

http://phoenixviewer.blogspot.ca/2012/0 ... eases.html

There is a few differences with the old V1, but clearly, much appreciable, easy adaptation.

Return to “Viewers”